Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:20:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: convert to USDT/TETHER?  (Read 113 times)
helovescrypto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:26:44 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 05:24:06 AM by helovescrypto

I have some positions in VEN, XRP, NEO, DGD etc. Is it a good/dumb idea to convert them into USDT/TETHER during this time? That means I am going to take loss or I hedge risk of further falling? Thanks. Need some suggestions.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:35:53 PM

You must create a portfolio. 1/3 of the portfolio must contain bitcoin and ethereum. 1/3 must contain USDT for crisis times to buy cheap coins. And the last 1/3 must contain altcoins. Dont buy altcoins with your all money.
helovescrypto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:07:48 PM

Thanks. What's good altcoin options to hold now?
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:25:40 PM

I have some positions in VEN, XRP, NEO, DGD etc. Is it a good/dumb idea to convert them into USDT/TETHER during this time? That means I am going to take loss or I hedge risk of further falling? Thanks. Need some suggestions.

During present time, it most probably is dumb idea. Please do remember  it took 3 years for eth to reach where it is now. And in between it went through all the FUD like DAO hack, etc. Things will change, just hodl.
despondency

Activity: 560
Merit: 103

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:29:21 PM

You need to be patient and calmly continue to store your tokens. It all depends on your strategy. I hope you have a strategy or you bought tokens without understanding why you are doing this?

manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:45:15 PM

When you fix a profit in btc, and then expect that it will go down in price, it is quite reasonable to translate into usdt and wait

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:20:13 PM

USDT Tether is a very important altcoin role for my day trading as it is my Crypto stash to prevent or to save my Crypto Assets from loosing it's value when the Crypto Market is dropping.
maybe it's time to use USDT if you want to prefer saving your assets from crypto crisis this time.
It's because almost all altcoins are being paired with Bitcoin and Ethereum, thus, we can't increase our assets if we don't freeze our holdings through USDT or USD.
Taniya1901

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:53:43 PM

If you knew what would happen to the market, in December 2017 you had to convert all your crypto capital into USDT (Tether). Now I think it's too late.)
johniadeluca

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:56:21 PM

If you convert it, you're hedging in a sense as USD is less volatile. However, the tradeoff is essentially what you do with that Tether. Tether has hefty withdrawal fees depending on the exchange you're on, so try to take note of that. Otherwise, it could be an effective hedging method. Possibly try to convert half of your holdings if you're unsure, then decrease holdings accordingly.
GQ_Crypto

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:33:50 AM

It seems to me that it is already pointless to sell everything and translate into USDT. It is easier to wait for the moment when these cryptocurrencies start showing active growth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: