Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet should i send my bounty rewards to?  (Read 225 times)
Ayuluv2001 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:28:46 AM

Dear All,

Currently I have a new MEW, Metamask as well as a Nano Ledger.

i am quite confused that even though I tried to link them up in MEW website, all of them leads to a totally different address.

I need to use a ERC20 wallet address for my bounty rewards hence I am trying to be very careful with this so please pardon me.

A) If I am using MEW wallet address, how can I access it without using private key for MEW?

B) Can I say that MetaMask is a totally different wallet which is not linked to MEW and I can use that metamask Wallet address to receive bounty rewards? And I can transfer all current coins stored in MEW to Metamask and ignore the MEW wallet for life?

C) For the Nano Ledger, I see 4-5 address inside it and does it have any link to the current MEW address which I have when i use MEW website to connect to my Nano Ledger?

D) Which should I use for my bounty rewards?

Thanks so much

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:26:35 AM

Better to keep them in MEW till tokens are not listed on any reputed exchange. Once the exchange is available you can keep those tokens to exchange wallet or may convert them to BTC or any other Alt to store safely in hardware wallet.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:36:37 AM

I would recommend to make a new Ethereum address on MEW every few campaigns. Most bounty managers make public spreadsheets with your mail/username and address, so it's not very secure to keep tokens there for a long time. Once you get the tokens you want to hold, move them to hardware wallet or straight to exchange if you want to sell. MetaMask is also a good choice and you can use it to unlock MEW too.
lythanhbinh

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:58:29 PM

I think you should create a new MEW with Keystore file + your password and use Metamask to login on.

There are some new token which didn't supported by Ledger Nano S.
0RajA0

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:27:41 PM

I would recommend to make a new Ethereum address on MEW every few campaigns. Most bounty managers make public spreadsheets with your mail/username and address, so it's not very secure to keep tokens there for a long time. Once you get the tokens you want to hold, move them to hardware wallet or straight to exchange if you want to sell. MetaMask is also a good choice and you can use it to unlock MEW too.

Is there any connection between e-mail, bitcointalk user name and MEW? So with the help of these details can hack the MEW ?
0RajA0

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:37:19 PM

Dear All,

i am quite confused that even though I tried to link them up in MEW website, all of them leads to a totally different address.

I need to use a ERC20 wallet address for my bounty rewards hence I am trying to be very careful with this so please pardon me.

A) If I am using MEW wallet address, how can I access it without using private key for MEW?

B) Can I say that MetaMask is a totally different wallet which is not linked to MEW and I can use that metamask Wallet address to receive bounty rewards? And I can transfer all current coins stored in MEW to Metamask and ignore the MEW wallet for life?

C) For the Nano Ledger, I see 4-5 address inside it and does it have any link to the current MEW address which I have when i use MEW website to connect to my Nano Ledger?

Thanks so much

Answer for questions from my knowledge

Answer for question "A"

If you don't like to use private key better you can use Metamask extension.

Answer for question "B"

Easily you can import your MEW into Metamask. Just google or search on youtube you will find it. and ofcourse you can transfer all the token from MEW to Metamask but it is not necessary
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:02:58 PM

Is there any connection between e-mail, bitcointalk user name and MEW? So with the help of these details can hack the MEW ?

Not direct connection, but you know how it is - the more hacker know about you the easier is his job. Publicly known address connected with coins amount you have earned and your bitcointalk history is a lot of information.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:56:59 PM

Let me handle your numerous questions in segmented perspective, believing it is the easiest way you get to understand them all.

You can easily access it with your public key (also known as the wallet address). But you won't have the ability to withdraw or convert your coins using only the public key. You will have to provide other security features like the private keys. Just use the first option on the roll if you want to view with the public key.

B) Can I say that MetaMask is a totally different wallet which is not linked to MEW and I can use that metamask Wallet address to receive bounty rewards?
Metamask is a security feature to strengthen the safety of the MEW.

Skip. No sufficient knowledge on this.

In the options you mentioned, MEW should be your pick since it is ERC20 enabled and most bounties as for such wallets.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ayuluv2001 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:46:05 PM

Thanks everyone for your sharing! It really helps me alot

I finally realised that I am able to import my new MEW address to my metamask account which solves the mystery to a need to use metamask address instead (which I am trying not to)

May I also know whether is it possible to amend the wallet address that I had submitted to the bounty? Thanks!
ArteMixer

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:50:38 PM

Dear All,

Thanks so much

I personally keep a MyEtherWallet, on which I keep tokens for all campaigns. It again depends where and with who you work and you might want to make a separate one for each campaign, but I personally sell as they appear on the exchange, don't like risk.
rama666

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:15:07 PM

Thanks everyone for your sharing! It really helps me alot

I finally realised that I am able to import my new MEW address to my metamask account which solves the mystery to a need to use metamask address instead (which I am trying not to)

May I also know whether is it possible to amend the wallet address that I had submitted to the bounty? Thanks!

It is usually enough to ask the manager's bounty to change the address of the wallet. Rarely happens, but still they write in the conditions that a purse for a bounty can not be changed. It is better to just write a request in a branch, and then see if they have changed the wallet or not
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:00:55 PM

This website will help you to check tokens inside your eth wallet
https://ethplorer.io/index
Ayuluv2001 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:37:54 AM

Thanks alot guys i will check with them right away Smiley

right now am changing back to MEW
japfive

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:14:52 AM

I always advice you have Myetherwallet for easy and fast payment so ensure it's closed on metamask
jhon20

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:22:46 AM

My Suggest  use  MyETherwallet.com most safest wallet and secure token only have your private that is popular to all crypto users this legit wallet where you ca exchange token and recieve almost airdrop bounties project that they require for that wallet.       Right now check for that start fund  on MEW wallet.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:04:07 PM

Keep your bounty rewards in MEW wallet and try to exchange them to your bitcoin wallet to make an important profit
Ayuluv2001 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:18:03 AM

Thanks alot all...

Yeah I am using MEW wallet masked with Metamask > finally got it done!

And next is.. do you guys all transfer them and convert them to bitcoin wallet for those bounty / airdrops rewards instead of hodling them?
Shikisha

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:45:52 PM

Almost token today made by ethereum platform and surely you need to save your token to MyEtherWallet or Metamask. I have lot of token which i save in MyEtherWallet and for me it's the best wallet for almost bounty reward.

You can register to MyEtherWallet here : https://www.myetherwallet.com/

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:23:19 PM

Use MEW to receive tokens, send to exchange as they are listed and you don't want to hold onto them.
As you also have a Nano. Use the nano for (compatible) tokens that you want to hold on to for a longer period.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:07:53 PM

No reason to not just use one of your Ledger addresses?
You can login @ myetherwallet using your Ledger, so it's safe as far as private key exposure goes.
And, you should be able to generate as many wallet addresses as you want in the MEW UI once you're 'logged in'.

Here is some useful information on various wallets and safety: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3576100

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: