Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Bans are NOT bitcoin bans. Learn, educate, help Rise the BTC again.  (Read 137 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ClownSpider (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:18:27 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 06:37:42 PM by ClownSpider

"ICO" means:  Initial Coin Offering.  
It is the sale of an Alternative Crypto Currency offered in exchange for your Bitcoins.  ICOs sell alt coins, NOT bitcoins.
1500 Alt coins exist and counting!  Many are completely pointless with the intention of nothing but profiting off bitcoin!
The gold rush for ICO popularity drove up the price of BTC because everyone needed to buy BTC in order to exchange it for some Alt Coin's Initial Offering Sale.  Because they believe "Blockchain technology" will make pizza faster, beer better, or contracts more secure.  lol

"Blockchain Technology" means:  A continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.
When you hear "Blockchain Technology" will add, improve, or whatever.  It is bullshit.   SQL databases do the same thing already.  So anyone using those words in a serious non-joking manner, is lying to you.  
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/crypto-craze-sees-long-island-iced-tea-rename-as-long-blockchain
Perfect example of Long Island Ice Tea changing it's name to include "Blockchain" made it's stock value go UP, because of bullshit popularity of the scam word.

Bitcoin will go up if people are educated.
If you help educate people on this forum that ICOs are NOT Bitcoin,
and remind people that Google, Facebook are not banning Bitcoin.  They are banning ICOs.
They are banning advertisements that are selling Alternative Crypto Currency in exchange for *your* bitcoins.
These ICOs are becoming so popular they are mostly scammers.  Admit it, you have thought about making your own crypto and selling it.  Your own ICO.
If this Alt coin was so valuable, they would just fork it, or keep it themselves for their fake business solution that makes Long Island Ice Tea taste better, pizza deliver faster, or diplomas more secure.  lol

SQL already exists.
How many of you people even knew what "Blockchain technology" was before I told you?  2 of you?  Yet all 500 of you who will read this want to invest in Bitcoin.  You want bitcoin because it goes up in value.

So help yourself, and the Bitcoin community by teaching people real facts.  Stop noobs with 1 post, 0 merit, from spreading Doomsday lies about BTC dropping to comical numbers and Alt coins going up or replacing BTC.   All the alt coins wish they were BTC, and they all want your BTC.
No other alt coin can by things in retail stores, cars, and they don't have Visa cards, or ATM cards.  Only Bitcoin does.

If you like this post, send me some Merit points so I can brag about my Merit to help me convince people to listen to facts and not noobs.
Also link, share, or quote me with copy paste to spread facts and help educate people so we can Rise up Bitcoin.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:22:12 PM

Crypto world just needs some regulations to bring back trust. I think after that we will soon recover.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
VirusTeam

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

good terms and good earnings, useful article, thanks for the information, it will be useful to know it to beginners)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:16:07 PM

You have actually made some salient points which should be propagated but unfortunately the massive publicity that ICOs have brought to bitcoin makes it difficult to separate the two and that is the reason why when the news broke about Google stopping ICOs, it seems as if its a ban on bitcoin. However, the importance of ICOs can also not be eradicated because one viable source if fresh money coming into bitcoin which then necessitated the continued increase in its price is ICOs, they are the ones that would carry out promotions, adverts, events, interviews, videos on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook awareness to make it known because you can't participate directly, you are forced to get a portion of bitcoin. That's being said, I agree with you that the attention needs to be shifted to people seeing bitcoin for what it is and not a means to acquire unrealistic returns promised by most ICOs.
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:21:56 PM

All of cryptocurrencies are now linked, rightly or wrongly. It does not matter if someone is attracted through bitcoin or some shitcoin, they are then interested in cryptocurrencies and will explore others once they have an openness towards them. There are some positives to the ICO bans but it will mean less people for the whole of crypto, not just ICOs.

ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:23:11 PM

All of cryptocurrencies are now linked, rightly or wrongly. It does not matter if someone is attracted through bitcoin or some shitcoin, they are then interested in cryptocurrencies and will explore others once they have an openness towards them. There are some positives to the ICO bans but it will mean less people for the whole of crypto, not just ICOs.

No sir.   Cryptocurrencies are not linked.  Each is its own separate crypto.
Bitcoin is NOT linked to any other cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is the big boy, the ONLY cryptocurrency you can buy a car with at a dealership.  (check my other posts)
Bitcoin is the only one you can use at retail stores,
The only one you can get a VISA card with that works in ANY store, and ATM machine.

Other coins go up and down in value more or less step with Bitcoin because other alt coins can ONLY be exchanged for other cryptos but not spent on anything except other crypto.

Bitcoin is the only crypto you can spend. 
If not for crypto exchanges, other cryptos could not be used for anything at all except perhaps an online game that it was created for.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:34:11 PM

More people keep saying this or that country or bank banned bitcoin.
No Country has banned bitcoin.
No Bank has banned bitcoin.

Bitcoin still works in Russia, New York, etc.
You cannot buy bitcoin with your credit card (if the bank knows), but you can with your debit card (real money, not borrowed).
The purpose of that is to avoid risk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: