Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:39:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining eth with 1070ti  (Read 220 times)
Qiiios (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:02:21 PM

Hi, im just a newbie in mining cryptocurrency, i have been mining eth for the past 4 days with ethminer and im having about 30-33mhs
i just wanna know if it's the limit of my card, i only have one, atleast for now, and i oced at
power:50%
gpuclock: +250
Memclock: +800
idk if i can go further beyond that, but my mh/s grows a little if i oc it +10 or +20
any suggestion are welcome, idk about almost, anything of mining cryptocurrency so any info is nice for me♥

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makomako

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:13:00 PM

Hi, im just a newbie in mining cryptocurrency, i have been mining eth for the past 4 days with ethminer and im having about 30-33mhs
i just wanna know if it's the limit of my card, i only have one, atleast for now, and i oced at
power:50%
gpuclock: +250
Memclock: +800
idk if i can go further beyond that, but my mh/s grows a little if i oc it +10 or +20
any suggestion are welcome, idk about almost, anything of mining cryptocurrency so any info is nice for me♥

increase your power and decrease your gpuclock, ethhash is a mem based algo. you might want to try other algo/coins with your 1070ti. 1070ti is really not the best card for eth (hash/price)

mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:18:22 PM

Welcome to the forums.

The nice thing about mining with ethminer is, that it reports errors. So if you start seeing errors you'll need to turn down the memory clock.

Hwinfo is also useful to get the best watt to hash ratio on your card. https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

When you download it and start the program, click the "sensors only" box, click "run", then scroll down until you see the all the settings for your card.

You'll be looking for the the watts used and with afterburner, you'll have to adjust the power, you can greatly reduce your power used at a loss of 0.5- 1 or 2 MH/s.

You'll need to find the sweet spot, what I do is find that spot and then add +1 or 2 to the power, if the card crashes add some more.

If you intend on doing this with more cards, you can use the log files in claymore to see which if any crash and then after some time move your cards back onto ethminer.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:28:12 PM

im having about 30-33mhs i just wanna know if it's the limit of my card,
Yes, that's about the limit of your card. You can easily check that if you go to http://whattomine.com/ and look at the mean values of the Hash rates for the various crypto-algorithms. 

For Ethcash and Nvidia 1070 Ti, this website predicts 30.5 MH/s.

As makomako suggested, you might want to try other algos, like Equihash or NeoScrypt. Currently, they seem to be more profitable for your GPU.
Qiiios (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:39:03 PM

thanks every1 for the quick response, i really, for me, hard to understand how to cryptomining, i just used ethminer bc i was easy to use and, i saw i could get a decent profit from it
now i just move some numbers on the precisionx (i got a zotac amp extreme but firestorm is a shit) and now im on
Power:56%
Gpuclock:+50
Memclock:+870
hwinfo says im using 100w on the gpu
if anyone can tell me how to mine another currency, i would be glad, i tried zcash but had problems with the miner so i changed to eth
srsly, idk anything about crypto cores and anything about more specific things on mining, now im just using ethminer with a bat file
butka

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:56:04 PM

if anyone can tell me how to mine another currency, i would be glad, i tried zcash but had problems with the miner so i changed to eth
srsly, idk anything about crypto cores and anything about more specific things on mining, now im just using ethminer with a bat file

For Zcash, you can try DSTM equihash miner or EWBF-Zec-Miner. They are both excellent. And they both use similar bat files (as in the case of ethminer) to set up the mining on your favorite pool.
Qiiios (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:59:41 PM

For Zcash, you can try DSTM equihash miner or EWBF-Zec-Miner. They are both excellent. And they both use similar bat files (as in the case of ethminer) to set up the mining on your favorite pool.
wich pool u sugest?
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

thanks every1 for the quick response, i really, for me, hard to understand how to cryptomining, i just used ethminer bc i was easy to use and, i saw i could get a decent profit from it
now i just move some numbers on the precisionx (i got a zotac amp extreme but firestorm is a shit) and now im on

At those settings I doubt it will be very stable. Max settings for my Evga 1070ti’s are +750mem at 70%power runs without any problems for weeks.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
butka

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:22:29 PM

wich pool u sugest?

I really like miningpoolhub.com because of its auto exchange.
Qiiios (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

i tried to use miningpoolhub with ewbf to mine zcash, but it says ''stratum autorization error''
what did i go wrong?
theodrim

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:02:29 PM

i tried to use miningpoolhub with ewbf to mine zcash, but it says ''stratum autorization error''
what did i go wrong?
Did you register on miningpoolhub and added worker? And used proper command line i.e.
Code:
miner --server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --user username.worker--pass x --port 20570
If yes, then post your logs from ewbf.
butka

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:04:31 PM

"Stratum authorization error" could mean that the mining software cannot connect to the mining pool with the registered username and/or worker name. Did you create an account on their website?
Qiiios (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:18:08 PM

yeah, i registered on their website, but my question is, whr i put my wallet adress?
as i understand, i have to put my username.workername
so, where i put my wallet Shocked
Qiiios (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:50:04 PM

At those settings I doubt it will be very stable. Max settings for my Evga 1070ti’s are +750mem at 70%power runs without any problems for weeks.
ya, i tried to squeeze a little bit but ending on unstable system so i had to restart now im at 60%, 0+ gpuclock and +860 memclock, the amp extreme is lovely at the time u need to squeeze it, the voltage is on 750-800 and is stable
butka

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:50:35 PM

so, where i put my wallet Shocked

You put your wallet address once you log on their website. For example, if you are going to mine ZEC, you click on Zcash --> Wallet --> Payment Address.
theodrim

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:53:08 PM

yeah, i registered on their website, but my question is, whr i put my wallet adress?
You didn't answer the question did you make worker or not?
as i understand, i have to put my username.workername
Not really, you go here and set your wallet there (for zcash), if you wan't to be payed in zcash. Or you can setup autoexchange and be paid in w/e currency you select. Same process, you go to desired currency in the left side > wallet > and set wallet there.

You can read small faq or just general information.
Qiiios (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

great, thanks for the info, now the miner is running, does this algo need more gpuclocks? or i just need to put it on 0?
are there another tweaks for get more power? now im on mem+650 gpu+150, should downclock the gpu to 0offset? or let it on +150
Edit:
im on 464sol/s, should cpu mining worth? i got a xeon 2680 v2
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:49:17 AM

Hi--I have a bunch of 1070tis, they are great cards. For ethash, as others said only oc the memory; core doesn't do much, and 32MH/S is about the limit on Claymore 11.3 I can get.

For equihash, which you seem to be asking about, oc both core and memory. On Bminer I can go +200 core +1200 mem (in linux; windows +600) and hit 530-530 Sol/S with Bminer at 120 watt power draw. IMO 1070tis shine with equihash.
qwertyking

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:02:14 AM

try to increase tdp a little bit, core clock is not significant in ethash algo and it wouldn't change much even if you reduce the gpu core clock
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:08:24 AM

Edit:im on 464sol/s, should cpu mining worth? i got a xeon 2680 v2
Personally, I don't suggest mining with CPU but if you want to try it, try ETN coin. be careful, if you want dual mining noticed: fast temperature rise, more consumptions power

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: