Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:10:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange gap closing? mtgox/coinbase/bitstamp  (Read 1194 times)
aznatama (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:16:25 AM

It seems like the mtgox $15 premium is diminishing, or that the other exchanges are inflating...  for quite some time I remember a $15 price gap between mtgox and coinbase (didn't check the other exchanges).  However, now there seems to be only a $5 gap.

Any thought on this phenomenon?  Mtgox still has withdraw problems afaik, whereas Coinbase seems to be nearly instant (2-3 banking days).  I have no idea about the other exchanges since I have no experience with those yet.

Haro

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:54:44 AM

Too early for any appropriate analysis. Things are changing very quick in this last few days... Smiley
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:53:16 AM

yepyep.

Price changes are of too high frequency, we broke through the corridor and now it is just time to hoooold again Wink.

in my eyes, the difference gets lesser (maybe 12$), also it seems to be that emptygox still leads the price (rising quite fast on emptygox, bitstamp price trying to come after but it takes some minutes, the difference was at 5$ for a short period of time)

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:42:23 AM

yepyep.

Price changes are of too high frequency, we broke through the corridor and now it is just time to hoooold again Wink.

in my eyes, the difference gets lesser (maybe 12$), also it seems to be that emptygox still leads the price (rising quite fast on emptygox, bitstamp price trying to come after but it takes some minutes, the difference was at 5$ for a short period of time)

I think it's this.  The price just went up too damn fast... Gox is still having withdrawal "problems" (denials is a better word). 

CampBX is pretty good too, for me: I just withdrew a few hundred dollars yesterday at ~2 and it got here today.

armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:12:32 PM

I think it's this.  The price just went up too damn fast... Gox is still having withdrawal "problems" (denials is a better word). 

CampBX is pretty good too, for me: I just withdrew a few hundred dollars yesterday at ~2 and it got here today.

Hm yes. They have some legal problems with CoinLab (we all remember the sueing that goes back and forth), they seem to have missing licences, they seem to have problems with US authorities (locked down accounts) etc. Whatever. At least an official statement would be nice.

At the current situation, storing EUR or $ on emptygox accounts is a big risk. Same for all other exchanges that are lacking legal alignments, such as bitstamp (as far as i could see they do not seem to have legal alignment). Even Coinbase does not seem to be a trustworthy alternative for the storing as bitcoins, this would require a working SMS Gateway...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: