Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardly any 'bubble' talk this time  (Read 4926 times)
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:24:32 AM

That's because there is hardly any bubble this time. Last time it $10 to $260 in relatively short time period. Price should be at least at $500 before we can even began to talk about bubble.

I think this is not true...

We had a jump $140 to $200 in about 24 hours, and then another jump again $200 to $260 (and back to $60) in another 24 hours. It was definitely much slower in the weeks and months before that. Now we moved $155 to $195 in about 24 hours, that is definitely not normal growth. The only moments bitcoin had this growth EVER was during the bubbles. (excluding dead cat bounce after a massive crash)

If you compare side by side the April bubble with the current one, you can clearly see where we are. This speed of growth $140 to $200 is pretty much the same as the part of the previous bubble from $60 to $120. What happened next was a mad jump doubling again $120 to $240 in . If this is any similar we can see price skyrocket to over $300 or $350 in the next couple days, then badly crash, probably to $100 or so.

I suppose, if price is rising $200 to $250 in more than a week or so, then we are almost safe, and the bubble may touch $500 as you say, but that is when it burst, not when we "begin to talk about bubble", as we are just in the middle of one.

+1

Society doesn't scale.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:34:10 AM

I do say we're in bubble. But nobody seems to listen or care. Too much frenzy here.

Yes, we might go up to 300 but only to pop much lower.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:57:59 AM

The bubble is just beginning.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:23:26 AM

i used to be bubble babbler in the last bubble, i've learnt my lesson

what lesson?

Their is no bubble
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:27:39 AM

I do say we're in bubble. But nobody seems to listen or care. Too much frenzy here.

I believe most here realize it is bubble. All you need is look how fast the price is rising last days, you dont need to know anything else.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Corelianer

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:00:13 AM

I believe most here realize it is bubble. All you need is look how fast the price is rising last days, you dont need to know anything else.

The problem is that there are no good short-selling options with Bitcoin...
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:02:13 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 11:43:34 AM by 600watt

we are in the midst of the mother of all bubbles:

the almighty fiat bubble.

in past centuries, when banknotes were invented, people were always wondering if that paper was backed by enough gold. we don´t have this problem currently. our problem is that there isn't even enough paper to print all the money in account.  Roll Eyes

edit: italics
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:22:16 AM

we are in the midst of the mother of all bubbles:

the almighty fiat bubble.

in past centuries, when banknotes were invented, people were always wondering if that paper was backed by enough gold. we don´t have this problem currently. our problem is that there isn't even enough paper to print all the money in account.  Roll Eyes

word
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 09:59:04 AM

That's a nice formulation, I'll try to remember it for discussions. Wink

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

Good formulation indeed, I'll remember it. LOL

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 10:43:30 AM

600watt, you've just created a future classic citation!

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:13:22 AM

Ok, you asked for it!

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:44:12 AM

600watt, you've just created a future classic citation!

edit: what i meant is that there isn´t enough paper money "backing" the money in account.  Smiley
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 11:50:16 AM

Actually, the other meaning, that there is not enough paper to print all the money stored electronically on all accounts might equally hold true.  Shocked

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:02:59 PM

Bitfinex might not be perfect, but it allows for short selling. Last I checked, the borrowing rate was as low as 3%. If people think it's a bubble, they certainly aren't willing to bet on it.
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 01:04:41 PM

People would talk about the bubble when bubble comes, then everyone would go crazy and panic sell creating even more bubble....

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:59:33 PM

it's gonna burst, and it's gonna hurt like fuck, but I guess what we'll do is hold anyway given that it's impossible to know when the bursting will come.

and I figure it will only drop to about 120 then bounce to 150

Society doesn't scale.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:20:16 PM

Bitfinex might not be perfect, but it allows for short selling. Last I checked, the borrowing rate was as low as 3%. If people think it's a bubble, they certainly aren't willing to bet on it.

As soon as there are short sellers the rally will have bigger legs as short covering will add fuel to the fire multiplied by leverage.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:53:25 PM

That's because there is hardly any bubble this time. Last time it $10 to $260 in relatively short time period. Price should be at least at $500 before we can even began to talk about bubble.

I think this is not true...

We had a jump $140 to $200 in about 24 hours, and then another jump again $200 to $260 (and back to $60) in another 24 hours. It was definitely much slower in the weeks and months before that. Now we moved $155 to $195 in about 24 hours, that is definitely not normal growth. The only moments bitcoin had this growth EVER was during the bubbles. (excluding dead cat bounce after a massive crash)

If you compare side by side the April bubble with the current one, you can clearly see where we are. This speed of growth $140 to $200 is pretty much the same as the part of the previous bubble from $60 to $120. What happened next was a mad jump doubling again $120 to $240 in . If this is any similar we can see price skyrocket to over $300 or $350 in the next couple days, then badly crash, probably to $100 or so.
I suppose, if price is rising $200 to $250 in more than a week or so, then we are almost safe, and the bubble may touch $500 as you say, but that is when it burst, not when we "begin to talk about bubble", as we are just in the middle of one.

The fact that "badly crash" now means $100, to me says that we are definitely NOT in a bubble. If the lows in each cycle are constantly higher than the lows of the previous cycle, then we are still in a long-term up trend. What we are seeing is high volatility within an established up trend. A bubble would be if BTC crashed and then kept going down.
geofflosophy

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:23:30 PM

I think the "bubbling" is not neccessarily the amount of price increase but what can be seen in the bid depth and the lack of capitulation moves and tested support levels. It is just nonstop buying (hence 'overbought') and way up in the bollinger band. Just think with a $60 movement, $700M market cap has been added. Has $700M been invested?

This point can't be overstated. I think that we're due for a correction downward, at least to test these new gains. There will be a buy opp in the $130-$150 range. But blink and you'll miss it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: