Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:03:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why there are less women in crytocurrencies?  (Read 184 times)
isomoyes (OP)

Activity: 327
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:38:44 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 11:52:17 AM by isomoyes

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?
articles : https://goo.gl/zA64GA
priselive

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:59:04 PM

women are also very smart, and they are everywhere you can earn, because to be a trader is not so difficult!
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:54:40 PM

I would imagine that the lack of women as developers in the crypto space is due to the overall lack of female developers. Lots of excellent research has been done about that, so I won't go into it as I can't do it justice.
hatun

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:01:10 PM

women are also very smart, and they are everywhere you can earn, because to be a trader is not so difficult!
It is true that number of women is few in crypto market, yet the number is on the rise. Any investment involves money and risk. Women lack both of this slightly compared to men. Besides, long patience and avoidance of emotion is mandatory here. That's why women are a little bit reluctant to this sector.
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:11:38 PM

Cryptocurrency is different then other papers fiat money, and it's new also! women's are involving various work around the globe but cryptocurrency is like gamble and involve with risk I think maximum numbers of women's are not agree to risky investment but male always involving then female in economical activities so male is more then involve with cryptocurrency trading, women's are away from cryptocurrency.
Rockstar1

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

CoinBro.net, TangleUniverse.com, EthGal.com 4sale

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:52:09 PM

It's because, overall, women are more art-minded than men, who are logical and science-minded. I'm not being sexist. I'm not saying all women are art-minded. I'm saying that, statistically, women are more inclined towards the arts.

You can see it in the sciences. Biology, which is more artsy, has more females in that field. When you get to more technical science fields, like Chemistry and Physics, there are less women. People will argue it's because of sexism and glass ceilings – and I do believe that this plays a role, yes. But mostly, I think it's just because women aren't interested in technical things, in general.

Experts confirmed that women's brains are different and so are men's. Women are more emotional (bad for trading, bad for more technical fields). Men are more in control of their emotions. The wiring in both genders is different brain-wise. You can read more about it in the Stanford paper.

If you're more emotional, you enjoy more feely fields, like art. Whereas if you're more stoic and generally not so into emotions, then you're more technical and would rather be surrounded by objective things.

So, that said, bitcoin, investing, math, trading – that's all technical stuff. And that's why most women don't really enjoy it. Men like it because it's technical. Women would rather do things they enjoy, and the majority of them wouldn't want to sit there staring at charts, thinking about technical stuff with bitcoin, and whatever.

That doesn't mean there aren't women in bitcoin. It just means that most women would probably not want to understand or get into trading it. But, then again, then you have the guys who want to make it hard for women entering bitcoin and anything technical -- those asshats need to die XD

4sale: CoinBro.net, ParadiseCrypto.com, Mine.Asia, INBEX.com, BroClub.com, CoinDepot.org, Elly.net, EthGal.com
goribert

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:41:19 PM

It has always seemed to me that most women have not been particularly enthusiastic in the areas related to technology and finance, because after many years involved in this type of businesses, I have actually met very few colleagues dedicated to these matters. It is true that every day I have seen a greater number of women interested in the subject, but even with this growing interest they still seem to be a rather small percentage of members of this interesting ecosystem.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:49:56 PM

Why does it even matter at all? I find this "issue" or question to be quite stupid. Why are all miners man (not crypto miners), why are there more women in medical area, same damn question. Stop with that "why are less women in (Insert field here)" nonsense. It's because of biology. Lock thread.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:52:01 PM

Females tend to shy away from heavily technical fields including cryptography and cryptocurrencies. This is became men have minds that are better built from STEM related fields. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact, I'm not being sexist. The gender difference is seen across pretty much all STEM subjects, despite efforts to improve the ratio, simply due to the underlying biological differences in interest, motivation, critical thinking etc. Women are better at social jobs, men are better at banging at a keyboard all day.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:05:36 PM

It has always seemed to me that most women have not been particularly enthusiastic in the areas related to technology and finance, because after many years involved in this type of businesses, I have actually met very few colleagues dedicated to these matters. It is true that every day I have seen a greater number of women interested in the subject, but even with this growing interest they still seem to be a rather small percentage of members of this interesting ecosystem.
To me i think that the only reason can be bitcoin is currently use for trading and investoemt purposes, while most of the women speically the household wives do not have any expperience in tradingn they even do not take any interest, therefore i think that we can see less number of women in crypto market.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:11:15 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 09:37:54 PM by gentlemand

Tech noodling and near suicidal levels of risk are domains that men are traditionally more attracted to.

I find the moaning about the lack of women, not directed at the OP, tedious. There's nothing stopping lobsters getting involved, let alone feminoids. It's all there waiting to be learnt and picked up by anyone or anything.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:25:41 PM

Men's nature is more adventurous than women's, so most high-risk jobs are done by men and the financial market is cryptocurrency. In the cryptocurrency market there are very few women involved but I still know there are some women who are very successful in this market, which shows equality in the financial world is huge, just you have good thinking and passion are able to participate and invest in the market.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:48:20 PM

Why do we still care about the users gender ratio? Is it essential to the growth of this industry? Honestly, this makes no sense at all. Given that every person can generally engaged in a such no matter what gender, race, or etc he/she might be. It's like there's a big issue about ratio of men:women when there's literally nothing to argue about.
tokexchain

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:04:25 PM

Haha you guys are funny, there are many women in the crypto and trading communities, but because they do not stand on the rooftops and shout, unlike some of us male crypto dudes, does this mean they do not exist?
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:06:25 PM

That is because most womans in here do not care much about money like mans do. but yes, that is subjetive, we all know that the world is constantly changing and there are a lot of womans in here nowadays.

In fact, just take a look at this forum, it is plenty of them.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:11:16 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

This definetely is not about the level of intelegence , as we know women also are intelegent.
I thin kthat main reason is that cryptos is a gamble sort of and most definitely women see that and this is reason why few women go in to crypto as few women gamble in other areas of life.
Yudam

Activity: 251
Merit: 101

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:13:21 PM

I think most women do not want to take risks on the very fluctuating nature of cryptocurrencies. Unlike men who are more fond of challenges, women are more cautious

MLBBPLG

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:38:14 PM

in my opinion, most people crypto is male because of the pattern of thinking a man is more knowledgeable and resistant to the world of crypto
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:52:08 PM

yes, you are right that men dominate in the crypto world, because of the different nature and character of human beings, and of course, men have more power of thinking and emotional high than women.

but now many women are emerging and influential in the bitcoin world, as well as startups based on the blockchain. so some argue that men dominate the world of crypto is wrong.

many  figures of women take effect in the crypto world, such as elizbeth stark, meltem demiros, galia benartzi, Rhian lewis, elizabeth ploshay.

and in 2017, more than 30 ICO founders are women, and one of the major US exchange (coinbase). has 46%, women employees.

gelukkig08

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:56:43 PM

they dont actually have time for this... especially if they have kids to attend to... mostly married women..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: