Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:59:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties illegal According to SEC?  (Read 269 times)
priyankg3 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:55:20 PM

Members wants your opinion in this, i heard and read somewhere that SEC declared that bounties are illegal infact some ICOs not starting the bounty program just because this reason, Need your view regarding this?
Dluretic

Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:19:07 PM

So if an ICO project oriented object is a citizen of the United States, so they may not be able to offer a bounty thread, because it looks more like a publicity channels, and this is not allowed in the United States, so it makes me feel very upset.

francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:28:38 PM

In theory you are not investing, you have not been solicited and you are joining a campaign on "tips only" basis, so even if the token is a security, you don´t need to be an investor.
sufferer123

Activity: 574
Merit: 55

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:35:26 PM

The thing we call Bounty is some kind of advertising. Just as companies outside of the crypto sector have specific advertising budgets, the new projects are also transferring a certain share to the bounty campaigns.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:37:41 PM

The thing we call Bounty is some kind of advertising. Just as companies outside of the crypto sector have specific advertising budgets, the new projects are also transferring a certain share to the bounty campaigns.

I wonder if FB/Google/etc are also bounty advertisements illegal on their platforms, after making ICO ads illegal. Because, as you said, they're basically the same as advertising.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

For as a bounty worker there is nothing wrong with it because they getting our service to advertise their company as well as their product. Maybe the ICO who are not registering their company to SEC that is illegal that is the rule in my country.

Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:54:49 PM

If they consider bounty as illegal this could be because they have some fears about transferring money to just anyone not legally binding to the ICO project and hence remain anonymous such that if the funds could be used against national security, it could harm other people like funding for a terrorist attack. This could be I think is the reason.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

Members wants your opinion in this, i heard and read somewhere that SEC declared that bounties are illegal infact some ICOs not starting the bounty program just because this reason, Need your view regarding this?

1. You should post the link ar article were you found this info.
2. Try harder to make a sentence that makes sense. The are plenty of tools that could help you with your English. Stop posting thin incoherent gibberish.

Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

Hello, thank you for intresting question. As far as I can see, the problem is that every token holder - and bounty hunter - needs to be identified. So if bounty campaign is using KYC-procedure - that means that the project is serious and understands the reality. There will be no problems at all if every holder of tokens will be identified in order to pay taxes. For me it is very good - crypto will be much more confident.
iBenGunArmor

Activity: 420
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:08:10 PM

Bring proof!

My opinion - if the bounty is outlawed, then they need to legalize.
Even if it is the same KYC and simple agreement with the legal aspects.
Our work is also investing in the project, albeit not financial and labour, so if you want to legalize and run it to the community - I don't mind.
Especially since with political games with cryptocurrency, we will soon forget what anonymity is, or part of the community will go to darkweb.
That with this development of the industry as a whole will not be real.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:25:05 PM

Always make a thread with link to prove your words as there are always rumors spreading in the market and rumor spread like a wild fire. Americans have their own laws so many ICO's not allowed americans.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
drawoh14

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:27:03 PM

It were look like illegal because of anonymity no one knows who were the participants behind the program because it may lead to illegal activities

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:35:06 PM

Yes, I've read it .for some ICO who decided not to use the bounty for support and marketing. . But the SEC has also acknowledged that true ICO can be an investment opportunity and legitimate. The bounty program is not an illegal issue, I think it's just another matter of consideration in the marketing
approach.
I am aware that if the initial coin supply community (ICO) needs to embrace its own rules now to reduce the likelihood of a blow from law enforcement and regulatory action. Actually bounty is helpfull program should be taken for their approach on tokensale.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:45:04 PM

Please provide the links or references from where you are stating this. It is simply illogical to declare Bounties illegal, if ICOs are not banned then bounties are not other than just marketing of project.
I don't know what is the purpose behind this declaration but it doesn't make sense to stop bounties.
rupesh2

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:51:47 PM

i did not read such news from SEC ..
only ico regulation is thing which they discussing .
and how bounties can be illegal .
if a project pay google directly for ads or any celebrity then why it cant pay to normal people for marketing .
iBenGunArmor

Activity: 420
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:01:57 PM

Also noticed that if the topic is not evidence and this is just another rumor you can remove it.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:08:07 PM

If that would have been the case then I think there would have been no single bounties going on in the current bounty section that we are blessed with in this forum. Why look at few ICO programs if there are 100's of them who are already Runnign their ICO bounties. you must think in positive way about that. I think there is no such official news where they say bounty is illegal. Also why it will illegal anyway as there is nothing spurious in that. Its just way to publish the projects the same way they do it with btc-signature campaigns etc. I think there is no difference between all of this.
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:11:04 PM

Bounties are not illegal unless you are not a US resident.
If you are an US resident you cannot earn money with ICO promotion.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:20:51 PM

Without a bounty hunter, investors will not know a good quality ICO project that's a unique idea or another. The bounty hunter job is just an ad carrier.
Prohibition of bounty may be only for some countries like AS.

kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:22:00 PM

At the moment there is no evidence that bounty companies are illegal. So everything is legal.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: