Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Money laundering tools  (Read 2475 times)
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:05:31 PM

Bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency can sure be used as a money laundering tool, especially if the person holding the cryptocurrency is a money launderer, but the use of cryptocurrency depends on its holder, if you wanna use it as a tool for evil things then its up to you and you alone, but if you dont have that kind of mind set like most of the people around here then its up to you as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:21:08 AM

Money laundering tools are not terrible. The scary thing is that some people use the reasons here to clarify the future of cryptocurrencies. In fact, cryptocurrencies are great. Money laundering is only a small part. I admit that it has shortcomings now. But can't stop its future.

Marial Carter

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

Bitcoin is famous for its anonymity and decentralization so criminal take advantage of this and use bitcoin for money laundering, i think this is what we can not stop. But i don't think btc is only used for money laundering tools, it also used for payment and transaction. there are so many benefits of bitcoin, it is not only used for crime.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:48:46 AM

Bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency can sure be used as a money laundering tool, especially if the person holding the cryptocurrency is a money launderer, but the use of cryptocurrency depends on its holder, if you wanna use it as a tool for evil things then its up to you and you alone, but if you dont have that kind of mind set like most of the people around here then its up to you as well.
But before the invention of bitcoin we don't have any tool for money laundering?

So it depends on the users who is using the new technology for wrong things but even money laundering can be stopped if everyone starts to use crypto as the primary currency.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:41:00 AM

In my opinion, BTC is not a traditional currency like gold and silver because it does not have any use value, so it is not a credit currency. It's basically just one use, money laundering tool. The tool explains why bitcoin prices are spread across the country and abroad. Domestic money is changed into bitcoins and then physical transportation to overseas exchange for foreign currency escapes regulation and the cost of money laundering is lower than before, and the risk is low.
It seems to me that you have limited thinking and you know very little about Bitcoin and its blockchain technology. There are a lot of discussions on this topic and everyone has their own opinion, but personally I think that money can be laundered in absolutely different ways and people did it before creating Bitcoin.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:35:29 AM

I use it as a regular money in paying things online like a fiat that most people use before but now online currency is just like a fiat. And I think I don't agree with your opinion that it is a one use currency that a person can only use, Bitcoin has so many use in the human living.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:35:57 AM

In my opinion, BTC is not a traditional currency like gold and silver because it does not have any use value, so it is not a credit currency. It's basically just one use, money laundering tool. The tool explains why bitcoin prices are spread across the country and abroad. Domestic money is changed into bitcoins and then physical transportation to overseas exchange for foreign currency escapes regulation and the cost of money laundering is lower than before, and the risk is low.
It seems to me that you have limited thinking and you know very little about Bitcoin and its blockchain technology. There are a lot of discussions on this topic and everyone has their own opinion, but personally I think that money can be laundered in absolutely different ways and people did it before creating Bitcoin.
they just trying to make fud ,he did not understand the technology behind bitcoin and cryptocurrency.money laundry or crime usage just the way to make cryptocurrency market die.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
dawai asmara

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:22:40 PM

I use it as a regular money in paying things online like a fiat that most people use before but now online currency is just like a fiat. And I think I don't agree with your opinion that it is a one use currency that a person can only use, Bitcoin has so many use in the human living.
I also don't agree with the opinion that Bitcoin is a money laundering tool. maybe there are some people who use Bitcoin for something like that but the function of Bitcoin is actually not so, so we can't call Bitcoin a money laundering tool. I personally see Bitcoin as the future money.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:44:22 PM

no matter how hard your efforts to do money laundering in blockchain technology will be easy to know because all the blockchain technology transactions record all transactions in your wallet. therefore the government in several countries prohibits this technology from being used in their country.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:59:00 AM

Well i think that is why KYCs are used today to prevent such occurrences to happen to us. Well, in our local wallets, there are limits to withdrawals and to increase that you need to pass verification tests and authentications. I think this is what developers should look into and beef it up security wise.

dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:57:37 AM

in my country, in the past, government said that people should not use bitcoin because it dont have any regulation. and bitcoin susceptible to be money laundry. thats why in some country enforced fill kyc. we know that we are not loss something, but sometimes government will loss thing.
so, just use bitcoin as good as you can. and its back to ourself
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:26:15 AM

it looks like bitcoin and other cryptocurrency can be a money laundering tool because in some countries the rules for using cryptocurrency are not too clear and when assets are sent to cryptocurrency wallets, there can be money laundering.
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:34:53 AM

in my opinion crypto currency can be used and used anywhere and anyone who is good or bad depends on the intention and purpose of the investor itself so until now the crypto currency can be used for money laundering though
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:00:15 AM

in my opinion crypto currency can be used and used anywhere and anyone who is good or bad depends on the intention and purpose of the investor itself so until now the crypto currency can be used for money laundering though
this happened because there was indeed a gap to make money lound, but government should take preventive measures so that this would not happen, for future technological advances

cc80aa

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 08:38:17 AM by cc80aa

That is true, it can be some people transaction like that from black market or either illegitimate market, some project have no need for kyc although, some people have their ability to mitigate financial crime risk.and as far as you laundering your money in the legitimate market has a record to present.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:37:47 AM

If bitcoin is being used for illegal transactions then it is possible. For me, it is because bitcoin is used anonymity. But let us just hope that it will not used by illegal transactions.
You can't stop someone's desire, everyone is free to do what they want, including using bitcoin. Everyone just looks at a technology, especially bitcoin, from the negative side, they forget the positive aspects of using bitcoin. Regarding the government which prohibits bitcoin because it is used as money loundring, I guess they are hypocrites.

Corruption is an act that must be destroyed but they only try to stop corruption like a policeman who tries to steal a thief using a sports car but the police only chase him with a rickshaw. The government can make a strict law for corruptors, such as giving the death penalty for all those who are corrupt and it's a good solution rather than accusing a currency that can be used as a place for money loundering.
wendiar19

Activity: 470
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:38:05 AM

actually the technology owned by bitcoin has been very difficult to do money laundering because all transactions that have all been recorded clearly even the recipient and sender are clearly visible so for bitcoin it is very difficult to do money laundering.

MonicaSteve

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:44:41 AM

I know what you mean but I don't agree that BTC onle has one use - money laundering tool. Actually, BTC has so many use in our life, do not make people have a negative look at BTC.
Anies_Sandi

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:57:17 AM

crypto currency can be accessed by anyone anywhere and by anyone whether the results of the crypto currency are bad depending on the intention and purpose of the investor itself if indeed the crypto currency is used as a means of money laundering means that the initial goal of that person is not good harm others, of course
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:12:29 AM

it looks like bitcoin and other cryptocurrency can be a money laundering tool because in some countries the rules for using cryptocurrency are not too clear and when assets are sent to cryptocurrency wallets, there can be money laundering.
I think this is not the reason why those countries have still not recognized fiat. I believe that it is not easy to do o in the type of government where there is fare and just accountability like China and there is literally no concept of making money by entering the government. So regardless of how much personal space Bitcoin offers, it is not possible in the presence of an audit system having great history for the accountability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: