Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to setup Ethereum and Bitcoin hosted wallets?  (Read 130 times)
jammy99 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:22:48 AM

Can anyone point me to a URL or youtube video where setting up hosted wallet is describe in easy way?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sellingaccs

Activity: 126
Merit: 50

Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:29:18 AM

What do you mean by a "hosted wallet"? You will have to explain your question much better if you wish to get any real and contributing replies.
Is this related somehow to your thread titled working with balance management in a game?
If that is the case, you would need to have programming experience as well as script communicating with the coin daemons.

You'd better hire someone to do that for you, since it seems to me as in you are not very experienced on how those cryptocurrencies work. Bitcoin uses RPC calls, and i assume that Ethereum does as well. For deposits the script should know how to request daemon with getnewaddress (for bitcoin, ethereum does not use same calls) and then report it all the way back to the backend of your site.

jammy99 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:14:56 AM

With a hosted wallet, a third party knows your private keys and doesn't reveal them to you, but the company will send, receive, and store bitcoins on your behalf (not unlike a traditional bank, which stores your cash in a vault and won't give you the keys to open it).

This is what i want  to setup into my server,

podrick17

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:54:11 PM

Can anyone point me to a URL or youtube video where setting up hosted wallet is describe in easy way?

try myetherwallet.com for ERC20 wallet, actually you don't need a video tutorial for that just read what's inside and you can easily make a wallet in just a few minutes Smiley

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:38:46 AM

With a hosted wallet, a third party knows your private keys and doesn't reveal them to you, but the company will send, receive, and store bitcoins on your behalf (not unlike a traditional bank, which stores your cash in a vault and won't give you the keys to open it).

So you means the exchange wallet?

Exchange wallets keep your private key on behalf oof you and they do the actions as you want like traditional banking system but we can't say exchange as an wallet,wallet means you are owning it and you have the full accessibility to it so private key is essential for an wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
jammy99 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:07:42 PM

So you means the exchange wallet?

Exchange wallets keep your private key on behalf oof you and they do the actions as you want like traditional banking system but we can't say exchange as an wallet,wallet means you are owning it and you have the full accessibility to it so private key is essential for an wallet.

Yes i agree with your words, I used incorrect word WALLET. But how is it possible to setup exchange type addresses without any private key for ETH?
Sellingaccs

Activity: 126
Merit: 50

Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:59:51 AM

Yes i agree with your words, I used incorrect word WALLET. But how is it possible to setup exchange type addresses without any private key for ETH?

They always need to be in posession of the addresses, and deleting private keys completely makes no sense.
Im sure the exchange has the private key, but they don't usually hand those out to customers. If you mean something like bitpay, they do generate the addresses for you and handle the payment and deposit FIAT to your bank account. Coin payments and services like that allow you to accept different cryptos with easy and i guess to exchange all the income for bitcoin or choisen coin. They handle most of the payment technical side.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: