Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ad bans to affect prices long term?  (Read 417 times)
wave06 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:39:37 PM

Hi guys! Rumors are swirling that Twitter could also ban cryptocurrency ads, following a trend started by Facebook and Google. There's been some speculation on how and if this will affect the market. Anyone got some articles to share on this? Do you think there will be some affects in the long term? Look forward to hearing what you think!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:49:24 PM

The only way it could affect Bitcoin would be by reducing the demand for people to buy it to put their money into all the contemptible shite that advertises. Beyond that I can't see much else.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an ad that looked legit. And I'm curious how they're going to keep everything out. The truly beneficial bans are things like phishing ads for blockchain.info but I can imagine masses of that stuff will slip through anyway.

The time to really sweat is if they went after content but since they don't seem all that bothered about ISIS, nazis and child abusers that's not going to happen.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:58:01 PM

this might not necessarily be true, they might only be pushing bitcoin into becoming more self sufficient , the thing is vacuums have a funny way of always getting filled and all this might do is force the creation of a group , company that deals directly with crypto promotion which is what cryptos need right now some dedicated organized advertising .

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:02:00 PM

this might not necessarily be true, they might only be pushing bitcoin into becoming more self sufficient , the thing is vacuums have a funny way of always getting filled and all this might do is force the creation of a group , company that deals directly with crypto promotion which is what cryptos need right now some dedicated organized advertising .

Are we absolutely certain that everything is getting the boot? I find it hard to believe somewhere like Coinbase or Circle would be refused, not that I know how much they bother advertising right now.

As for everyone else, they'll have to focus on getting real press and attention by delivering quality projects. Hardly the end of the world.
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:28:16 PM

I do not think the main reason behind the drop is to block ads, yes it have an effect but have a slight impact, and also I'm more likely to undo this ban, and there will be only a reduction or prevention of ads that trying to fraud
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:32:39 PM

Twitter shareholders complain that the company don't generate revenue and with ban of these ads their income will be much smaller. Strange decision as for me.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:33:35 PM

It is a pity that such a terrible campaign is on BTC. This can really be the future when it comes to finances. Titter is quite liberal. So far nothing promises to be that way.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:35:47 PM

Hi guys! Rumors are swirling that Twitter could also ban cryptocurrency ads, following a trend started by Facebook and Google. There's been some speculation on how and if this will affect the market. Anyone got some articles to share on this? Do you think there will be some affects in the long term? Look forward to hearing what you think!
It do not have any thing with the price. The ad ban do not manipulate the price but only people hear that a bad news came and they start panic sell and after a few days or a week they forget about it and they again start to buy bitcoin and then everything become better. So it do not have any longer affect on the price but it only have a smallest affect on the price and then everything go better.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:39:20 PM

I am not sure if it is going to affect the price of bitcoin because not bitcoin is promoted through those ads,but new ICO's and most of them dont end up with a successful coin released.Even though facebook and google are the best ways to promote something I think  there are lots of other ways to promote cryptocurrency, like bitcoin related forums, yotube channels, twitter, telegram and many other. Anyway bitcoin doesnt need any promotion since it is already very popular and anyone that gets involved with cryptocurrencies is going to read and learn first about bitcoin since you can find a lot of informations about bitcoin.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:39:28 PM

The attack isn't on Bitcoin but brought about by so many scam coins. When people say btc these days they are talking crypto I general. Yes these ad bans are proven to have an effect on the price of the coins but I think long term, if btc and certain alts remain popular or utilized things will recover fine.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:56:16 PM

I think the bans are a knee jerk reaction to the increased publicity that cryptocurrency is getting and the rising pressure on social media to act on potentially damaging content on their platforms. Personally I don't think it will be a permanent ban, and is just a temporary measure until more safeguards are put in place to protect against scams. How long this will take is another matter; but the fact that some major sports teams are sponsored by cryptocurrency, and the number of traditional companies using services provided by crypto is rising rapidly, are positive signs for the future. It is my belief that they are just scared to give regulators any opportunity to place blame on them if investors are conned out of money, especially when it can be decided depending on individual country regulations. Give it time.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:06:05 PM

I have not heard anything or read this news before.
twitter does not seem to be doing it, if this is true a lot of people will leave twitter. Because I know a lot of crypto holders who use twitter as a means of communication.
even some campaigns are still using twitter, hopefully this is just a clown nonsense.
sherwinaze

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:17:17 PM

I think that news is had a bad effect to bitcoin user like ico development, bounty campaign and the people who will always participating in bounty.  because facebook and twitter is rhe source of income to promote ico advertisement
 and i think they had a bad effect  to all coins price in the market.
Nevkeke

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:22:32 PM

I think ad bans to affect prices short term because already people are learning this everywhere in the long run. but speculation is quickly affecting the market in the short term. Like other news
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:27:18 PM

Hello also friend.
twitter and cryptocurrency issues.
because twitter follow the footsteps facebook and google.
so Twitter is reportedly planning to ban crypto ads and initial coin offerings (ICO) in January.
facebook prohibits ads for currency like bitcoin in deceptive marketing efforts, while google follows last week.
Shirin16

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:37:14 PM

I think it will never happen to twitter. it may only include ad restrictions.
and if it does happen that twitter will be banned from cryptocurrency ads, its biggest impact may be on some ICO projects.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:40:20 PM

Actually ban on crypto related ad open up an space for crypto based adnetwork to flourish and offer higher rate to publishers, adsense have dominated whole advertisement market for decades now its turn for crypto adnetwork to take over.

This is another attempt to limit crypto adoption...

faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:20:57 PM

The google,  fb and twitter ad ban is for our safety and good. Just take a look. Fb, Twitter and Google cannot guard the ads promoted in their platform.  Majority of crypto ads are philsting and promoting scams.  Better turn it off to prevent harm. If we really care about bitcoin,  then promote it via word of mouth to our friends.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:52:20 AM

I don't think it's that ads are necessarily phishing or scams. It's the viability of the projects themselves. Advertising on popular sites gives less than average projects more exposure than they would get otherwise, therefore creating an illusion of success. I would like to think that the majority of investors do their research before getting involved in any project, but I guess that history in other areas tells us that's not true. Everyone wants to make a quick buck, but the truth is (and always has been) that if something seems to good to be true, then it normally is.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
ggod5

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:14:04 AM

They are to ban fraudulent ICO advertisements and avoid loss of people's interests, but this is a devastating blow to some good encryption projects. I think that these advertisements should be strictly guarded and audited rather than forbidding all ICO advertisements.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: