Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook shares fall -5% after banning Bitcoin  (Read 486 times)
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:44:09 AM

Facebook lost their shares not only after banning crypto ads, it was happened after big data leaves from platform

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digroske

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:08:11 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 09:53:34 AM by digroske

I think that this is due to the ban on advertising crypto currency on Facebook resources.
luckybit1

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:19:12 PM

That also implies that their income will reduce.
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:57:39 AM

Let it be like that, because I used to have a prediction when Facebook banned Cryptocurrency then it is in the sure he had a loss, and it is true evidence of it now.

if Facebook opens another ad for Cryptocurrency, then it's just like he swallowed his own spit. LOL
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:59:44 AM

I think giant companies still need to understand the importance and implementation of blockchain technology. I see a google ad for an ICO, I dont know how they managed to put it, still it means that there is a way.
This just shows the power of bitcoin and the popularity it has right now. I think that many people have been affected by what facebook has done. What's happening right now is just the negative feedback they get from doing such things. I hope this will change the mind of facebook company to uplift the ban of bitcoin. Uplifting the ban makes it a win-win situation for both parties.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
piterpie

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:04:35 AM

Shares of Facebook fell by almost 5 percent on Monday following research claiming the recent data breach that exposed 50 million people is a systemic problem for the social network.It was "made clear in the reporting is that Facebook did not make sufficient efforts to recover users' data, which then informed ad targeting in the 2016 US election. It also did not disclose the leak to users or investors," Pivotal Research analyst Brian Wieser wrote in a note to clients Monday, as quoted by CNBC.

"We think this episode is another indication of systemic problems at Facebook … We see enhanced risks for the company, but no near-term tangible impact on its business." The company recommends selling Facebook shares, saying they are likely to fall from $185 to $152 per share. "Regulators will take a tougher line on sharing data across Facebook's apps, especially including WhatsApp and the core Facebook platform."

https://www.rt.com/business
There are many people who invest in Bitcoin, and they all use Facebook. Banning the ICO from Facebook is a good thing, and it makes it safer for people not to invest in scam projects. As for  Facebook shares fall, I think that's just coincidence
dangkhoasn

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 05:20:14 PM

Facebook ban
Advantages: Helps users avoid phishing projects.
Disadvantages: Significantly reduce the number of customers access to quality projects.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:14:27 AM

Shares of Facebook fell by almost 5 percent on Monday following research claiming the recent data breach that exposed 50 million people is a systemic problem for the social network.It was "made clear in the reporting is that Facebook did not make sufficient efforts to recover users' data, which then informed ad targeting in the 2016 US election. It also did not disclose the leak to users or investors," Pivotal Research analyst Brian Wieser wrote in a note to clients Monday, as quoted by CNBC.

"We think this episode is another indication of systemic problems at Facebook … We see enhanced risks for the company, but no near-term tangible impact on its business." The company recommends selling Facebook shares, saying they are likely to fall from $185 to $152 per share. "Regulators will take a tougher line on sharing data across Facebook's apps, especially including WhatsApp and the core Facebook platform."

As I stated in my earlier posts and I replied to some posts also that when bitcoin was introduced in the world , the world population gets divided into 2 groups, one who are in favour of bitcoin and accept bitcoin and the second group is one who has not understood the potential of bitcoin and started criticising it and Facebook is one of the haters who has banned the crypto ads on Facebook and I also heard the rumours for Twitter also and then resulting in  fall in 5% shares of bitcoin.
joshuarose

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:22:05 AM

seems like facebook regrets Because it has blocked bitcoin and made its share price go down
Rambukwelle

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:38:59 AM

Surely banning Bitcoin advertisements had a negative impact for Facebook.But for the entire Crypto industry this ban will have a positive effect since the scammers got lesser windows to access the newbie Investors as the reason of these bans.

✦ ORET ✦
❝ Gold Mining & Blockchain Technology ❞
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:08:04 PM

We all should move to social networks based on the blockchain, this is the only way to be protected.
digroske

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:54:13 AM

I think that this is due to the ban on advertising crypto currency on Facebook resources. Helps users avoid phishing projects . I do not think so. that it is beneficial for the FB. But time will tell. .
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:40:30 PM

Soon, facebook will understand that the war with the blockchain and bitcoin will be very expensive for them!
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:11:27 PM

This is just the start. This shows the power of Bitcoin. I hope that Facebook revise their decision. There are other things that Facebook need to focus on. The privacy and security issues need to be their priority. I think they are smart enough to know the power of cryptocurrency.
robertsu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

I think the actions Facebook couldn't to growing always. The same situation about the market USA, the correction happening not only on the cryptocurrency market. Yes, the official reasons falling not independents with Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: