Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OGNASTY now Guilty of trademark infringement.. When will this punk stop?  (Read 878 times)
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:13:38 PM

I have searched for these trademarks on both www.tmdn.org and tmsearch.uspto.gov and it seems pretty clear that neither bitcoinpenny nor nastypenny are registered trademarks and there is not even an application for a trademark. I know how an application for trademark looks like on these search websites and there is none of those.

To me it seems that penny is such a common word that nobody can claim owning all possible <word>penny combinations like Bitcoinpenny seems to claim to own. To me it looks like this is an issue that is possible to have differing opinions and who is right can only be settled in court if somebody wants to take it that far but I would not hold my breath since nobody has spent even a much smaller amount of money to file for the trademark.

You don't necessarily need to register a trademark to claim copyright. ''Merely using a trademark in the marketplace confers rights, such as prohibiting people from copying it in order to create confusion among consumers.''

However trademark infringements only happen when there is confusion in the market. I don't think BitcoinPenny is famous enough for NastyPenny to cause any confusion.

''In order to serve as a trademark, a mark must be distinctive -- that is, it must be capable of identifying the source of a particular good. In determining whether a mark is distinctive, the courts group marks into four categories, based on the relationship between the mark and the underlying product: (1) arbitrary or fanciful, (2) suggestive, (3) descriptive, or (4) generic. Because the marks in each of these categories vary with respect to their distinctiveness, the requirements for, and degree of, legal protection afforded a particular trademark will depend upon which category it falls within.''

BitcoinPenny would fall into category 4, generic. Like a business called ''computers'' or ''shoes''

Generic marks are entitled to no protection under trademark law. Thus, a manufacturer selling "Computer" brand computers would have no exclusive right to use that term with respect to that product. Generic terms are not protected by trademark law because they are simply too useful for identifying a particular product.

I believe we can conclude that OGNasty is not guilty of any trademark infringements.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:54:52 AM

Too many threads in Trading Discussion sub about OgNasty, I know him from previous and never saw anyone challanging him so much as i see these days.
These threads omen something bad  Sad
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:08:51 AM
Merited by snakey (1)

Too many threads in Trading Discussion sub about OgNasty, I know him from previous and never saw anyone challanging him so much as i see these days.

The reasoning behind it is OG's absolute persecution complex and vindictive behavior.  He has a huge amount of power over the trust system and people are scared to act out, I have had numerous contacts from people thanking me for speaking out and taking the retaliatory negs that he rains down, he freely admits to hitting out with negs against anyone who speaks out against him.

it is blatantly clear that his business is a ponzi - buy asking people who want more return on their investment to bring more funds in. It is also clear that by selling loaded coins when he isn't licensed to do so he is showing no regard for US law. The bloke is a special character who never seems to believe he does anything wrong, he must be from Mars like Lauda if you ask me as every single human on this planet has made a mistake or two in life, well other than OG that is..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:22:28 AM

The reasoning behind it is OG's absolute persecution complex and vindictive behavior.  He has a huge amount of power over the trust system and people are scared to act out, I have had numerous contacts from people thanking me for speaking out and taking the retaliatory negs that he rains down, he freely admits to hitting out with negs against anyone who speaks out against him.

it is blatantly clear that his business is a ponzi - buy asking people who want more return on their investment to bring more funds in. It is also clear that by selling loaded coins when he isn't licensed to do so he is showing no regard for US law. The bloke is a special character who never seems to believe he does anything wrong, he must be from Mars like Lauda if you ask me as every single human on this planet has made a mistake or two in life, well other than OG that is..
I previously saw the post where IPO was made as charity. Frankly in former days we or anyone(average user) had no idea of camouflage ponzi schemes this might be the same case with OgNasty, I have evolved and learnt many things here sometime i am wrong also.
What i personally believe( No one should buy it if they dont agree to it ) is that Mr should take a vacation for a month as it will ward off all bad omen that is about to happen in future. Constant fear will lead to bad business, seeing the infringement scenario i am perplexed.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:39:42 AM

I previously saw the post where IPO was made as charity. Frankly in former days we or anyone(average user) had no idea of camouflage ponzi schemes this might be the same case with OgNasty

You got that right fella - people are evolving here and some people are happy to speak out against the tyrant that is OG.. please be aware he is likely to neg you or block you from the DT Network if you speak out like this. check out his trustlist if you need any proof, the majority of people who he has excluded have spoken out against him and his get rich shit, if you analyse it all he seems to be a character who wants to take the easy route all the time

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████