Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have Venmo Need Btc  (Read 155 times)
balotelli (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 104

Why Always Me,.

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

Have $900 Venmo need Btc.
Go first with trust member ((or escrow)).
Thank you.

What Was Your Reason On Earth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:52:07 AM

Risky. Venmo is just as volatile and reversible as PayPal.

I suggest you offer another payment method. Venmo will be reversed if Venmo finds out the transaction involved bitcoins or if the sender maliciously discloses that information to Venmo. Escrowing or sending Venmo first to anyone, trusted or otherwise, offers no protection. You can dispute and reverse the payment after getting the coins. Totally unsafe.

balotelli (OP)

Why Always Me,.

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:09:38 AM

I suggest you offer another payment method. Venmo will be reversed if Venmo finds out the transaction involved bitcoins or if the sender maliciously discloses that information to Venmo. Escrowing or sending Venmo first to anyone, trusted or otherwise, offers no protection. You can dispute and reverse the payment after getting the coins. Totally unsafe.

thank u. finding another payment...

balotelli (OP)

Why Always Me,.

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:03:45 PM

$900 venmo available now.

bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:02:01 PM

thank u. finding another payment...

$900 venmo available now.

Well done. Glad to see that you're mindful of advice.

On a side note, I'm not entirely sure if Venmo and PayPal are reversible in that specific way. Yes, they are very reversible and are used quite often to scam, but I've actually never witnessed cases like these to be certain and the fact that PayPal simply outlines against it in their ToS isn't much of an indication towards if sellers can really just send in a ticket saying "These funds were used to buy bitcoin!" and get all their money back. After all, the sellers are just as at fault as the buyer (supplying the bitcoins in this case) is, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the confident conclusion has been reached and discussed, but I feel like people have a tendency to repeat what others say on the Internet with the slightest confidence.

But again - PayPal and thus Venmo are highly reversible in case anyone is reading this reply and getting ideas otherwise. I'm just curious to see if the cliche response is completely true - that sellers can whine to PayPal that they themselves bought bitcoin and get their money back if it's against PayPal's ToS.
Rambotnic

Activity: 350
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:14:48 PM

Nothing personal but Venmo is easiest for chargeback than paypal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: