Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hacking of accounts  (Read 134 times)
reighbut2017 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

hacking of accounts are very rampant nowadays, just asking if where we can possibly ask for help to recover our lost investment.
Is there any chance?
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:27:58 PM
Merited by prehisto (2)

you should use two-factor authentication on every account where you have valuable info/assets. In some countries, dont use SMS as the second factor, because it's easy to transfer your number to new SIM card. Here how one lost his coins that way: https://medium.com/@CodyBrown/how-to-lose-8k-worth-of-bitcoin-in-15-minutes-with-verizon-and-coinbase-com-ba75fb8d0bac

And I can't understand how it's possible in 2018, that Bitcointalk doesn't have 2FA implemented.Everyone knows how valuable these accounts are.
They just need to install mod for that: https://www.smfpacks.com/2fa/  I understand, probably, Bitcointalk has modified version of SMF, but it's not that hard to implement. Actually, i'm willing to implement that pro bono if someone would give me chance.

mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:41:50 PM

hacking of accounts are very rampant nowadays, just asking if where we can possibly ask for help to recover our lost investment.
Is there any chance?

This is quite unspecific, unfortunately. It might help if you could give a bit more details.
Generally, if you've lost funds and it happened not on a centralized exchange, then they are gone and there is no one who can refund you. But a bit more info would surely help Smiley
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:06:10 PM

Hacking of accounts will mostly happen if you have funds in the exchanges. The one who is not in control of his private keys are not in control of their funds. Hence keeping huge money is exchanges are not advisable. Hacking of accounts can also occur when you have entered a phishing site  and accidently given your private key.

At first, if you are using MEW try to bookmark the official site, most of the people visit a fake site and randomly give out their private keys. Secondly, unless you are doing a transaction never login to your wallet. Only use ethplorer or etherscan to check the balances. Use a hardware wallet if you have high value in your wallet. Send the coins to the exchange when you want to convert to your fiat money. These could help you in protecting your wallet from hacks.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

Now-a days there are various authentication system that banned hackings of accounts i think. But if the DNS server hack by anybody it can not be control. Othewise it is very much tuff to hack an account if you do not give your private keys or passwords. there is also email verification also for top security. So if you wants to secure your account must made these factors.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:28:38 PM

What accounts are you talking about? If you mean exchange accounts then you should make your accounts secure by activating 2 factor authentication or by activating sms or email authentication so that only you are able to access your account.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

Is there any chance?

Double authentication and complex passwords must be used. Often, especially in cryptopia I get emails about the login attempt.Hackers do not sleep.

HoaNguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:36:17 PM

Reading your posts, I guess you're talking about stealing accounts on exchange floors, right? To avoid hacking your account, you need to improve the security of your account by enabling 2-FA authentication, changing your recovery email password, restricting account login to unknown devices, etc. And usually, some exchange floors like Kucoin need to enable 2-FA security before they want to deposit, trade or withdraw, that reduce the risk of hacking accounts.

francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:35:41 PM

Most likely not because the exchanges are mostly unregulated because they do not deal with publicly traded shares and cryptos are not enough to catch the regulators eye.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: