Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can Putin's victory in the presidential election affect the price of bitcoin?
Yes - 2 (18.2%)
No - 9 (81.8%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Putin's victory in the presidential election affect the price of bitcoin?  (Read 245 times)
Nadirbil (OP)

Activity: 219
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:33:38 AM

Can Putin's victory in the presidential election affect the price of bitcoin?
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:44:04 AM

We are not going to discuss all the political aspects of Putin's elections. The price of bitcoin can not depend on any elections there. The rate of bitcoin is determined by very different factors. The election of Putin or Satina cannot influence the supply and demand for the cryptocurrency market.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:50:15 AM

I dont know if it will really affect the value of bitcoin since Putin does not make an announcement of his support on bitcoin. Thus there is no relation between Putin's candidacy and bitcoin. If only Putin made a good statement towards bitcoin and that he will declare that he will make sure that Russia will accept and use bitcoin then its value will probably by now in a bullish way.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

no, because it is so irrelevant on so many levels Cheesy

first of all what one country does about bitcoin doesn't change much about its price specially when it is negative because people will only pay attention to it temporarily before they go back to their investing in bitcoin.

secondly Putin has never been for or against bitcoin completely. he has said a bunch of stuff about bitcoin but never something that needs that much attention.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:03:22 PM

It will if he supports a Russian crypto-currency. He may decide to support Bitcoin mining as well. He has already moved the Ruble away from the Rothschilds, and oil away from the Petro-dollar. The false accusations about the murders by Russia, may also colour his opinions.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:16:53 PM

hell, I doubt.
even the whole g20 statements did not change anything critically
so because Putin never said that he a supporter of BTC - his victory does not matter for cryptoworld, imho
cause more important what China, Korea or Japan governments will say about BTC
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:45:38 PM

I think that this will not affect anything because there is still no legalization in Russia and the question still remains open
Nadirbil (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

I think that this will not affect anything because there is still no legalization in Russia and the question still remains open

Many thinks are not legal in Russia but they have very good development
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:58:11 PM

If affected, it had a positive effect. I think this price increase we're seeing now is just a correction as I predicted, but it may have had some influence. Putin can be an early adopter. lol
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:37:23 PM

If Putin wins the presidential election and he consistently supports bitcoin then his influence will greatly affect the bitcoin price increase because it may be the first country to legalize bitcoin as a legal means of transactions in a country even though the decision will reap protests later and bitcoin will increasingly strong from the news.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:43:48 PM

Putin's victory in the elections should have a positive effect on the price of bitcoin, if it has any effect at all.

Russia under Putin is a major world power which exists outside the control of central banks. Does anyone remember during the 2017 US elections when Hillary Clinton and other american politicians were calling for a war with russia? Also in 2017, it is possible there was at least one attempt made on Putin's life where his driver was killed in a head on collision. Now, if you remember a little more, you might recall that Putin(see: russia) warned the united states about the Tsarnaev Brothers (Boston Marathon Bombers) being radicalized in advance.

So why are we imposing sanctions against russia, again?

It is possible pressure against russia (as well as anti russian sentiment) comes from central bankers who wish to overthrow Putin and establish their own puppet leader in the country, as they have all over the world. If Putin is re-elected it means that Putin is likely to embrace alternative financial and banking technologies like bitcoin, rather than fiat currencies the way a puppet leader would, which would drive the value and price of bitcoin higher.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:53:57 PM

Putin's victory in the elections should have a positive effect on the price of bitcoin, if it has any effect at all.

Russia under Putin is a major world power which exists outside the control of central banks. Does anyone remember during the 2017 US elections when Hillary Clinton and other american politicians were calling for a war with russia? Also in 2017, it is possible there was at least one attempt made on Putin's life where his driver was killed in a head on collision. Now, if you remember a little more, you might recall that Putin(see: russia) warned the united states about the Tsarnaev Brothers (Boston Marathon Bombers) being radicalized in advance.

Why? 
Maybe because of killing innocent people in Ukraine, the occupation of the sovereign country and basically killing the closest nationality neighbors they have ?

Maybe because they are constantly expanding their digital war on Europe , trying to split EU ?

Maybe because they are helping one of the cruelest and most barbarous dictators - Assad to kill and cripple innocent civilians in Syria?

Remeber this next time you ask stupid rhetorical or non rhetorical questions about Russian sanctions.

To answer original OP, no it does not matter and there was no election only illusion of it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Nadirbil (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:56:21 PM

If Putin wins the presidential election and he consistently supports bitcoin then his influence will greatly affect the bitcoin price increase because it may be the first country to legalize bitcoin as a legal means of transactions in a country even though the decision will reap protests later and bitcoin will increasingly strong from the news.
I live in Russia and I'm not a politician. I testify that the election was fair.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:58:49 PM

Putin's victory in the presidential election is not going to directly affect the price because he is not related with anything to bitcoin or cryptocurrency. The only way this could affect bitcoin price is if Putin is going to have a problem with bitcoin or maybe like it and do something to harm or help it. But I never heard Putin saying anything about bitcoin so I dont think it is going to affect the price in any way.
Nadirbil (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:59:27 PM

Why? 
Maybe because of killing innocent people in Ukraine, the occupation of the sovereign country and basically killing the closest nationality neighbors they have ?

Maybe because they are constantly expanding their digital war on Europe , trying to split EU ?

Maybe because they are helping one of the cruelest and most barbarous dictators - Assad to kill and cripple innocent civilians in Syria?

Remeber this next time you ask stupid rhetorical or non rhetorical questions about Russian sanctions.

To answer original OP, no it does not matter and there was no election only illusion of it.

You should see not only CNN))))
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:41:31 PM

Putin's victory in the presidential elections in Russia will not affect the course of bitcoins and crypto-currencies in general. If Putin explicitly declared about his full support of the crypto currency or vice versa, intended to completely ban it, then perhaps this would have mattered for the course of bitcoins and crypto-currencies. He said a lot, but his position on the subject of crypto-currency is very vague. But for Russia and its citizens, the results of these elections are not good, I think, they will not bring.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:43:51 PM

Why would it? It's as guaranteed as the sun coming up in the morning.

Also I think people have long since stopped giving a shit what Russia will do when it comes to crypto. Those pricks directly contradict each other approximately every ten minutes. Russia is nowhere in this space other than crime.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:24:03 PM

if Putin decides to support the bitcoin then it will make a tremendous difference because whether we want to admit it or not Russia is a major world player , whether they are doing it directly or indirectly they can certainly influence the rise or fall of this cryptocurrency.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:27:34 PM

Is the presidential election over and i am sure he will be winning again,he is a real powerful person in the world and i have not seen any crack head policy from him than the rest of the politicians around the world,i am not sure what his position against cryptocurrency is ,so it is very hard to tell whether it will have an impact right now,if there is any negative news,the price is going to come down,other than that it is fine.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:37:12 PM

I do not know Putin's influence on Bitcoin, but Russian people seem to be very interested in crypto moneys. Russia can be called a motherland especially for Etherum, which will be affected more by Etherum and Etherum Classic than by Bitcoin.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███