Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US media frenzy hasn't even begun yet  (Read 4674 times)
jehst (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:19:38 PM

What happens when the 3rd round of US media frenzy arrives (June 2011 and April 2013 were the first two) as bitcoin approaches its all-time high in USD?

I'd say that the old blood will be very nervous with bitcoin at 266.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:21:59 PM

Then Bitcoin will look legitimate in the eyes of a lot of people. And only then the new bubble begins.
gwoplock

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:37:33 PM

one word. BUBBLES.

the same thing happened in April 2013.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:05:31 PM

Going into another giant price run-up only 6 months after the last one will really indicate to people that "even if it looks like it's rising too fast, and even if it looks like it's crashing to zero, it's really only going higher." That should have been what people were thinking earlier this year, since there was 2011 to look back on and it was far bigger than the 2013 action, both upward and downward, but it had been two years so people forgot. This time it'll be much harder to forget.

People will get the idea that it really is here to stay and they cannot lose all their investment on speculative capitulation alone. That is a key fear that is now gone, perhaps for good. Of course a problem with the protocol, etc. could send the value to zero, but speculation alone won't.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:01:32 PM

one word. BUBBLES.

the same thing happened in April 2013.

At least the press isn't giving us all the "Bubble" hype that happened last time.  I think it is better this way.  Perhaps when the price gets over $266 we will start hearing news about another bubble.

It would seem to me that if they keep saying that it is a bubble and the bubble keeps bouncing back that the press, and others on this board, will eventually realize that Bitcoin is more stable and is going to keep going up.  Sure it will drop down at times but it will come back even stronger the next time.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:05:04 PM

Why am I being censored??? My "bubble pops" post has been deleted and no notifications!

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:09:41 PM

This forum is full of cheap dilettantes who don't understand the meaning of the word "bubble" and throw it around with the ease of taking a quick piss.

Just have a look at the stock of Microsoft or Google or 3D Systems and notice the growth they've experienced.

Do you know where price of Microsoft stock should be hadn't been for all the stock splits?

Microsoft has split its stock nines times since it went public back in March 1986. Put very, very simply, a company will generally split its stock when its share price becomes too high.

Since Microsoft has had six 2-for-1 splits and three 3-for-1 splits, one original Microsoft share would now be equal to 288 shares today. Interestingly the price of Microsoft's stock at its initial public offering was $21 a share, at the time of writing a share is now around the $23 mark. One original MSFT share would now be worth over $6,000.
http://mashable.com/2010/07/17/microsoft-facts/ This was 2010 info where MSFT was $23/share. Price now is much higher.

So please take that bubble retarded mediocre talk somewhere else. Mainstream media uses this BS "bubble" a lot to describe Bitcoin. I don't need to hear same BS idiocy of infantile twats on this forum also.

Growth is not synonymous with bubble!

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:45:40 PM

Fail,  msft would be up about 20 percent...a year. That's no bubble.

20 percent in 3 days....
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:49:00 PM

Why am I being censored??? My "bubble pops" post has been deleted and no notifications!
Because you are in the wrong topic.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg3387508#msg3387508
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:52:56 PM

What happens when the 3rd round of US media frenzy arrives (June 2011 and April 2013 were the first two) as bitcoin approaches its all-time high in USD?

I'd say that the old blood will be very nervous with bitcoin at 266.

Not really.  If the last two high water marks are any indication, the next will be well over 266, and when it "crashes," it will be to something well over $100.
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

I always love the idiots who comment on BTC articles on the various news sites.  Talking trash.  Calling it Ponzi.  Referencing Tulips.  Calling all of us fools.

Those people aren't so vocal anymore.  I've noticed how its fairly quiet in the comments area now.

I feel like calling those people out and asking if they'd like my foot in their mouth as well, or if their own is sufficent?

Those people pissed me off big time.  I want to rub their faces in it....

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:39:19 PM

I always love the idiots who comment on BTC articles on the various news sites.  Talking trash.  Calling it Ponzi.  Referencing Tulips.  Calling all of us fools.

Those people aren't so vocal anymore.  I've noticed how its fairly quiet in the comments area now.

I feel like calling those people out and asking if they'd like my foot in their mouth as well, or if their own is sufficent?

This time around hopefully they are feeling deep regret for not buying any Bitcoin.  They would still be smart to jump in.  They will still probably make fun of it though.

Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:41:41 PM

I hear where you're coming from, but those sorts of comment never pissed me off. I'd just think 'lol alright mate, this is where the party is but you don't have to join in if you don't want to. Come back in a few years'
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:43:03 PM

This time around hopefully they are feeling deep regret for not buying any Bitcoin.  They would still be smart to jump in.  They will still probably make fun of it though.

they should have jumped in days ago. still holding here, but i'm not advising anyone to buy now, no way (no one i care about, anyway, lol)

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:44:48 PM

Referencing Tulips.
I hate it when they mention the tulips.  Makes em feel so smug and smart, while it requires no critical thinking whatsoever.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:47:02 PM

Referencing Tulips.
I hate it when they mention the tulips.  Makes em feel so smug and smart, while it requires no critical thinking whatsoever.

I like tulips.  I will plant a bunch in my yard because I have plenty of money to do so thanks to Bitcoin.  Grin

I agree.  It gets so old to hear the same thing over and over.  Hopefully this time they come up with something new at least. 

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

they should have jumped in days ago. still holding here, but i'm not advising anyone to buy now, no way (no one i care about, anyway, lol)

I don't know.  I actually told a friend about Bitcoin this week that I had not mentioned it to.  I think it has shown great resilience after the SR situation and it is now on the upswing.  I just tell them that the price is rising and that it could crash at any point but that it will most likely bounce back up and go even higher!

If we are still early adopters (which I think is proven that we still are) it is a great time to buy Bitcoin, even at $200!

Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:49:55 PM

I like tulips.  I will plant a bunch in my yard because I have plenty of money to do so thanks to Bitcoin.  Grin

Amazing! Please someobody start a business selling tulips for BTC  Grin
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:50:40 PM

I have money waiting for the next drop out, or for the next long term plateau....
although the chinese growth may make me regret me decision in the coming weeks.

from what I can see this rally is being pulled along by chinese speculation, and why shouldnt it.  If bitcoins are left to flourish in china it will fix a lot of the regulatory woes of a market that could conceivably pull bitcoins up to the 10000 dollar mark.

of course if the chinese decide its not in there interest.....

ill have my money waiting

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:53:04 PM

Referencing Tulips.
I agree.  It gets so old to hear the same thing over and over.  Hopefully this time they come up with something new at least. 
I don't know, they 'll have to get creative: "beanie babies", "monopoly money", "somebody buy my own version of bitcoin for 3 million dollars?", "bitcon", "shitcoin" and "buttcoin" are already taken.

Guess we'll find out soon enough  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: