Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter, fb, and google prepares to ban crypto ads????  (Read 295 times)
tosindesign

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:26:06 PM

if google , facebook, twitter finally ban crytocurrency advert . there is still way out . bounty and airdrop will stop temporary. after while there will be another way to adverts cryto .there are social/search engine that are ready to replace facebook,twitter and google.they will loose value and other crypto media will emerge
epidose

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:37:53 PM

I read in the news that twitter, facebook, and google prepares to ban crypto ads in two weeks time. The said banning of crypto ads will prohibit initial coin offerings (ICO's), cryto wallets and token sales. What will happen to the bounty campaigns like fb and twitter? Will it be stopped??

This is absolutely necessary.  Too many people that want something for doing nothing came out of their holes and had a feast on so many people in this field.  They are doing the naive a huge favor. Most of the world will never understand this tech.  Look at anyone on Twitter with any sort of weight in this space.  They are bombarded with hundreds of tweets giving away “free”coins.  Honestly I think that if your that dumb maybe one should take that lesson the hard way.  I tell one thing the government does and they think it helps us.  Regulation!  People have to learn the hard way.  Do as I say not as I do never will and never has worked. That’s not how this works.  And with all the corruption our government is involved in its no wonder the citizens are following suit.  It’s the lead by example that works.  Then to top it off these same individuals are the law makers to boot.  Boy is this world in for a massive shit show one day!

I couldn't agree more with you, I wrote this in one of the other threads already too, but I'm curious about some thoughts here, as I don't see this as inherently bad. Ultimately, if we want bitcoin, alts and cryptos, in general, to become more mainstream and continue to grow then we definitely need a form of regulation (as much as that may counter argue the decentralized system itself) and a way to curb scammers.

Keep in mind that every person who gets scammed will voice their opinion as loud, if not louder, regarding why everyone they know should avoid bitcoin, etc.

I actually don't see this as a bad thing; when I was discussing this with friends and family over the holidays, I had to encourage people to avoid investing before they did a lot of research (not only on the coin/project, but the platform/exchange itself). It would be a good thing for our community if we could create a safer (and easier) way for people to invest into the projects we know and back.

This about general stock investments; anyone can walk into a bank, fill out a form and begin trading and investing. If investing in cryptos was as easy (and safe, in that you won't get scammed through a bank), then some of those same people may shift their investments to "our world", so to speak.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't see this as inherently a bad thing. Definitely a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but maybe it has to be done in order to curb the growing appeal of scammers. I'm very sure that well established projects and exchanges, as well as major coins will shortly continue to find a way to advertise. Likely, Google and the rest will also create a sort of internal advisory board to approve/deny up and coming projects that wish to advertise. Keep in mind that Google makes a ton of revenue through their advertisement platform, it's not in their best interest (either) to completely shut the door on such a lucrative and up and coming market.

just my 2 cents.
jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:51:56 PM

I read in the news that twitter, facebook, and google prepares to ban crypto ads in two weeks time. The said banning of crypto ads will prohibit initial coin offerings (ICO's), cryto wallets and token sales. What will happen to the bounty campaigns like fb and twitter? Will it be stopped??
I think this is not possible because there are currently Facebook and TW campaigns so they will not ban the commercials on the Crypto market, but on google and other forums, they may. These ads will not be allowed to affect the market because there is a substantial virtual currency market.
George Khelashvili

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

I cant understand why why are doing this, but I think after 1 year, everything will changed
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:59:42 PM

If you carefully read this news, then you should know that no one can forbid you to do "like" and "repost" on your wall, some kind of ICO project. There will be no illegal and pop-up advertising everywhere. Nothing terrible has happened, the awards of the company will only advance their projects with the help of the community.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
qqwx
Copper Member

Activity: 465
Merit: 14

https://bit.ly/2ULYQsr-Bounty-Telegrm- @qqwx11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:00:53 PM

Maybe it will not effect on ICO. They just ban for crypto ads. Not more than.
Anything can not be affect on crypto, maximum it can be price up and down, thats it.
So, wait and see.

Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:05:14 PM

everyone asks why facebook, twitter and google do it all, and i assume this is strange but this is a business that everyone knows with many ico projects that use social media may not be of much use to them,
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

From my understanding, Facebook and Google has decided on this matter already and they published a timeline on when this ban will take effect, I am not sure with Twitter if they finalized when this ban will start or if they will also join the ranks of Facebook and Google not to support Cryptos. But even if this 3 social media sites close their doors to Cryptos, Cryptos will continue to evolve and will find its way to peoples email, messengers and other forms of communication. Facebook, Google, and Twitter are just another social media sites. They are not the only social media site available in the web.
bakso.super

Activity: 179

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

just read this arctile https://steemit.com/community/@charles1/google-joins-facebook-fud-to-ban-all-ads-related-to-cryptos-and-why-this-is-good-for-crypto-lovers and I am more optimistic about cryptocurrency
tigan_gangmei

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:20:32 PM

Yes, that's great news. Cryptocurrency was created to be a 'currency', not some investment asset. Now, the real people interested in blockchain and cryptocurrency will hold and stay. We don't need millionaires and billionaires to invest and rock the market. Just some honest few is enough for the crypto world! Thank you.

Tigan_Gangmei
Sadum

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:37:15 PM

I see this situation very seriously because Google, Facebook or Twitter is the Media I use today to advertise Bitcoin or other crypto currencies. the question is why is this happening? The real thing here is that they are afraid that their popularity will be tarnished by fraudsters advertising crypto currency with the intention of deceiving Social Media users through Ads that give free Coin in their Media so they are worried about the big bad effects! Stop and Go from here SCAMMER ....

▐░▒ Thaler Token ▒░▌
【 A Foundation For The Mass Adoption Of Crypto 】 (https://www.thalertoken.com/)
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:40:38 PM

I'm not too surprised with this information, Twitter may have been under tremendous pressure from Facebook's earlier move. Twitter is preparing to revise its advertising policies, and perhaps the ban will be made globally. But according to the information I know, the ban will not be too strict and there may be some exceptions. And I think we can still post about cryptocurrency, maybe they just ban the paid ads like facebook
Ruffian14

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

They need to think this first wisely because I think that twitter,facebook and google are somehow paid by these bounty campaigns through their paid ads so basically they have profits too in these cryptocurrency ads. I don't think that they will easily ban all those bounty campaigns from using their app because it will affect their income too. In some point, like the other said here that banning these kind of ads is a must in social medias like twitter and facebook because some people are using it in the wrong way.

Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

First, Facebook has already banned the ads of all types of ICO on its network, and Google will do the same from June 16th. Twitter will not ban everything, the ban will have exceptions, which means that legitimate businesses will be able to advertise their products and services.  Smiley

monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:06:59 PM

I think it is not completely ban but some regulations are possible in the crypto platform and Google regulation are executed in July. But Facebook already announced the ban in crypto advertisement but Twitter is impossible because all the peoples are matured person so some issues are possible in twitter regulation. I don't believe these kind of crypto advertisements because I am always analyse the road map and white paper.

WesternCowboyBibop

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:18:59 PM

This situation is quite interested. All popular add systems are united against crypto communicaty. More interesting things are that these compaines are based on internet companies. Actually they should support good projects.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:25:47 PM

I am not too concerned about the prohibition of some of these social media services because any such ban will not have too much effect on bitcoin price movements because the ones that determine the bitcoin price are real users themselves and now many smart bitcoin users have responded various issues. Do not worry about negative things like this news because it is a good thing for the future of bitcoin and the technology it uses.
m300t200

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:28:41 PM

This is great news, actually. Google, Facebook, and Twitter are shooting themselves in the foot. They will lose more by this ban than crypto. After all, there are many other ad networks and social sites, which aren't that overcrowded yet. I see this as a huge chance for crypto ad networks and social media to expand.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1558

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:34:00 PM

I don’t know what will happen but what is pretty clear is that there are too many coins and too many ICO’s. Most coins future value is 0, apart from 4 or 5 at most, and if you look at their capitalizations nowadays you can see a lot of speculative money put there with no grounds.

DAOfan

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:45:06 AM

I think all these companies are banning crypto ads for different reasons. Facebook and Twitter are doing it for political reasons. They don't want to be blamed when people inevitably get scammed. I think they are also afraid of the government and banks and are giving into pressure from those sources.

Google however I think is planning on coming out with its own cryptocurrency. They are banning ads to reduce competition and to try to make sure only their crypto gets all that great ad space. You can hold me to my crazy prediction.

In reality none of these companies should ban crypto ads that are following SEC guidelines.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: