Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think bitmain is secretly mining ETH with ASICs?
Yes - 72 (81.8%)
No - 16 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitmain is secretly mining ETH with ASICs?  (Read 1831 times)
sunny_luthras

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:19:27 AM

100% yes bitmain and other asic manufacturers are secretly mining ETH with ASICs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wanghaoqd

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:37:30 AM

Now you know why DRAM price has gone crazy.
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:52:49 AM

BITMAIN money hungry company ,,, they never get enough ... it seems Chinese government started to investigate them... invoices, tax, bitcoincash, probably they got reported by Chinese farms ....

Money laundering ....Currency manipulation (LTC, Bitcoincash ....)

After these yes I believe that they have ASICs capable to mine etherium ... they should also make a fork and you will see how the used ASICs they will hit the market as new new ....
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

BITMAIN money hungry company ,,, they never get enough ... it seems Chinese government started to investigate them... invoices, tax, bitcoincash, probably they got reported by Chinese farms ....

Money laundering ....Currency manipulation (LTC, Bitcoincash ....)

After these yes I believe that they have ASICs capable to mine etherium ... they should also make a fork and you will see how the used ASICs they will hit the market as new new ....

Greed is capitalist trait, and China is communist country, or I missed something?
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:35:41 AM

Once xmr forks hopefully amd gpu s will switch over to xmr from eth ( if its profitable). Eth difficulty should drop, but if these eth asics are being "tested" then it could be just an excuse to ramp up the testing with running more machines leaving little difference in eth hashrate. These eth asics might cost a lot to make but its their power efficiency which should make them a money maker.

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:48:06 AM

There are many reasons for the network hash rate to have increased, but IMO, a Bitmain ASIC conspiracy ain't one. Daily media hype towards the end of last year, $20K BTC and $1300 ETH, which on a yearly basis outperformed BTC by almost 10000% a the end of last year and beginning of this year brought in lot's of new miners at a peak, as it always does. Another factor that limited the network hash rate was the ETH ICE AGE MAY-OCT artificially increased block times and difficulty. Once the Byzantium fork happened in the middle of OCT it ended the ICE AGE and profitability increased right around the time Crypto started the end of the year bull run, which brought miners back to ETH. The most recent hash rate increase is from Vega miners switching to ETH after a collapse in Cryptonight profitability.

I gave you merit on this, its basically a turn of events, I do also mined XMR at ICE AGE however it started at the end of the year when ETH is way more profitable than mining Cryptonight, when Vegas were out and GPU shortage happened medium type GPU's like Rx550, were forcibly sold out and guess what, they also added to mine ETH.
Branko

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:36:21 AM

There are many reasons for the network hash rate to have increased, but IMO, a Bitmain ASIC conspiracy ain't one. Daily media hype towards the end of last year, $20K BTC and $1300 ETH, which on a yearly basis outperformed BTC by almost 10000% a the end of last year and beginning of this year brought in lot's of new miners at a peak, as it always does. Another factor that limited the network hash rate was the ETH ICE AGE MAY-OCT artificially increased block times and difficulty. Once the Byzantium fork happened in the middle of OCT it ended the ICE AGE and profitability increased right around the time Crypto started the end of the year bull run, which brought miners back to ETH. The most recent hash rate increase is from Vega miners switching to ETH after a collapse in Cryptonight profitability.

I gave you merit on this, its basically a turn of events, I do also mined XMR at ICE AGE however it started at the end of the year when ETH is way more profitable than mining Cryptonight, when Vegas were out and GPU shortage happened medium type GPU's like Rx550, were forcibly sold out and guess what, they also added to mine ETH.

You forget one important thing, there was not enough GPUs on the market to support such increase in hashrate...unless AMD or its partners were selling
through other channels to big miners
Hank Scorpio

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:52:24 PM

I don't think any ASIC vendor is mining ETH currently, because of several reasons.

Firstly, Ethash is designed to be memory-intensive, and that means that the ASIC would be very costly to produce because of the amount of memory that needs to be addressed by every single chip.

On top of that, chip manufacturing technology is stable at 14nm, with some players trying to jump to a lower and much more expensive 7nm production process. Popular GPUs use 14nm technology, so any ASIC that pretends to be more efficient must be lower than that (Bitmain Antminer L3+ is 16nm, for instance), thus becoming very expensive.

I don't discard completely the possibility of Ethash ASIC mining, but I think that nowadays the more efficient option are GPUs. The difficulty ramp up is caused in my opinion by more and more GPUs mining.

Regards.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:06:08 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 02:29:22 PM by Vann

You forget one important thing, there was not enough GPUs on the market to support such increase in hashrate...unless AMD or its partners were selling
through other channels to big miners

That's exactly what Nvidia was doing with the P series mining cards which are targeted for ETH mining and only distributed in bulk orders. Especially the P104 that came out at the end of last year and gets 40 MH/s+ on ETH. More recently there is also the P102. That has also contributed to the increase in ETH hash rate from the end of the year in a big part and that is a fact. Not some crazy ASIC conspiracy based on a single rumor on a Chinese web site with ZERO proof.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:50:20 PM

The hashrate is not only recent, started 3 months ago, so nothing supports what van said, cryptonight miners are switching to eth now and a week ago, before that they were mining only cryptonight so nothing van says has any base and if you think it has it means you area greater troll than him cause stay in denial like that is bad.

You are doing or did it wrong then cause ethash never gave more money than cryptonight with vega.

I don't think any ASIC vendor is mining ETH currently, because of several reasons.

Firstly, Ethash is designed to be memory-intensive, and that means that the ASIC would be very costly to produce because of the amount of memory that needs to be addressed by every single chip.

Another one in denial here. Keep on it trolls.

You trolls need to understand that profit wise, eth will always be the king of altcoins and the reason is still profitable even having asics on mining eth and those troll asic companies have boundaries, they don't want people to suspect there are eth asics.

Also take note that anybody saying there are no eth asics means, they must be paid trolls from asic companies and alike, do not trust anything they say.

I myself leaked many info about it on beginning january and they got angry at me and want me to be quiet about it, do not listen to these trolls that say there are no eth asics.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Hank Scorpio

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:03:00 PM

The hashrate is not only recent, started 3 months ago, so nothing supports what van said, cryptonight miners are switching to eth now and a week ago, before that they were mining only cryptonight so nothing van says has any base and if you think it has it means you area greater troll than him cause stay in denial like that is bad.

You are doing or did it wrong then cause ethash never gave more money than cryptonight with vega.

Another one in denial here. Keep on it trolls.

You trolls need to understand that profit wise, eth will always be the king of altcoins and the reason is still profitable even having asics on mining eth and those troll asic companies have boundaries, they don't want people to suspect there are eth asics.

Also take note that anybody saying there are no eth asics means, they must be paid trolls from asic companies and alike, do not trust anything they say.

Why do you call me troll? I was just giving my reasoned opinion.

Statements like "eth will always be the king" are more typical of a troll or fanboy.
Duykhang

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:04:46 PM

If you guys think cost is going to make Bitmain stop you're all wrong. They have more than enough money to do anything they want. They made more profit than NVIDIA in 2017... They just made ASICS for Cryptonight which was deemed asic resistant. If the only factor is money then for sure they are mining secretly with their Asics. The only moment it was revealed that they had ASICS was when Monero announced their hardfork to change their POW.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:11:22 PM

Statements like "eth will always be the king" are more typical of a troll or fanboy.

Cause you are in denial too, the evidence to support eth asics have been known for 3 months already.

If you guys think cost is going to make Bitmain stop you're all wrong. They have more than enough money to do anything they want. They made more profit than NVIDIA in 2017... They just made ASICS for Cryptonight which was deemed asic resistant. If the only factor is money then for sure they are mining secretly with their Asics. The only moment it was revealed that they had ASICS was when Monero announced their hardfork to change their POW.

And nvidia took 20 years to get there, bitmain 3 years. Most of the world is capitalist which means, think what bitmain can do with 3 billion dollars. I myself have to say that I had no idea about any cryptonight asic and for me and i do have inside info, i guess they knew i would leak and their profitability would die right at that spot, so they mined and sold the coins and then all cryptonight coins crashed the price cause they sold most of their coins when it was 2.5x more money.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Hank Scorpio

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:14:24 PM

Cause you are in denial too, the evidence to support eth asics have been known for 3 months already.

I think you did not finish reading my post.
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:07:57 PM

I normally don't come to the altcoin mining section. But this got my attention. It seems the altcoiners are getting smarter Smiley This was one of the main reasons why Bitmain decided to dump alot of their S9s at the end of the year. But in Honesty, I kinda side with Bitmain on this one. It was sensible since mid 2017 to develop ASICs for Ethash, but unlike BTC, Ethereum devs got wind of it and started to threaten POS even though they knew that would have tanked their coin.
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:36:15 PM

Where there's no (or bad) information there will always be speculation..
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:09:57 PM

You shouldnt bother going back and forth with Metroid, he is one of the biggest trolls on this site. Go look at his posts, there is nothing meaningful about them, just conspiracy theories and mockery of people. He adds zero value to the community.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:12:36 PM

I normally don't come to the altcoin mining section. But this got my attention. It seems the altcoiners are getting smarter Smiley This was one of the main reasons why Bitmain decided to dump alot of their S9s at the end of the year. But in Honesty, I kinda side with Bitmain on this one. It was sensible since mid 2017 to develop ASICs for Ethash, but unlike BTC, Ethereum devs got wind of it and started to threaten POS even though they knew that would have tanked their coin.

I am not sure with out any proof how you people are sharing and discussing about bitmain's move on mining ethereum. If they run the big farm also why we have to invest on mining field bro. Everyone knows that difficulty for mining ethereum has been increased from simple mining pool to Nicehash algos. Nothing seems like giving any profits for ethereum.
I personally does not believe the any rumour. This is the conclusion from my about this query.
Branko

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:53:07 AM

You shouldnt bother going back and forth with Metroid, he is one of the biggest trolls on this site. Go look at his posts, there is nothing meaningful about them, just conspiracy theories and mockery of people. He adds zero value to the community.

I doubt that is true, he get a lot of merit, if that would be truth, he would not get merit
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:19:33 AM

Maybe Yes.
I think hashrate BOOMING too fast
same as Monero, they are mining cryptonight coin and we do not know it, lets do the math

Ethereum Network Hashrate : 226 TH/s

= 236978176 MH/s

Average RX 570 hashrate is : 30 MH/s, so with this network hashrate, we have

= 236978176 MH/s / 30 MH/s
= 7899272 GPU RX 570

is possible? i think no
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: