Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guys think about the stablecoin options out there?  (Read 166 times)
singlecrytpo (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:30:45 PM

Do you think there's a viable stablecoin out there that can really facilitate everyday traansactions?? this was a great article that broke down what's already out there: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#432e3ce84fc6

imo I already heard of everyone else and havven is the newcomer recently. I see lots of potential in them since the value isn't tied to fiat or gold. What do you guys think about stablecoins and them facilitating mass adoption?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wattcrypto

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:12:05 PM

not a fan of any of them except for havven. for me, it all rests on execution for them. If they're able to execute and get lots of people on board, they have a viable product. The token economics behind their dual token system is also very fascinating
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:58:38 AM

Pegging a blockchain based cryptocurrency is no different in fiat money based on the gold standard. Cryptocurrencies are supposed to be trustless and decentralized, and by pegging it to an establishment that holds the asset makes it vulnerable to centralization and a point of failure.

Just let the market decide what the value of a cryptocurrency is and keep it trustless.
jitenrajput
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 06:05:04 AM

Bitcoin, ether, ripple, litecoin, etc. are highly volatile coins and thus cannot be used as a currency. Because the number of bitcoins I spent today for a $10 pizza will be different the next day. It is really difficult to deal with highly fluctuating currency every day. That’s the reason stable coins are developed which can fulfil the original purpose of inventing bitcoin i.e. peer-to-peer electronic cash system. They are generally pegged at $1 US dollar or more. TrueCoin, NuBits and MakerDAO are some of the popular stable coins.

ENCRYBIT  -  Future of CryptoExchange▐  Private Sale is Live!
● Buy ENCX Tokens ● Get up to 40% Discount
rmilly

Activity: 312

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:57:51 PM

Pegging a blockchain based cryptocurrency is no different in fiat money based on the gold standard. Cryptocurrencies are supposed to be trustless and decentralized, and by pegging it to an establishment that holds the asset makes it vulnerable to centralization and a point of failure.

Just let the market decide what the value of a cryptocurrency is and keep it trustless.

exactly^^

main reason why I like havven so must. completely trustless and the price is held stable with their dual token system. https://havven.io/
Btc4Proxies

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:45:31 PM

Great article. Sometimes it's hard to research every coin competing against one another. In retrospect, havven looks like the best option out of all of them. yes it's new, but it holds a lot of promise. will look forward to their future announcements.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

Good article for those who want to invest in an stable coin. But for me volatility is where we get money especially with bitcoin, you just need to find out how to do that properly. Well, always know your risk appetite so you’ll not lose money in the end.
jack107

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:11:36 AM

Good article for those who want to invest in an stable coin. But for me volatility is where we get money especially with bitcoin, you just need to find out how to do that properly. Well, always know your risk appetite so you’ll not lose money in the end.

but what about everyday things like a cup of coffee or lending?? I see so many applications for stablecoins and especially havven. they incentivize people in the ecosystem and as it grows, it gets better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: