Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Masternode Grading Sheet  (Read 171 times)
avgcryptojoe (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

To assist with the transparency and DYR of masternode coins I formed a masternode grading sheet that takes into account several factors. Looking to add new coins weekly to the list. It also classifies high/medium and low risks. I had a scam coin list but I find that to be very accusatory. Please note if it is very high risk there is a high factor of dev dumping and abandoning the project.

Please let me know your thoughts on this list Cheesy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WKH9Uh0-kOEuGlESktOR-Gs6uOUPhA6eZzcQRYwrU-s/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:12:36 PM

I'm staying away from the masternode hype.  There are too many in the market right now.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:30:20 PM

To assist with the transparency and DYR of masternode coins I formed a masternode grading sheet that takes into account several factors. Looking to add new coins weekly to the list. It also classifies high/medium and low risks. I had a scam coin list but I find that to be very accusatory. Please note if it is very high risk there is a high factor of dev dumping and abandoning the project.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WKH9Uh0-kOEuGlESktOR-Gs6uOUPhA6eZzcQRYwrU-s/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Why you did not add other Proof of stake coins?   What is difference between PoS coins and "masternodes coins"?
avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:36:29 PM

Why you did not add other Proof of stake coins?   What is difference between PoS coins and "masternodes coins"?

Hey eventually I can do that but I feel like right now more transparency is needed in the MN sector of PoS coins. I would love to cover all PoS eventually but that will be a pretty large effort. Hopefully some individuals can join forces with me to do something like that. Thanks for the suggestion!
coinadon

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:57:03 PM

Where do you get every point you enter into your list? Maybe you can share a reference link to get a similar source of assessment like you.

But this is very helpful for investors who like to make masternode. And "maybe" can avoid a scam.

For the dumping aspect, it always appears to be a risk like this for all coin, I strongly agree with you recall the "existing risk." In order for potential investors to be more careful in regulating the allocation for investment...
avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

Where do you get every point you enter into your list? Maybe you can share a reference link to get a similar source of assessment like you.

But this is very helpful for investors who like to make masternode. And "maybe" can avoid a scam.

For the dumping aspect, it always appears to be a risk like this for all coin, I strongly agree with you recall the "existing risk." In order for potential investors to be more careful in regulating the allocation for investment...

Hey Coinadon,

I have a grading rubric on the sheet:

Masternodes Enabled:   Some coins rated do not currently have masternodes yet

Aggragate Grade   Compiles all grades together into a final score, will add weighted scores in the future (1-10 system)

Team Public:   Some teams are not public, lack of transparency will hurt your rating, 0 or +10 for this rating depending if you have public members listed on your site.

Team Grade:   If teams are rated we look at credentials to give a rating (this is my personal opinion and is a very hard number to quanitfy). I will use the judgements of my staff on how easy to use their software is.

Whitepaper Grade:   Is this a plagiarized/BS whitepaper? I.e. it is literally the same as everyone elses, are they doing something different? (1-10 scale, 1 is complete toiletpaper, 10 is an incredible groundbreaking project)

Utility Grade:    Can this coin be utilized for something besides being a masternode or is it just a dash fork?

Community Grade:   How many people are following on twitter, discord and telegram (1-10 scale, magic numbers 10,000 total between the three platforms)

Economic Grade:   Was this coin constructed with good supply and demand economics? Is there way too many coins out there or a restricted supply

Ease of Access Grade:   Is this listed on some random sketchy exchange or is it easily accessible by investors?

Maturity Grade:   How old is this node, is it brand new or has it been around to be tested? (1-10 scale, the more mature the better the rating, dash will hold a 10 because of it being the creator of masternode systems, 1 point for every month of existence 1 month < will = 0

ROI Grade:   How good is the return for the initial investment, can vary daily, (10 = 1,000% or higher, 9-6 = 100%+, 5-1 = 50-10<%)

High/Low Risk Scale   I've realized some masternodes are basically ponzis, so I inverted the rating to warn potential investors that coins who score low tend to be schemes, scams or just plain shit coins

* in the name =   I own this coin. Full disclosure/transparency
coinadon

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:53:09 PM

Hey Coinadon,

I have a grading rubric on the sheet:

Masternodes Enabled:   Some coins rated do not currently have masternodes yet

Aggragate Grade   Compiles all grades together into a final score, will add weighted scores in the future (1-10 system)

Team Public:   Some teams are not public, lack of transparency will hurt your rating, 0 or +10 for this rating depending if you have public members listed on your site.

Team Grade:   If teams are rated we look at credentials to give a rating (this is my personal opinion and is a very hard number to quanitfy). I will use the judgements of my staff on how easy to use their software is.

Whitepaper Grade:   Is this a plagiarized/BS whitepaper? I.e. it is literally the same as everyone elses, are they doing something different? (1-10 scale, 1 is complete toiletpaper, 10 is an incredible groundbreaking project)

Utility Grade:    Can this coin be utilized for something besides being a masternode or is it just a dash fork?

Community Grade:   How many people are following on twitter, discord and telegram (1-10 scale, magic numbers 10,000 total between the three platforms)

Economic Grade:   Was this coin constructed with good supply and demand economics? Is there way too many coins out there or a restricted supply

Ease of Access Grade:   Is this listed on some random sketchy exchange or is it easily accessible by investors?

Maturity Grade:   How old is this node, is it brand new or has it been around to be tested? (1-10 scale, the more mature the better the rating, dash will hold a 10 because of it being the creator of masternode systems, 1 point for every month of existence 1 month < will = 0

ROI Grade:   How good is the return for the initial investment, can vary daily, (10 = 1,000% or higher, 9-6 = 100%+, 5-1 = 50-10<%)

High/Low Risk Scale   I've realized some masternodes are basically ponzis, so I inverted the rating to warn potential investors that coins who score low tend to be schemes, scams or just plain shit coins

* in the name =   I own this coin. Full disclosure/transparency

Amazing, from the explanation you give this is something very good to know masternode lovers community.

If masternode more and more interested then the possibility of the price to drop also less, as you agree?

So far I only know dash, zcoin, and mue which have program masternode. Apparently there are also many masternode programs that are present beside them.

I am still not very clear about the very thin difference between HYIP and masternode.

hopefully, there are members who can help to explain this.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:07:42 PM

This is a great idea but best for all member of masternode is a web to manage all masternode coin with more info
avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:35:02 AM

This is a great idea but best for all member of masternode is a web to manage all masternode coin with more info

Jansaa,

I'm working with a few developers now to put this on a website and do it a lot bigger! Hoping the bitcoin talk community continues to support these efforts Smiley
ranchi

Activity: 143
Merit: 31

Cryptomaa.com Helps in finding Real project

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:52:33 AM

Master nodes. Online have all this list of master nodes coin. There are many coins which are not in your list.
You have done a good job but there are still many things left to be updated

avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:07:40 AM

Master nodes. Online have all this list of master nodes coin. There are many coins which are not in your list.
You have done a good job but there are still many things left to be updated

Yes I know I haven't covered all masternodes and not even they have every single coin covered. I'm starting with them as a base. I run a company on the side so I do not have a ton of time to work on this list. Going to continue tweaking it weekly.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:29:34 AM

there is always a very important risk factor in all of these Masternodes which you can not even measure and you will never see in any of the masternode guides and that is the price volatility of the  coins. OP's table has Economic Grade which seems like it is taking it into consideration but not that much.
we all know that altcoins are pump and dumps and their dumps are usually pretty serious. investing in these coins and wishing for profit may prove pretty difficult when their dumps come and you start losing money because you can no longer cover the costs.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:32:31 PM

there is always a very important risk factor in all of these Masternodes which you can not even measure and you will never see in any of the masternode guides and that is the price volatility of the  coins. OP's table has Economic Grade which seems like it is taking it into consideration but not that much.
we all know that altcoins are pump and dumps and their dumps are usually pretty serious. investing in these coins and wishing for profit may prove pretty difficult when their dumps come and you start losing money because you can no longer cover the costs.

You bring up an interesting point about volatility. How does a volatility index for masternodes sound?
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:07:43 AM

Checkout BiblePay, its a masternode coin, but not a clone coin, and it actually uses the governance!

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 200+ Orphans monthly)  
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)  
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance, Proposals & Voting), 10% Monthly Budget for IT/PR/P2P
- Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes  

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap $1-2 million
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

New CPU Cancer Research Algorithm released,
rewards for contributing CPU cycles to science!

rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:18:03 AM

Are you and experts in cryptocurrency investment or economy field? If yes please add more coins. There is good Masternode coin which called XCPO which issued by Copico team. They are transparent.
Please share your origin, we can not just believe in people.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:31:47 AM

Thanks for this information you have put in some good background work to put this together. Running a Masternode is probably a project for me for later this year, as I have only briefly touched on the subject with friends so far.  Smiley

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:20:25 AM

Thanks for this information you have put in some good background work to put this together. Running a Masternode is probably a project for me for later this year, as I have only briefly touched on the subject with friends so far.  Smiley

Thanks for your feedback Smiley
avgcryptojoe (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:03:14 PM

Are you and experts in cryptocurrency investment or economy field? If yes please add more coins. There is good Masternode coin which called XCPO which issued by Copico team. They are transparent.
Please share your origin, we can not just believe in people.

Hey Rikybrosh I'd never refer to myself as an expert. I will add that coin this week. Thanks for the suggestion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: