Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:08:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining is banned due to its great demand for electricity  (Read 158 times)
VCX_Coin (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 06:50:48 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 08:30:12 AM by VCX_Coin

Shocked Shocked
~~~
Mining Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies demands a huge amount of electricity, which is greater than the energy needed for the whole system of electric vehicle in 2015.
Morgan Stanley’ note stated that Bitcoin mining could use more electricity in 2018 than the entire Argentina.

Based on the calculation, electricity needed to mine Bitcoin could be more than is used by the whole system of electric vehicle by 2025. It also said that power for bitcoin mining has already been estimated to use more than 159 countries in 2017.
SlashGear claimed that cryptocurrency-related activities can be seen in Plattsburgh, New York (USA), a small town with low-cost electricity. In order to take advantage of the low-cost electricity, mining cryptocurrenies blooms in this area, soon becoming a threat to the city.

Cryptocurrency mining uses a huge amount of electricity to operate the system days and nights. It poses a threat to the crypto environment. In Plattsburgh, it also does harm to the consumption and electricity price.
Plattsburgh, whose residents are a quick jaunt from the Canadian border, has put an 18-month moratorium on cryptocurrency mining to preserve natural resources, the health of its residents, and the “character and direction” of the city.

#VCX
#VCXCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TelegAda

Activity: 100
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:42:29 AM

Shocked Shocked
~~~
Mining Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies demands a huge amount of electricity, which is greater than the energy needed for the whole system of electric vehicle in 2015.
Morgan Stanley’ note stated that Bitcoin mining could use more electricity in 2018 than the entire Argentina.

Based on the calculation, electricity needed to mine Bitcoin could be more than is used by the whole system of electric vehicle by 2025. It also said that power for bitcoin mining has already been estimated to use more than 159 countries in 2017.
SlashGear claimed that cryptocurrency-related activities can be seen in Plattsburgh, New York (USA), a small town with low-cost electricity. In order to take advantage of the low-cost electricity, mining cryptocurrenies blooms in this area, soon becoming a threat to the city.

Cryptocurrency mining uses a huge amount of electricity to operate the system days and nights. It poses a threat to the crypto environment. In Plattsburgh, it also does harm to the consumption and electricity price.
Plattsburgh, whose residents are a quick jaunt from the Canadian border, has put an 18-month moratorium on cryptocurrency mining to preserve natural resources, the health of its residents, and the “character and direction” of the city.

#VCX
#VCXCoin
Not long song played, and after all so all well began) people fled to buy 500 video cards and now sit have broken trough, and think that to do and who is to blame.

YayProto | DECENTRALIZED MONEY TRANSFER SYSTE
▬▬▬  ●  ●   JOIN OUR PRE-ICO: JAN 22   ●  ●  ▬▬▬
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 08:44:47 AM

This can be true and reasonable for most of the countries where electricity is costly. Mining with advanced hardware has became a energy consuming industry and with such scarce of energy in the world, we cannot sustain a number of energy hungry currencies.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:50:51 AM

It is good trend now that most of the miners are moving to alternative and green energy and some mining companies are also relocating at cold regions with cheap electricity, additionally projects like hydrominer and envion are also well planned to run their miners from renewable energy sources.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:22:34 AM

I don't know when people will start to understand that this electricity demand is what gives BTC its value, when you need a real money BTC is the number one go to money. I think this even make me more bullish on the price because it just shows that with more and increasing energy demand to produce BTC the price is not coming down

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:28:48 AM

However, there will be more alternative energy and green energy in the future, so it is not necessary to worry about this issue.
And the cost of bitcoin mining is rising, supporting the value of bitcoin to some extent.

boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:37:57 AM

Shocked Shocked
~~~

#VCX
#VCXCoin
Bitcoin mining requires a large amount of electricity. Some people even estimate it by a specific number. But with its features promoting the development of other fields especially the level of scientific information. Save time, effort, travel, paper pens in the deal, ... have called expensive?
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:38:01 AM

I don't know when people will start to understand that this electricity demand is what gives BTC its value, when you need a real money BTC is the number one go to money. I think this even make me more bullish on the price because it just shows that with more and increasing energy demand to produce BTC the price is not coming down

The amount of electricity needed to mine can set up the starting price of BTC. The rest of the value is set by the demand of the market. While BTC is still profitable for miners means that there is a big demand for this coin.

kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:42:03 AM

It is fact that for mining the electricity is issue and the miners are trying to start other businesses instead of mining and i know that for the mining so bitcoin a high consumption of electricity is required and this currency is playing a vital role in the online payments and the online dealing while the funds transfer is also a good feature of this currency.

Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:42:19 AM

There's no doubt as to how much energy is needed to mine bitcoin. But in subsequent times and in the future, miners will move to regions where energy is cheaper or regions where energy consumption is lower than production. And also green energy will be considered for mining. There won't be total ban of crypto mining in general as per high energy required for it instead , there will be migration of the miners to regions like Iceland
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:46:00 AM

This issue with electricity consumption is really hitting bad on bitcoin. I recently read that Russian presents a good place for miners. There is cold temperature n the cost of electricity is also cheap there. Maybe this power issues will drive miners to colder parts of the world.

https://cryptotvplus.com
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:01:18 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 03:47:36 PM by GoldenLad

In my own opinion, I don't think much people are using electricity to mine bitcoin lately because they are now making use of the solar energy . I believe one of the many reasons why most countries governments are frowning on bitcoin is because of the high consumption of electricity used in mining it. In most countries, electricity being provided for the people are not enough compared to countries that have few population with plenty of available electricity.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:53:31 AM

How can they ban bitcoin mining? It's not like an electric company can magically tell what the electricity is being used for on a computer.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:58:00 AM

At present, electricity is a major problem as far as bitcoin mining is concerned, in addition to that you have invest a reasonable amount of money to buy hardware.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:00:29 PM

But in many countries where electricity is cheaper are not banned right,my country producing electrical energy through nuclear power plants so the availability of electricity is vast in my country and it is much cheaper too.So they didn't take any action on the miners so other countries should make more electricity by new ways rather than banning the stuffs which is usable for their citizen it is nit only for mining they also habe the future plans to produce more electricity for more development in their country.
Shaminyue

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:07:23 PM

My country doesn't support cryptocurrency also. Many people place mining machine in their house or factory and try to find the reason for the increase of electricity consumption. However, I saw there are some coins that allow us to mine without computer. We just need to purchase a required amount of that coin and start our mining. I bought some in the past and can earn a lot from these coins.
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:10:22 PM

I don't think the power station owners give a mind who and how are spending their electricity. If the users can pay for it then there are no problems as I see.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

I don't think the power station owners give a mind who and how are spending their electricity. If the users can pay for it then there are no problems as I see.
They don't give a damn so long as their transformers can handle it in an area, they don't mind if users are using a lot of electricity but it is a different case when they use too much as transformers cannot handle it(that is mostly the case for large scale miners). Nevertheless, they still won't give a damn so long as the miner doesn't bring harm to their equipment at all and given that there is always enough electricity to power up the whole city.
Wilsonong222

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:29:17 PM

Shocked Shocked
~~~

#VCX
#VCXCoin

I don’t have issue banning the large scale bitcoin miners. This is because only a small group of people get the advantage while those small players are left behind. If you look at the situation it is really disturbing that bitcoin mining consumed large amount of energy. Maybe the good thing that government must do is regulated the large scale miner control the negative effects in the stakeholders.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    PRE-ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
nikaPetro

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:34:14 PM

It is necessary to do some cities specifically for mining,that would not harm the environment and people around them,and it is already fires from mining arise is certainly bad.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: