Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:04:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cpu mining?  (Read 1003 times)
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

I manage a thread that is about CPU mining, you can take a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891680.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1438

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:22:42 AM

Can someone explain, what is more profitable, to mine with CPU or with graphic cards? Please throw me some links or quotes with info.
Thank you

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
crazyer1976

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

Can someone explain, what is more profitable, to mine with CPU or with graphic cards? Please throw me some links or quotes with info.
Thank you
You can't compare it) Even if you make it so that one CPU gives more profit than one video card, then the cost of additional equipment will be higher. You can connect multiple graphics cards to a single" processor", but not the other way around.

calculation of the profitability of video cards:
http://whattomine.com
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:17:05 AM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 200+ Orphans monthly)  
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)  
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance, Proposals & Voting), 10% Monthly Budget for IT/PR/P2P Live  
- Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes  

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap $1-2 million
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

New CPU Cancer Research Algorithm released,
get rewarded for contributing CPU cycles to science!

Windows Mining Guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/

Linux Mining Guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:40:00 AM

Thank you
CPU without GPU isn't worth it you would have a bit hashrate whatever a coin its. better using GPU but you must patience if you start to mine "today", price a GPU is very expensive if compared with the income you will receive "today".

hypev2

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:11:48 AM

YescryptR16 on ZergPool is pretty good right now on any decent CPU -- compared to other options anyway... doing about $0.63/Day on a Ryzen 1700X using 6 out of 8 cores (at $0.16 power cost/Day for me).

I am working up to adding ~200 kH or so of CPUs to it as I get time to switch over existing systems / finish configuring some systems that aren't done yet.

Buying NEW hardware expressly for CPU mining isn't a good investment right now... but used hardware / if you already have the hardware you can still make some money.

This is exactly my scenario. I am mining Credits with around 150K-200K Hash power. But Credits has taken a huge beating due to bearish market. I am planning to move to another coin.

ZergPool seems like an auto coin selector similar to NiceHash, is that correct? If you had to select one coin to mine, which one would you choose with 200kH?

Cheers.

CryptoMaze ~ cryptomaze.io ~
Trusted ICO Marketing and Bounty Management Firm. (https://cryptomaze.io)
marchay

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:53:54 AM

Mine turtlecoin if want guide ask me
HeraldoCrypto

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:13:02 PM

Mine turtlecoin if want guide ask me
What an odd little coin... at first glance it looks kinda goofy, but I love the drunk logic behind it.
Tell us more. I'm intrigued
Gagapay

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:17:50 PM

Anything worth cpu mining out there? Comp is on 24/7 anyway looking for some easy to mine coins if anyone knows of any cheers

The question is, is it worth mining anything at all with cpu!
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:15:29 PM

You should check out the NEW altcoin with its own new algorithm! They released it earlier this month and its dedicated to bring back CPU mining and bring down ASICs. They have an announcement thread here on bitcointalk. You should check it out, im mining it now. Its a cool project with their own new algo.
Gagapay

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:20:20 PM

You should check out the NEW altcoin with its own new algorithm! They released it earlier this month and its dedicated to bring back CPU mining and bring down ASICs. They have an announcement thread here on bitcointalk. You should check it out, im mining it now. Its a cool project with their own new algo.

But new tokens are not worth any money!
hypev2

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

Are you talking about a coin named "NEW"? I will check it out.

I am not satisfied with the turtle coin which is suggested above. This kind of coins has no future in my opinion.

CryptoMaze ~ cryptomaze.io ~
Trusted ICO Marketing and Bounty Management Firm. (https://cryptomaze.io)
HeraldoCrypto

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:27:03 PM

Are you talking about a coin named "NEW"? I will check it out.

I am not satisfied with the turtle coin which is suggested above. This kind of coins has no future in my opinion.
If you find it copy a link over here. Wasn't able to find it. Not sure if it was my lack of google skills or the fact that the word new is written every 2 sentences in this forum. Not the best name...
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:41:57 PM

Whatever coin you mine but CPU mining is not worth. I tried to mine with my laptop. I was mined Siacoin continues 2 days 24/7 guess how much I received just 0.02 siacoin. now 1 Siacoin price is $0.012. if you try CPU mining you will lose your system and no income. So better invest some money and try GPU mining.
ktru19 (OP)

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:55:20 PM

Only looking to mine for fun and hope a bit of luck whatever i choose to atm its verge goes up electricy doesnt bother me as its included in the rent. Searching for newer coins that may have some potential.
marchay

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:03:33 AM

Anything worth cpu mining out there? Comp is on 24/7 anyway looking for some easy to mine coins if anyone knows of any cheers

Want to mine it Huh
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:51:21 AM

Want to mine it Huh
you can do it (CPU without GPU) if you don't care about what will happen in cpu, a bit hash rate, the price of a coin, electricity and internet bill also profit you will get. many coins to mined with CPU

aarigs

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:56:43 AM

I mine Elicoin ... have a look at it and let me know what you think of it.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:52:00 AM

Whatever coin you mine but CPU mining is not worth. I tried to mine with my laptop.

I've burnt out two laptops in my time trying to mine coins. Laptops are notorious for overheating and somehow not putting out the same power with comparable hardware. It is a strange phenemonon, but alas it is a reality we must live with. I would suggest that CPU mining isn't going to be worth it, but especially if you try to do so on a laptop. Laptops don't have the ventilation systems, and CPUs don't have the power. It adds up to a disastrous outcome, IMO. You could get cheaper GPUs for about the same price as a CPU the would be "worth" mining, but with tremendously more profit and quicker ROIs. Plus, you could normally run the CPUs alongside your cheap GPU for a bit of a cushion if you build a "regular" rig.
honglu69

Activity: 1553
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:58:13 AM

Marinecoin is CPU minable with windows or Mac OS PC, with just their wallet software.  The reward varies, probably up to 1000 coins per day.

Marinecoin use dynamic hashing algorithm to penalize the GPU/ASIC so that CPU mining is doable.   GPU/ASIC mining on Marinecoin would be money losing operations.

Better than CPU mining,  Marinecoin new airdrop program is AI driven,  20,000 coins per day per message per account.   It is probably better to join the airdrop
program to earn more  coins:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2971179.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: