Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Reasons to hold Bitcoin  (Read 264 times)
mlkvch (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 08:54:50 PM
Merited by Socioman (2), mariam.maryana (1), Kildin11 (1)

Nowadays, many people are scared by the last correction on cryptocurrency market. I understand them but in my opinion there are still a lot of reasons to hold Bitcoin, and I'd like to share with you top 10 of them.

1. Adoption of Bitcoin continues to grow. There are more and more companies that want to accept Bitcoin and work with it.
2. You don't lose money unless you sell.
3. Institutional investors start to invest heavily in cryptocurrencies. (Goldman Sachs-backed mobile Bank Circle acquired Poloniex. Mastercard, New York Life Insurance Company, and CIBC have invested in the Digital Currency Group.
4. It’s still only a small percentage of wise investors pouring money into it (perhaps 10 to 30% of the U.S. population).
5. US legislators are drifting toward a positive stance on the regulation of cryptocurrencies.
6. Selling Bitcoin in it's low is what whales want from you to earn money for them.
7. Currently, there are too many dumpers like Mt Gox and too many FUD news but crypto market always recovers after some dump.
8. US or China aren't interested in banning cryptocurrencies because if they do this, other countries will adopt it and win. Most likely, those governments also want to buy Bitcoin but for lower price.
9. Crypto market gains upright scale graph starting from the third quarter few last years.
10. Bitcoin millionaires became millionaires because they holded it for years, not months.

What are your reasons to hold Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:21:53 PM

Transactions are fast and fees are low. In particular, the transaction fees for largish international (and national) transactions are low and the transfer time is typically about one to two hours. This compares to the multi-day settlement time for international transactions.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
mlkvch (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:18:26 PM

the price of any digital currency are volatile so even the price low or high still we need to save btc and no need for 10 reason but we need to save some here that's why we are here because this is good for that another thing always monitor the news here about crypto and not the 10 reason that you think,Moreover we only buy and sell our coins here so that's the cycle already here

I made this post for those who have concerns about holding or selling. Even you have some reasons why you believe in Bitcoin and hold it.
cyberkuto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:25:56 PM

Nowadays, many people are scared by the last correction on cryptocurrency market. I understand them but in my opinion there are still a lot of reasons to hold Bitcoin, and I'd like to share with you top 10 of them.

1. Adoption of Bitcoin continues to grow. There are more and more companies that want to accept Bitcoin and work with it.
3. Institutional investors start to invest heavily in cryptocurrencies. (Goldman Sachs-backed mobile Bank Circle acquired Poloniex. Mastercard, New York Life Insurance Company, and CIBC have invested in the Digital Currency Group.
4. It’s still only a small percentage of wise investors pouring money into it (perhaps 10 to 30% of the U.S. population).
5. US legislators are drifting toward a positive stance on the regulation of cryptocurrencies.
6. Selling Bitcoin in it's low is what whales want from you to earn money for them.
7. Currently, there are too many dumpers like Mt Gox and too many FUD news but crypto market always recovers after some dump.
8. US or China aren't interested in banning cryptocurrencies because if they do this, other countries will adopt it and win. Most likely, those governments also want to buy Bitcoin but for lower price.
9. Crypto market gains upright scale graph starting from the third quarter few last years.
10. Bitcoin millionaires became millionaires because they holded it for years, not months.

Bitcoin coin is very convenient and trusted by many people.  The value is always on top and easy to understand.
I couldn't imagine bitcoin will disappear after the success from money people. 
CoinsInvest9

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:45:37 PM

All the reasons that you give us really detailed. I completely thank you a lot because as you know that recently the bitcoin value goes down currently which makes me and many others get panic and don’t know how to do,whether holding or selling. I also used to think about the reason for holding bitcoin and my reason is lied in your line 2. You don't lose money unless you sell. I myself try to be more patient and holding bitcoin without any panic. I hope bitcoin market will get recovered soon.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   CEWNOTE  ●  NEWS DECENTRALIZED - EARN ON ARTICLE   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⋐⋐⋐ facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ⋑⋑⋑
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⋐⋐  PRIVATE-SALE | Sep, 4th, 18  ⋑⋑  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Markyway88

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:54:47 PM

I have only one reason why I always hold my bitcoins. Bitcoin for me is the future currency. It will not end up easily, unless the government will push it to remove. I always trust bitcoin no matter how good or bad I received to it. Remember, as long as we believe in anything or anyone, we are always hold on!
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:11:44 AM

Yes, I agree with the 10 reasons. It is also important for me to invest in bitcoin without worrying when the market goes down. I had a steel mentality and I always rely on the top 10 reasons to continue to hold the bitcoin.
This is really true and we need to apply them. Think optimally, investing in the right time will make you more profitable.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:26:39 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 01:08:26 AM by cryptothief

I think this is the key for recent investors. So many people seem to have 'jumped on the bandwagon' in the hope of making a quick profit (not that you can blame them I guess?). I don't believe this was ever the intention of the original creators/investors. Personally I think it was about the freedom of creating and/or being involved in a decentralized currency. It doesn't matter where you are from in the world, there is an increasing tiredness with the control of power, whether it is monetary or information. The recent drop only serves as a reminder of the massive impact it is having throughout the world. A week doesn't go by without Bitcoin hitting the headlines now. It's all about the long game.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:31:25 AM

I hold and trade bitcoin because it is a big help for me to earn funds to supplement my earnings. There are so many ways to earn money online and earning bitcoin would be one of them. I am also amazed by the technology because it is a big help for the businesses. There are still so many people who knows about cryptocurrency but didn't get involved with it so it is advantage for us who are already holding some coins because once it is mass adopted then it would have a greater value. If you are afraid though of the manipulation in the market then you would not last in cryptocurrency world because it is already a given since it is not regulated. What we small fishes can do in the sea dominated by whales is to at least have an idea of how they would swim so that we can follow suit.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
TelevisionLover

Activity: 59
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:45:46 AM

I do not get this statement people use. How is this a perk? One can state if you buy any tangible item and dont use it, and dont sell it, you will not lose its valuation. I understand it cannot be applied to everything, but it seems to be a loosely-chained perk.

Example:

I can buy a car for 20k USD. I wont use it regularly, just keep maintaining it. I wont lose any money because I wont sell. If I do sell, I can just wait 40 years, and my car valuation (as long as I didnt use it too often, and kept it maintained) may increase tremendously.

Another point to make is that there is no guarantee the price of bitcoin will go up when you buy it. It could easily go down.
Thus, why state that you wont lose money unless you sell?

What happens if bitcoin becomes a dud as a currency, just like DTC? And the USD valuation becomes 100USD (not saying that it will), Does it mean that even if you bought your bitcoin at 20k and did not sell it until now, you still havent lost any money because you havent sold at its market price 100USD??

I do not want to sound rude, I just have a hard time getting the point of this statement. It does not seem as a great reason to buy anything. I feel like it would deter possible consumers more than anything.

Am I understanding this statement alright, or am I missing a point?

Please tell me if I am missing something,

TVL
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:06:01 AM

the reason I hold bitcoin.
because bitcoin will continue to increase consistently in the middle of this year, if major markets such as Japan and the United States can sustain growth in each of the regional exchanges and if relatively small markets like India are also undergoing major changes. so I will hold the bitcoin until the price goes up.
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:34:13 AM

my main reasons to hold bitcoin is i believe in the system and in the future of bitcoin. like the rise of the internet, bitcoin will rise and that's why i try to accumulate bitcoins. when bitcoins succeed, i hope i have one bitcoin and with it i have good money when im older and i have a good living in the last years of my life.  Cool Cool Cool
bloom08

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:39:14 AM

Reason why I still hold my bitcoin is that I believe it will still increase and I believe for its future success.
I also trade some for urgent needs..
I wanted to save more than 1 btc to be used with my daily living
Alex_Kidd

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:45:34 AM

Simple reason: digital currencies will be the new internet and the new email. It's the progress. Otherwise we'd still have only newspapers and letters.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:01:26 AM

I want to get the maximum profit as listed in the No. 10. I strongly believe, bitcoin can adjust itself at a higher price in the future later.

EthPokerTeam

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:08:58 AM

Reason 1-10: Value is going to skyrocket on the back of the end of year bull run!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:59:34 AM

This one liner is best guide how to not loose money on Bitcoin and go through all crashes, all problems, all doubts and other things that otherwise would make you sell.
Be smart, Bitcoin in long run is best investment in history of mankind. Not peoplekind, mankind.
thyrone

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:16:57 AM

Bitcoin is the future of money. It's not going anywhere it's here to stay.

What's happening in the market should not be a surprise to anyone.
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:50:06 AM

reason for many people - get rich  Grin Tongue

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:13:24 AM

Here is what I think about this:

1) Yes you are right about this. There was a Japanese company in news recently for sending salary to employees in bitcoins. The company itself is also involved with some crypto related projects.

2) Anyone holding for more than an year will never be in loss. This has never happened in the past.

3) If big investors re investing , it is a boon for crypto. Best thing about these investors is that they got deep pockets to spend huge money and they will never sell due to panic situations. It will result in making prices less volatile.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: