Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-18] Lawsuit Challenges Google’s Ban on Crypto Ads in Russia  (Read 149 times)
xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 05:26:50 PM

Read the full article HERE

Lets hope John McAfee, a USA crypto entrepreneur going to do the same in the USA Wink

Lawsuit Challenges Google’s Ban on Crypto Ads in Russia.

A lawsuit has been filed against Google in Russia after the company announced restrictions on cryptocurrency-related ads. Entrepreneur Vladimir Orehov demands a 2 billion ruble compensation from the Russian Google entity OOO «Гyгл». He claims the ban will deprive him of opportunities to invest in crypto projects and find investors to fund his own business initiatives.  

Google’s decision to impose restrictions on the advertisement of cryptocurrencies and related content has triggered a legal action in the Russian Federation. A local businessman has filed a lawsuit against the Russian-registered Google entity OOO «Гyгл», Vedomosti reports. Vladimir Orehov claims he is missing business opportunities and possibly losing money. He insists on receiving compensation for his foregone earnings to the amount of ₽2 billion RUB (almost $35 million USD).

The Russian crypto entrepreneur says the ban will deprive him of opportunities to invest in crypto projects and also find other investors willing to support his business plans. Orehov wants to be compensated for the “moral damage” caused by the ban and insists on its lifting. The lawsuit has been filed with the Zamoskvorechye District Court. Its press secretary confirmed the claim has been registered on March 15.

" I believes people should have the right to make choices. "

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:42:39 PM

I support such actions. Google is a monopoly on the Internet and it becomes a problem. The ICO or cryptocurrency fraud charges have no evidence. If you want to ban advertising you have to prove that this project is a Scam. Many times, the terrorists committed assaults on people on the tracks. Let's ban all the tracks. Lol.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:06:18 PM

I have always believed in people making their own choices provided the latter does not step on other people's rights. But you know, as I see it clearly here, Google has all the business judgment or prerogative to admit or ban any advertisements at will, save for those mandated or disallowed by governments by virtue of its inherent police powers. I see that this businessperson, the proponent in this case, is on the losing end. It is because while he has clearly an interest in the investment on cryptocurrencies, this interest is merely inchoate or unrealized or not vested. There is no pecuniary loss. Adding to the aforementioned, Google is not doing any crime when it decide to ban ads on cryptos. Ya hear me? Google then is clearly at liberty to act on its own business interest provided they are not doing anything in violation of the laws of the land.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:56:45 PM

I support such actions. Google is a monopoly on the Internet and it becomes a problem. The ICO or cryptocurrency fraud charges have no evidence. If you want to ban advertising you have to prove that this project is a Scam. Many times, the terrorists committed assaults on people on the tracks. Let's ban all the tracks. Lol.

It has not much to with the scam aspect of the services they allowed to buy ad space. If that was really the case, they would have stopped allowing crypto ads a long time ago already. Google has to protect itself legally, and to prevent itself from losing billions in ad revenue. It isn't all that long ago where multinationals threatened to cut their ties with Facebook and Google if they didn't force through specific changes. If it was up to Google, these scam ads would be allowed endlessly, but it's just the overall pressure that made them do this. Money is their main incentive.

I can definitely understand that people see this as an attack on crypto, because while crypto options, futures, etc, aren't allowed, platforms offering all these traditional trading instruments are still allowed to advertise, even though they need to be licensed now. Perhaps, when this market has been regulated and aged enough at some point, they will review their terms, but we shouldn't really take it for granted. Bitcoin never needed any advertisements, and certainly doesn't need it now.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:58:43 PM

The suit against the Google campaign in Russia is very necessary to protect people for the right to use crypto currency. It is difficult to foresee what decision the Moscow Zamoskvorechny District Court will take. I do not believe in the objectivity of the Russian court. It can be unequivocally said that the amount of the lost profit of $ 35 million is heavily overstated and it will definitely not be satisfied in this amount. However, such a lawsuit really can serve as an example for imitation and filing similar lawsuits in other countries.
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:13:31 PM

I think google need to put more effort to stop scammers, phising scams within they own business first, ppl get ripped off more from scams via google email services than from crypto investment adds Smiley

But for some reason they not blocking (or they can not? ) those kind of emails automatically , they asking users to report scams, phising emails Smiley
There is many legit crypto business out there ... of course bad guys showing up everywhere when easy profit possible via scamming ppl Wink

Lot of ppl run into a bitcoin "gold rush" last year, hoping a crazy big profit within a short period of time thank you for the media . Lot of us who is in this "business" for longer time, active miners, daily traders, we know there is rough times and good times in this business.

The media created a very good time last year ...
Now the media creating a very rough time Smiley ppl panicking and selling they coins with a big loss ... they are not a "believers" ... they are treasure hunters Wink

" I believes people should have the right to make choices. " but everyone must to do they own research, before invetsing into something, must to understand how the "crypto coin word working"...

! INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU'RE WILLING AND ABLE TO LOSE !
! INVEST WITH THE UNDERSTANDING , THAT YOU COULD LOSE EVERYTHING !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:30:36 PM

This isn't gambling. If it was gambling, these words/statements would be justified, but not in case of Bitcoin or crypto in general. Fact of the matter is that you only lose when you sell at a loss, because regardless of the price you bought at, you'll still have the same number of coins in your wallet. That's why I also don't really pay attention to the price. I invest for the very long term. I didn't care about the short term value of my coins last year when the price was hovering around $1000, and didn't care about the value when the market hit $20,000, also last year. I see that the value of my holdings grows year after year, and that's the only thing that matters. People need common sense when it comes to avoiding scams, and nothing else. No one needs to babysit the community when it comes to hiding scams. People want to be free to make choices? Then act like an adult and make the right choices. If one can't make right choices, there is a deeper mental problem forming an obstacle.
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:06:31 PM

This won’t be the first and last case filed to question such monopolistic banning of cryptocurrency by google. It is stands as a good example of one right to choose what is best for them and a revolutionary way to say “don’t tell me what is right from wrong”. Time is running to our advantage as the community starting to protest against oppression and dictatorial attitude by the elites.
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:43:10 AM

This isn't gambling. If it was gambling, these words/statements would be justified, but not in case of Bitcoin or crypto in general. Fact of the matter is that you only lose when you sell at a loss, because regardless of the price you bought at, you'll still have the same number of coins in your wallet.

Its not a gambling ... But you can lose you coins in a different ways ... Hacked excanges ... Scammer investment companies ... malware's/spyware's on your computer where you keep your wallet software ... phishing scam's ... armed robbery, for the victim cell phone, wallet, and keys ... CoinThieves No Longer Just an Online Threat ...

... and of course some ppl just can not hold they coins for forever, they might need to feed they family or do a repair on they house, then they must to sell some coins to get cash ... this ppl just can not wait for months till the price going up again, baby need food, broken AC/heather need to be fixed, leak on the roof need to be patched, medical bills, mortgage, car payments need to be paid on time, wife's need new shoes Wink

So keep this in your mind:

Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:41:25 PM

I believe that this is a rational reaction and i completely support this action and i hope he wins so it will set a precedent for the whole world.

I believe that we have to think for our selves before we invest. If one cant  make a good decision regarding ICo investment ( cant take his own responsibility) then google ban will not stop people of losing their money in various scams.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:35:02 PM

I think that Russia is not a country where there is an independent and fair justice. Therefore, I do not really hope for a positive result of this lawsuit. It partially affects the policy of the state with respect to the crypto currency, and therefore the judges, I think, will consult the politicians and the decision will be political. We can not yet say exactly how they relate to the prohibition of advertising ICO on Google, but judging by the fact that in Russia prohibit crypto-currency sites, I think that the decision of the Google office in Russia there is only welcome.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: