Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I be mining?  (Read 594 times)
LITM (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:19:24 PM

So i recently went out and bought 5 1080Ti's (I know bad time to buy) But i was wondering is would most likely be the most profitable to mine with this setup?

Cause everything im mining right now im only getting 8-10.00 a day off of running the rig 24/7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:23:45 PM

The best way to find out what you need to mine to turn a profit is by going to: https://whattomine.com/

You can select the number of video cards you have there, set in your electricity costs and click "Calculate".

It will tell you which coin & algorithm is the most profitable for your setup.
LITM (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:32:59 PM

Do you think that I jumped in at the wrong time and lost alot of money? Cause at this rate it's gonna be over 3 Years to get what I spent to just break ever?
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:33:11 PM

Thats what it is right now. $10 or less on 6 cards. Whattomine.com will usually only give you the "bigger" coins. There are other sites out there that give you lesser known coins to mine. Im mining something right now with 4 1080's, 1 1070 ti and 1 1080ti and have been averaging about $20 a day.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:33:11 PM

- Dont believe in any online calculator Wink
- READ THIS PLEASE
- If you want to mine the most profitable coin for the moment you are mining, use pools like PROHASHING , zPool or any pool what chooses which coins are most profitable to mine for you at that moment when you are mining Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:43:07 PM

- READ THIS PLEASE
- If you want to mine the most profitable coin for the moment you are mining, use pools like PROHASHING , zPool or any pool what chooses which coins are most profitable to mine for you at that moment when you are mining Smiley
Online calculators are fine, they do what they are programmed to do, give you the spot (Current) profitability of your setup. No one can ever know what the profitability will be like in 2-3-4 months. With your current GPUs, your best bet will be Eth or some other Ethash coin which has some potential, such as Ubiq or Musicoin, do your own research. The forum and various other websites can provide you with enough information. Make sure you also check Whattomine.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:50:09 PM

Do you think that I jumped in at the wrong time and lost alot of money? Cause at this rate it's gonna be over 3 Years to get what I spent to just break ever?

Ya are right.  And more. Ya gotta decrease whattomine calculation by 30% right now also. They are a bit optimistic
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:05:52 PM

At this time the coins are undervalued and the numbers aren't great. You can expect this behaviour from time to time, usually this bounces back in a week or two.

If it's a bad investment I can't really say what the future holds but you can't expect to get a ROI as in previous years. Let's face it, no other traditional business will give you a ROI like crypto has.

If you take a look at the GPU market right now everything is overvalued but still, there is a big market for video cards. Worst case you can sell them and get your money back.

foppertc

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:09:32 PM

Late you started doing mining. The complexity of the network grows every day, and the crypto-currencies are falling in price. At the present moment, mining is not profitable at all.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:13:45 PM

You should be mining nothing and remember that word cause it will save you from yourself ---> nothing.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 07:22:50 PM

- READ THIS PLEASE
Online calculators are fine,

No they are not Smiley
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
None of those online calculators calculating pool luck !
None of those online calculators calculating your stale/rejected or invalid shares !
None of those online calculators able to predict difficulty growth !
None of those online calculators can predict what would be the coin/$ exchanges rates a minutes later, a hour later,  tomorrow, next week,  months later, 6 months later or a year later !

You must to do your own research , pick the coin you are believing, you are seeing a future based on your own research and mine Smiley

Online calculators are misleading newbies , unexperienced users. Then this ppl coming back to this forum and asking the same question  : "WHY MY EARNING IS LESS THAN ALL THOSE ONLINE CALCULATORS TELLING ME"

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
cdh76

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:31:17 PM

Yes I think you did. If you can return your cards for a refund I would do it. The reason I say this is because by the end of third year those gpus will be dirt cheap. Rebuy when things start looking better and afternoon new gpus release. I like you just bought some gpus to mine with and they are arriving this week. I cancelled those orders today.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

Yes I think you did. If you can return your cards for a refund I would do it. The reason I say this is because by the end of third year those gpus will be dirt cheap. Rebuy when things start looking better and afternoon new gpus release. I like you just bought some gpus to mine with and they are arriving this week. I cancelled those orders today.

Right decision. GPU are still overpaid.  Fifty percent may be.
bluecoinX

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

I like to mine the COINS, the roaring machine can give me the sense of security, as if that pile of chips is more than a million lions.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Bulitt

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:46:55 PM

Ive found the pool you choose can make all the difference on whether you turn a profit or not. Its like an inverse graph, the more hashing power you have, the smaller a pool you want to join, but the less power you have you want to find a bigger pool that finds more blocks faster (so your shares actually get rewarded and not orphaned) Do you want a small piece of a very large and frequent pie or do you want a bigger piece of a pie that only comes every few days?
LITM (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:42:21 PM

Well i was gonna start mining ETC but everytime i open the miner it just closes? How do i fix that?
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:03:36 PM

Well i was gonna start mining ETC but everytime i open the miner it just closes? How do i fix that?
what miner ? what os ? whats in your .bat file ?

rig4hodlers

Activity: 938
Merit: 156

KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:24:13 PM

Hello guys, I am mining with 2 RIGs, 6 GPUs RX 570 nitro+radeon each rig. I have dual mining, eth + dcr and its really profitable. We know that eth price is kinda 'sh_t' but we will hold the amount of eth mined. Last months we paid the electricity bill with DCR token. If you know any other more profitable combination, it will be great if you can share it with us.
I get around 160 Mh/s eth and 4900 Mh/s DCR each RIG.
Regards guys.

KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO, just contact me on telegram: @angelfcc - @CriptoGemas_R4H
FutureDigiCoin

Activity: 95
Merit: 22

NEXT exchange -> simple, safe and fast

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:03:08 PM

Go and see everybody's Pool. A real stand up guy with no Blabla, but just doing the work that needs to be done. Low. Mining fee of 3/4%. Enough coins to join. Just look see and enjoy your mining.

You're welcome!

https://discord.gg/Muj24c
LITM (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

what miner ? what os ? whats in your .bat file ?

https://nanopool.org/ The ETC Claymore miner / Windows 10 / Start_only_etc

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool etc-us-east1.nanopool.org:19999, WALLET: 0xe236b97640e4aa1ef547e8b593f7110724219e2f/LITM/litmcsgo@gmail.com PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

What did i do wrong?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: