Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:44:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICOBench reliable source with ligit ICOs?  (Read 343 times)
Dklinov (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:40:14 PM

There is a huge number of ICOs coming this year and we need some sort of filter to chose most reliable and ligit ones. I personally use ICOBench.com to filter good ones based on overal ICO rating and segregated ratings per Team, ICO profile, etc. I wonder if it is a good one, or there are more reliable ones out there?
uwr

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

Dont rely only on ICO LISTING sites, ussually they cover only ICO with good fundings and market campaigns (which made only to complete successful ICO and run away with money), due to huge amount of new ICOs.
I personally spend lot of time searching around Announcments here on Bitcointalk, read one by one to find really interesting projects.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

I think ICO bench is one good source if I were to find a good ICO bounty to join. Because most of the persons who are behind ICO bench is expert in the field of blockchain technology. And since I dont want to waste my time doing on scam bounty so I check first ICO bench.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:53:28 PM

you should not only trust to 1 ico review site.
Maybe the ICO pays them for review them as a good review.
You should look at many references of ico review site before you chosing icos
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:56:42 PM

There is a huge number of ICOs coming this year and we need some sort of filter to chose most reliable and ligit ones. I personally use ICOBench.com to filter good ones based on overal ICO rating and segregated ratings per Team, ICO profile, etc. I wonder if it is a good one, or there are more reliable ones out there?

There is filter in the market that can be used for the screening of ICO's and thats "Your personal experience." Nothing or no one is more reliable than yourself because ICObench and sites similar to that one are getting paid for the ICO listing. It means any project that goes their is not the perfectly reviewed one. Some of them could be bribed one and it might just look like a joke but I think things like that do happen in this world. With decentralised nature of ICO's we cant say anything about them from the idea that they are having. Its better to study them in deepest way possible by keeping track of them each day or week and see how they are developing the whole thing.

Now ICObench cant do that for you so better choose it on your own.
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:56:54 PM

Although there are many other ICO rating sites like http://icorating.com/ which are equally good, I personally prefer using ICO bench because of how their platform is. Everything is well organized and makes almost all the info you need on an ICO available. But there are times when I do comparisons with other sites.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

NOPE!

Any site that mass lists ICOs with "ratings" are not a good source at all.
However, they are quite useful.

See these sites like wikipedia, a great place to get general information but you would never use it as a source to back up legitimate decisions.
So in that sense, I actually use places like ICO bench or ICO drops quite frequently.
I use it to quickly look up dates and different type of ICOs.
My core research is never based off of what they say but it does lead me to ICO's websites where I start the real work of looking at their team and whitepaper and what not.

The main reason why you should not trust those ratings, is because they are almost always paid to do them.
That makes it incredibly biased and unreliable.

Also, nothing beats old fashioned research.
Yes, it takes more time, but for me, I have yet to fail on picking a good ICO simply because the process I go through guarantees that I weed out the bad ones.

Dklinov (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:02:10 PM

I think ICO bench is one good source if I were to find a good ICO bounty to join. Because most of the persons who are behind ICO bench is expert in the field of blockchain technology. And since I dont want to waste my time doing on scam bounty so I check first ICO bench.
I basically do the same way. Use it as a benchmark to select the bounty to participate in
Janejul

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:02:32 PM

I usually join the telegram channels. But use icoalerts for the rough sorting.

Bit of a jungle out there.
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:03:06 PM

Yes, I trust ICO Bench, there are many professional reviews from this field, so why not trust them. It is their job to do the research. But also many times happend to me that ICO had good rating but low hype and they didnt raise so much money to reach soft cap and the ICO was unsuccessful. So even if the ICO looks good and also has good product, it doesnt mean that has good potential to each soft cap.

HonzaChud

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

Agreed with all people above - all ICO alerts are a secondary source of information. But you can never be sure that the information posted is up to date or even relevant - always double check with the website of the project or Telegram / other channels.
sagor0707
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

ICO Bench is a good source. You can get lots of information from this website. But, before investing anywhere, The ICO bench is not the only source. You just get some ratings from here. Do not get complete information.
edhp

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:05:56 PM

Don't trust them 100%. Do your own research as well. Those sites are like youtubers getting bounties when they make a good review of an ICO. You never know how much they are getting paid to put a good score on an ICO.
mdenys

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:12:07 PM

Ico bench should be only one of the ico finding sources.Normally I compare a few sites such as Icoratin,Icobench,Ico bazaar and a few more,then I read the Icothreads here on Bitcointalk,then I join Telegram group and chat there about the ico.So it takes a lot of time to find a good one.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:17:02 PM

Base on my own experience, there is no ICO listing site that you would rely on. No matter the kind of trust or believe you have in any of them, you still neees to do your personal findings. With this, it doesn’t mean any site is not legit and they only list base on their own measures but trust me while they listed it may not be same reason why you wanna invest in an INitial coin offer. Thanks
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:41:32 PM

Help point you in the right direction maybe, reliable? I would say none of these sites are reliable because they are probably paid to write reviews on these coins. Granted not all reviews come out favorable but still, majority will and this won't help you sift the ICOs well. You need a huge team of people to undertake all the ICOs at once, my advice would be to avoid them like the plague. That will save you time, headache, and most probably your hard earned dollars too.

farooqarahim

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:18:56 PM

I suggest, research on multiple places rather than relying on only one place.

And once you find some interest in a project, dig deep by go through the whitepaper, website, profiles of associated people on LinkedIn.

Then only make the decision of putting your fund on an ICO
Xmm

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:22:07 PM

As far as I know, all these ratings are paid for, and some can even be underestimated, in order for projects to pay them a raise. Therefore, I believe that it is not worthwhile to believe these ratings, only to rely on some facts and independently study the project!

Azna Azhar

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:44:18 PM

Yes, that is one good step by looking at the rating of the ico bench site. But, I think you also need to check more than one site that can be used as a comparison. Most importantly you should see the utility of the project, the team experience, and the white paper.
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:40:16 AM

I read that the ratings are bought on such sites. Therefore i would not rely 100% on it.
Of course, this can only be a rumor, but somehow i can imagine it well.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: