Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Airdrop actually working for ICOs?  (Read 246 times)
tbalazs (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:55:19 PM

I was checking these Airdrops, they are usually asking for a telegram group join. All these groups are ending up having 50K + members. Ok, I understand that part, but at the end these groups are spammed by members, no real discussion is going on since there are so many comments etc. Is it worth it for ICOs to do airdrop? Anyone here who has actual numbers?

DGTX Airdrop // Crypto exchange without commission  (https://digitexfutures.com/join-waitlist?kid=15JQ42/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:00:48 PM

Sometimes it really work great, i mean airdrop atract people to join their ICO and some of them get really interested so they decide to invest at that ICO. But yeah to much spammer at chat, thats bad
cold cool

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

Airdrop is free, but ico needs money, so airdrop does not work for ico. By comparison, I think airdrop is more reliable.

rokergila01

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:04:21 PM

I was checking these Airdrops, they are usually asking for a telegram group join. All these groups are ending up having 50K + members. Ok, I understand that part, but at the end these groups are spammed by members, no real discussion is going on since there are so many comments etc. Is it worth it for ICOs to do airdrop? Anyone here who has actual numbers?
like her hell yes. ICO is usually offered by the developers where their goal is to raise funds to develop the projects they do in this case is a digital coin. They need funds to maximize the projects they undertake to quickly develop and can be quickly completed.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 01:05:19 PM

Sometimes it really work great, i mean airdrop atract people to join their ICO and some of them get really interested so they decide to invest at that ICO. But yeah to much spammer at chat, thats bad

Yeah it depends too much on what kind of people it'll attract.

Some of them use airdrops to get quality members that will then spread positive WOM and be active in the chat as well - helping out the ICO even more.
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 01:06:19 PM

I think it works only for scammers. It makes sense to do some airdrop on coins that are going to be used as such, but tokens are different, you don´t really need to airdrop.
Mmm, i dont  think your opinion was true. Blue token have no ICO and only have airdrops, the token price increasing 1000% from original price.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:31:07 PM

well that depend on the team some says it useless but some says it's a good thing to do.
I also saw some group like that and the admin was only busy with barrage question about when distribution, when airdrop, i didn't got my coin Etc.
but it's different thing if the admin was actively banned member that spam about bounty or airdop related question on the channel since it prove that the team is solid and investor would put more trust in project like that.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:54:54 PM

I really think the distribution of the tokens are necessarily so that the token value can have a range on the many users that register within the ICO, And if certain people would like to buy that certain token the demands will increase, They are rearing up mass adoption of token or coins because certain value of token are set to mass adoption, But some airdrop are only tend to scam people but not all are like that, If that certain token has great services it will sure click to the public then airdrop is not needed, But airdrop is just free so just grab that opportunity to get one.
ZinLee
Copper Member

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:56:38 PM

In my opinion airdrop is not necessarily bad. Depends on team work of the ICO and airdrop in what circumstances (attracting community, advertising projects, attracting investment, vote on the exchanges ...). I think airdrop was necessary for one of the first projects start
tbalazs (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

Thank you guys, so lets assume we have a really solid ICO with a good project, you would do an airdrop to raise interest?

DGTX Airdrop // Crypto exchange without commission  (https://digitexfutures.com/join-waitlist?kid=15JQ42/)
EvilMiner

Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

Every day have the new project airdrop but not all of airdrop project have the potential of the the ico coin, but some airdrop project only be the trash and not have the value for sell on the market. but some airdrop have the great value and have the high price and the ceo of this project was make the brave action where they bring their airdrop coin to the great exchange market like bittrex or yobit market.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:41:32 PM

i think yes, because airdrop is great for promoting their ICO, especially an airdrop with referal bonus.
The ICO itself will be known by many people
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:43:56 PM

I think yes. Doing airdrop is the best way to advertise your ICO. And i think ita depend on a member. Because those investor that have interest on that ico imsure they ask about it.
doppler effect

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:46:11 PM

I think that you should not join airdrops. It's really very rare to pay rewards to people who participate in airdrops. it's a waste of time it seems to me.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:17:20 PM

Airdrop is not only in telegram. It can be facebook or twitter. By gathering the airdrop participants, the ICO social media channel will have many followers.
This can attract investors to contribute on the ICO that have many audiences i think.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
loloy

The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 03:22:11 PM

Airdrops sometimes help ICOs to spread the word because ICOs will reward airdrop participants free tokens by helping them to advertise and share ico information to Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and other social communities.
But in my own experience I don't join airdrops because most of them are scams and aren't really giving free tokens and i only waste my time and efforts.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD
fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:23:23 PM

actually its work. because its a marketing strategy of an ICO so that many people know their project and prospective investors came in.
loloy

The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 03:29:05 PM

I think that you should not join airdrops. It's really very rare to pay rewards to people who participate in airdrops. it's a waste of time it seems to me.

One of the most use of airdrops is to increase the numbers of holders and will circulate when it hit the coin exchanges and let the market decide for the coin price value.
In reality, there are only few airdrop participants because not all r been are honest on their airdrop programs and most of them are scams and bogus.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD
ekkoadmiral

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:39:20 PM

I think you should not expect too much on rewards come from airdrop because the majority of airdrop is not worth. I attended a lot of airdrop and realize the value of it is very low.  To say nothing some fake airdrop aims to recruit members for the Telegram group
tbalazs (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:50:27 PM

Thank you for all your feedback Smiley

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: