Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 6990's...  (Read 3115 times)
carbonc

Activity: 126
Merit: 60

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 08:45:49 PM

Where are you located?

In a bunker deep underground made of hardened concrete with 3ft walls surround by swamps infested with herpes infected alligators and gun-toting rednecks within the perimeter of a top secret military installation patrolled by black helicopters with night vision and miniguns and artificially intelligent cyborg sentries that emit deadly radiation and nerve toxins.

It's hell to get a pizza delivered.

Or, to be less specific - Colorado.

And your landlord said either the cards go, or you go.
Musta been pulling in too many amps away from their cyborg sentry guns.

Can't have that man...
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alans (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 08:53:38 PM

Nothing quite so vicious as an artificially intelligent cyborg sentry when the guy in the basement keeps tripping its breaker...
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 09:04:28 PM

Where are you located?

In a bunker deep underground made of hardened concrete with 3ft walls surround by swamps infested with herpes infected alligators and gun-toting rednecks within the perimeter of a top secret military installation patrolled by black helicopters with night vision and miniguns and artificially intelligent cyborg sentries that emit deadly radiation and nerve toxins.

Right until the last line I thought you might be my neighbor. (can't get pizza delivered out in these boonies either 8^)

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
jgraham

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

<Pretentious and poorly thought out latin phrase>

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:19:21 PM

Rather, I would appreciate your input and insight on the best way to conduct a large transaction like this in bitcoins.

Worst case, I post them on ebay, I have an excellent rating there but haven't used it in a few years.

I made some money selling 6990's on ebay just walking out to the store and flipping them (there's was never any shortage over here).  I agree though their fees are nuts. If you do trust ebay but hate their fees.  Perhaps you can use something like ebay as a means of establishing identity.  For example require a successful sale of some small $1 priced item on ebay via private auction (which will cost you next to nothing in fees ).  Then piggyback your BTC transaction on the success of that.  You or the other person still have the option of hurting the others reputation if there is foul play (you could even require people with ebay ranks of a certain level ensuring they have something to lose).

I'm rather good with Linux.  If you're having problems with your mining rig I'll help you out remotely for 0.05.  You can also propose a flat-rate for some particular task.  PM me for details.
alans (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:28:05 PM

Where did you find that many 6990s???

I got lucky and hit a vendor the day their shipment arrived.  Their site now has a "limit one per customer" post and a backorder with no ETA...
alans (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:31:08 PM

Rather, I would appreciate your input and insight on the best way to conduct a large transaction like this in bitcoins.

Worst case, I post them on ebay, I have an excellent rating there but haven't used it in a few years.

I made some money selling 6990's on ebay just walking out to the store and flipping them (there's was never any shortage over here).  I agree though their fees are nuts. If you do trust ebay but hate their fees.  Perhaps you can use something like ebay as a means of establishing identity.  For example require a successful sale of some small $1 priced item on ebay via private auction (which will cost you next to nothing in fees ).  Then piggyback your BTC transaction on the success of that.  You or the other person still have the option of hurting the others reputation if there is foul play (you could even require people with ebay ranks of a certain level ensuring they have something to lose).

Not a bad idea if I had someone that wanted to buy all 8.  It would be quite a bit of work to jump through those hoops 8 separate times though...

You're in for a slice of the bounty pie.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 12:22:38 AM

You can try selling those on overclock.net, and if you're willing to part out, plenty of people are gonna get all over your stuff.

get a heatware account, btw.

downside, paypal. :/

alans (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 01:40:20 AM

You can try selling those on overclock.net, and if you're willing to part out, plenty of people are gonna get all over your stuff.

get a heatware account, btw.

downside, paypal. :/

Awesome!  Thanks!
mrbashfo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:43:49 PM

Sorry, you have to let bitcoin mining go. But I would like to say that is beautiful! LOL

Sold To
Kax0, gamekingx, maltaethiron, Cory, Morebitcoinsplease, TECSHARE, wildboy211, inlikeflynn, deslok, WiseOldOwl, and more

Bought From
tsvekric, wildboy211, shakaru
alans (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 06:41:13 PM

I know!  Rainbows shoot out and a heavenly choir sings every time I open the door to my basement.  Geek Heaven.

alans (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:19:28 PM

I've decided to sell via Amazon.  Thanks for all your input!  I'll sort out the details shortly and will post links when they're available for sale.

Thanks!
alans (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:31:19 PM

Thanks for all your input!  I'm dividing the offered bounty between the following users:

larrythesimpleton
tman540
jgraham
starlightbrea

I've contacted you by PM to arrange payment.

Thanks!

Al
worldly

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 07:56:49 PM

wow, im trying to track down these right now.
looking forward to the link.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
xcarbon1

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:14:45 PM

Yeah, just sell them on eBay, you will have more buyers.
alans (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:21:35 PM

wow, im trying to track down these right now.
looking forward to the link.

I'm using amazon fulfillment so it will take a few days for them to show up.
SHlFT

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 10:06:31 PM

Where did you find that many 6990s???

Bulk order when they were in stock?
alans (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 03:06:03 PM

[/quote]

Yeah, I found weird little vendor that had 10 in stock, I bought all I could raise the $$$ for.  They now show "one per customer" and no eta.  It was superbiiz.com:

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AT-HD6990&title=Sapphire-Radeon-HD6990-4GB-DDR5-DVI-4x-Mini-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-Video-Card
solarpower

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 03:33:47 PM

Yeah, I found weird little vendor that had 10 in stock, I bought all I could raise the $$$ for.  They now show "one per customer" and no eta.  It was superbiiz.com:

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AT-HD6990&title=Sapphire-Radeon-HD6990-4GB-DDR5-DVI-4x-Mini-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-Video-Card
[/quote]

They used to be called Ewiz.  They are a ok company to deal with.  I haven't ordering anything from then since they changed their name (a long time ago)

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/eWiz

Solarpower
iceboks

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:18:35 PM

Nothing quite so vicious as an artificially intelligent cyborg sentry when the guy in the basement keeps tripping its breaker...

I have made it to the forums

I can help with the hardware aspect of this but not sure about the networking.

Take a look at this custom firmware for routers it supports vpn and vlan on the cheep.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Configuration_HOWTOs
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:55:10 PM

Where are you located?

what part of colorado, I am in colorado springs and might be interested.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: