Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY PANIC? Regulation talks are positive  (Read 472 times)
Borisov

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

There are people who don't believe in the news, and check everything 10 times. Others succumb to panic, hearing the news from third parties. All people are different, I personally Hold.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:43:54 PM

With fiat countries look for a paper trail to be able to see where funds have come from and where they go. I believe countries will look for same with crypto to prevent laundering and payment of taxes.
Michellekking

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:45:21 PM

People are in a bit of a panic at the moment, talking about regulations and bans on crypto, perhaps they don't understand all of the information coming out about the G20 or they simply don't read and just assume.

So far, the talks coming from European countries, Japan, the IMF and the likes are all on the same page, it's a positive technology that needs soft regulation so it can grow and develop, they've even stated a ban would be the worst outcome to this and no one is pushing such an agenda, from my take they want it to succeed yet they're just concerned about money laundering, the whole talks seem to be focused on how to prevent money laundering without restricting the growth of this technology, the head of the IMF Christine Lagarde is saying the same technology blockchain uses to authenticate transactions can also be used by regulators to track movements and prevent laundering or illegal activity, I've said before in other threads that a more open DLT or a way to track it would actually make bitcoin harder to launder than fiat, you would have a complete track record of the movements from each transaction, something which is impossible with a bit of paper and something you would expect to see in any future currency, more reading here:

https://www.coindesk.com/imfs-lagarde-track-cryptos-with-blockchain-to-fight-fire-with-fire/

Other countries have said regulation is required at an exchange level, requiring ID checks to purchase/sell crypto, where I live this is already in place and it works fine, I can buy and sell crypto freely just like the non regulated countries and all I had to do was provide ID, if you use this for illegal activity then you'll suffer, but are we really concerned about these people? I'm not one bit.

Between ID requirements and monitoring of transactions, does this really change anything? Sure, it'll shut up all the FUD about it being banned and what not, for people who are trading it or using it for legal activities not one thing will change for you, this just ensures the longevity of crypto, it's something WE NEED, it will also bring a ton more security to your assets, if some one hacks your wallet and moves bitcoin around 20 times it won't matter, the history of each transaction will bring it back to the thief and they'll pay the price.

To think we'll have this free for all currency with no regulation is crazy, it's inevitable, the outcome could of gone 2 ways, countries trying to ban it or countries trying to track it, you've got the head of the IMF saying it's positive technology and we just need to control laundering, why are people reading this as negative news and creating panic?

Anonymous coins will be the grey area here, I couldn't care if regulation comes in where exchanges are no longer allowed to list these coins, I would much rather see stability and longevity than the desire for anonymous transactions.

Once these measures come in nothing can stop it, you're now sitting at a chance to get in cheap, I know people who won't go near it due to it's lack of regulation, once it's regulated it'll blow up and we will see a ton more people jumping on with confidence.

So what do you all think? Other news like google and facebook banning ICO ads is meh at best, who cares, this impacts nothing other than another reason to FUD.
Yes, Regulation talks are positive, but all the crypto currencies have fallen, and I can't understand why people panic. The outcome of the negotiations is not bad news. I am now beginning to suspect that a whale can control the price of cryptocurrency.
Jacsnuffles

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 04:49:40 PM

I agree with you. If the government's agenda is for security then why not. But some people especially those who have doubt in crypto are backing out and pack their money back, you really can't blame them. For they invest in higher price and seeing their money shrink is quite depressing. It's okay, the cheaper it gets, the more investors are capable to invest. Lower price, higher chances.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:50:26 PM

People are in a bit of a panic at the moment, talking about regulations and bans on crypto, perhaps they don't understand all of the information coming out about the G20 or they simply don't read and just assume.

So far, the talks coming from European countries, Japan, the IMF and the likes are all on the same page, it's a positive technology that needs soft regulation so it can grow and develop, they've even stated a ban would be the worst outcome to this and no one is pushing such an agenda, from my take they want it to succeed yet they're just concerned about money laundering, the whole talks seem to be focused on how to prevent money laundering without restricting the growth of this technology, the head of the IMF Christine Lagarde is saying the same technology blockchain uses to authenticate transactions can also be used by regulators to track movements and prevent laundering or illegal activity, I've said before in other threads that a more open DLT or a way to track it would actually make bitcoin harder to launder than fiat, you would have a complete track record of the movements from each transaction, something which is impossible with a bit of paper and something you would expect to see in any future currency, more reading here:

https://www.coindesk.com/imfs-lagarde-track-cryptos-with-blockchain-to-fight-fire-with-fire/

Other countries have said regulation is required at an exchange level, requiring ID checks to purchase/sell crypto, where I live this is already in place and it works fine, I can buy and sell crypto freely just like the non regulated countries and all I had to do was provide ID, if you use this for illegal activity then you'll suffer, but are we really concerned about these people? I'm not one bit.

Between ID requirements and monitoring of transactions, does this really change anything? Sure, it'll shut up all the FUD about it being banned and what not, for people who are trading it or using it for legal activities not one thing will change for you, this just ensures the longevity of crypto, it's something WE NEED, it will also bring a ton more security to your assets, if some one hacks your wallet and moves bitcoin around 20 times it won't matter, the history of each transaction will bring it back to the thief and they'll pay the price.

To think we'll have this free for all currency with no regulation is crazy, it's inevitable, the outcome could of gone 2 ways, countries trying to ban it or countries trying to track it, you've got the head of the IMF saying it's positive technology and we just need to control laundering, why are people reading this as negative news and creating panic?

Anonymous coins will be the grey area here, I couldn't care if regulation comes in where exchanges are no longer allowed to list these coins, I would much rather see stability and longevity than the desire for anonymous transactions.

Once these measures come in nothing can stop it, you're now sitting at a chance to get in cheap, I know people who won't go near it due to it's lack of regulation, once it's regulated it'll blow up and we will see a ton more people jumping on with confidence.

So what do you all think? Other news like google and facebook banning ICO ads is meh at best, who cares, this impacts nothing other than another reason to FUD.

I do like if there is a regulation through cryptocurrencies, it would help us more by not be scammed by greedy and bad people all over the world.
Hovhannes

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:50:35 PM

Most governments and central banks do not want to recognize bitcoin as an asset or as electronic money, but they want to regulate ICO and the entire industry, that's impossible. I think panic is spread by central banks, because bitcoin is a direct threat to them.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10753

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 05:01:39 PM

Regulation should be healthy for cryptocurrency in the long run, since it should fortify cryptocurrency against day to day fud and bad news. The problem is how long it will take to get there, because we will get there, and just how many more news are going to affect the crypto market negatively along the way.

Each announcement is, as of late, stopping market resurge, not giving it enough time to recover the loss from the previous bit of bad news. The sooner regulation comes, the better for the market (another discussion would be how regulation should be enforced, how it applies on a per country base and so on).

Once that bridge is crossed, grass should be greener on the other side. There will probably be a large rebound after that and eventually a more stable market with less massive ups and down. Then we’ll be able to focus on cryptocurrency evolution and utility being the driver to price.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:22:58 PM

Well it depends on the level of regulation. If they severely restrict who can transact or even outlaw bitcoin then we could be in trouble. Banning or restricting ICOs would also have a negative impact because a lot of the money transacted inc cryptos is being fueled by ICO investment etc. If suddenly they become a heavily restricted market with KYC regulations etc then a lot of them will die off or find it hard to get investors.
The problem is that it always starts like that. at first they will introduce a small amount of regulation in order to not bring a lot of attention to it and then as time passes they are going to turn up the regulation to the point in which you will no longer be anonymous anymore when transacting cryptocurrencies, that is the real risk.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:07:57 PM

That is unadulterated hypothesis however instead of following what's originating from the discussions, nobody needs to prohibit it, they are plainly saying they need to empower it's development while security against illegal tax avoidance, you can search about the g20 bitcoin talks and channel in the course of the most recent week to perceive what different nations are stating, they've likewise truly all around concurred direction will be surrendered over to nations and no global approach will work.
In addition to G20, the governments of other countries did not speak out negatively about cryptocurrencies and did not state their strict regulation. The news background regarding bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies is quite positive, at least not negative. I also adhere to the view that the fall in prices for cryptocurrency is due to the actions of speculators, traders and those who decided to drop the price of bitcoin to buy it cheaper. And those who panic and immediately sell their cryptocurrency and buy fiat has always been a lot. Just everyone needs to understand that these temporary price jumps do not matter in the long term, because the price of the same bitcoin rises several times each year and no one remembers that its price has already been dropped so many times that many started to talk about the death of cryptocurrencies.
Ahsadahmed

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:26:47 PM

I am not panic i am just keep watching and stay hodl all my coin
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:55:24 PM

There are two ways of looking at this,there are people who started using this platform simply because they are away from the government regulation and they cannot control anything and the expected future investors does not care about the reason the market started in the first place as they wanted profit.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:12:11 PM

no need to panic! this fall and these negative news is a temporary phenomenon! I am sure that soon everything will return to normal and good growth will begin! Crypto market is the market for the patient! now serious players try to knock out weak hands from the game! Let's see what G20 will say, I think there will be positive regulatory laws!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:18:27 PM

regulation had to occur at some point of time.
People fear the unknown and I believe that this is not the only reason of crash , there is also TA behind it .
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:59:30 AM

at this time we do not need to panic with the price of crypto currency is very low. we do not have to believe the bad news about kripo, now all that has to be done is to push the crypto currency to recover. we can do this by adding investors to buy bitcoin, besides we also have to promote bitcoin to our brothers and friends to join in crypto currency.

stekinse

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

Still, no one has the specific reason why the prices are falling down of all cryptocurrencies but I think it is a market phenomenon. Good days will come very soon. Cool
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:15:21 AM

no need to panic! this fall and these negative news is a temporary phenomenon! I am sure that soon everything will return to normal and good growth will begin! Crypto market is the market for the patient! now serious players try to knock out weak hands from the game! Let's see what G20 will say, I think there will be positive regulatory laws!

Well, we people are different and we can't avoid that some of us will be driven by their emotions to be panic. There are so many issues right now and maybe this is one of the many reasons why crypto is down. For those who already knows how the crypto behaves I think they are the one who are not panicking in times like this.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:16:29 AM

As far as I know people are panicking because of the strong regulations back home and some are being taxed high for using cryptos and for others I think they are not reading the right news with is positive for everyone else and I see demand raising once these regulations people fear are laid out and understandable to everyone.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:27:55 AM

Most regulation talk is just about idea but not about how they will achieve it and mostly it will be years until regulation been finalized around the world and depends on the countries. Most countries agreed to apply tax regulation towards bitcoin but still banning ICOs and don't recognize cryptocurrencies. So what does it sounds to you? In one hand they will reap what you sow but they won't admit what you sow until now as an item.  Grin Grin
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:34:51 AM

Yeah, peoples seems to be panic. i don't know the fud that was spread.
but i suggest all of us to keep calm and holding. because if we holding, the price on the market won't go worse.

Holding a digital currency doesn't mean that that investment will be having a good pump, it still depends on how the currency moves in the market. As far as I know holding doesn't really help the price to pump.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ArabianStars

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

KRIPTON

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:56:06 AM

I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm thinking the same way with regulations being put in place, these are good news. It means they accept and recgonize the existence of cryptos esp bitcoin. Let us see it as a startup for it to grow and develop, cause as been stated, the worst outcome is banning of bitcoin.
So I would support regulations and even taxation.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: