Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Will Remove Crypto-related Ads Starting June 2018  (Read 491 times)
crestella (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:55:33 PM

Google will ban all relevant types of ads with cryptocurrency in June 2018, this is done for updates to their Financial Services policy.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:36:17 PM

Google just 'rearranged' some crypto ads which indicates a fake finger or another attempt of fraud on behalf of crypto. I think it's good to do because it's a must for google to protect its users against ads that will harm.

LaLegiste

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:52:47 AM

Obviously, Google is doing it under the pressure of the regulators. But i don't like this hypocritical rhetoric of "protecting users". Wouldn't it be more useful for users protection not to allow into Google Play Store phishing apps or stealth miners?

arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:47:26 AM

Obviously, Google is doing it under the pressure of the regulators. But i don't like this hypocritical rhetoric of "protecting users". Wouldn't it be more useful for users protection not to allow into Google Play Store phishing apps or stealth miners?
you got it mate,is this action really for the benefits of crypto users or for the benefits of some individuals,i trusted google since then but doing this action is not appropriate in this moment,while more issues throwing to crypto specially bitcoin,now another move from google that can create another panic,i wish they could do more than damn bannings
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:13:52 AM

you got it mate,is this action really for the benefits of crypto users or for the benefits of some individuals,i trusted google since then but doing this action is not appropriate in this moment,while more issues throwing to crypto specially bitcoin,now another move from google that can create another panic,i wish they could do more than damn bannings
It isn't Google's fault that they have to succumb to the pressure of the government. It is like having a gun to your head and having two options of which neither is pretty but you go with the least ugliest outcome. They are less afraid of customers getting wrongly scammed than they are the government, or so this action would appear. You can surely bet that the non thinking part of the population ate this propaganda up like nobody's business though lol.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:02:19 AM

It isn't Google's fault that they have to succumb to the pressure of the government. It is like having a gun to your head and having two options of which neither is pretty but you go with the least ugliest outcome. They are less afraid of customers getting wrongly scammed than they are the government, or so this action would appear. You can surely bet that the non thinking part of the population ate this propaganda up like nobody's business though lol.
I do not think this is a problem from regulatory pressure or any government, do not have to panic about this, facebook has also done it earlier this year. Remember, the ban is not for crypto, but advertising crypto product and ads offers from ico. Other risky financial products are also prohibited by google and we do not have to worry about this.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:43:46 AM

Google will ban all relevant types of ads with cryptocurrency in June 2018, this is done for updates to their Financial Services policy.
They did it right, because they protect people from the influence of advertising. Now a very large number of Ico and after viewing the advertisement, people no longer understand which ones are really good which are not. Let them better develop and create their products to attract investors and not marketing.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:54:00 AM

I do not think that's going to happen. Forbidding ads on the crypto market would be a problem for Google. Because the profits of Google when advertising for cryptocurrency is quite large. If they really stop all advertising related to cryptocurrency, that would greatly affect their revenue. So I think this is just FUD, not important.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
maliboom

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:12:39 AM

Google is now in the hands of large financial groups that are afraid of a decentralized economy autonomy. Le Crypto represents a competition, it is obvious that Google and Facebook make war
ducnguyen3293

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:15:48 AM

That is just good news, google just do not want people to advertise fraud.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:16:15 AM

If crypto money does not pose a risk, why are ads banned? It's just for scaring the USA scam ICOs.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:41:14 AM

Does Google also want to remove the Android app in relation to crypto? Because thoses kind of app only display Ads about crypto. Are they going to disappear?
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:46:28 AM

I do not think this is a problem from regulatory pressure or any government, do not have to panic about this, facebook has also done it earlier this year. Remember, the ban is not for crypto, but advertising crypto product and ads offers from ico. Other risky financial products are also prohibited by google and we do not have to worry about this.

Exactly, Google is taking a lot of measure in order to control the flow of ICO, Governments are looking for registered ICO's who are following their rules and regulation because we have seen many ICO's are getting into scam without any further developments mentioned on their roadmap.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:50:31 AM

I can't wait for them to do this, it is very disturbing when Google itself spam my phone will several scam ICO projects, although this is what one get for using a free platfrom, you pay with one form or the other way round. This will rely bring some sanity to the space because for good projects will have no problem rasing money from the space
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

Obviously, Google is doing it under the pressure of the regulators.
I don't think so that they are under the pressure of the regulators. They might be doing this base and according to their own will on what they can see the rampant of cryptocurrencies and the scams can't be denied too.

it is very disturbing when Google itself spam my phone will several scam ICO projects

This will happen if you are going to turn on your notifications to them or you will subscribe to their updates. That's why I don't turn it on and it's better just to read when you have time on what's currently happening.

maliboom

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:45:56 AM

I can't wait for them to do this, it is very disturbing when Google itself spam my phone will several scam ICO projects, although this is what one get for using a free platfrom, you pay with one form or the other way round. This will rely bring some sanity to the space because for good projects will have no problem rasing money from the space

You will see that with the development of increasingly efficient blockchains, we will become the owners of our information and no one will be able to use our data any more. It is for this reason that they make war on us
nicomedya5

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:21:17 AM

it was necessary to be done. there were so many fake ico. I think there are forbidden to protect people. it is not needed to advertisement for good project.
ajoy

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

it's likely that Google will not remove the ads of crypto, as I know Google is also an investor of crypto

Can you give us the trusted sources?
LaLegiste

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:47:38 PM

it's likely that Google will not remove the ads of crypto, as I know Google is also an investor of crypto

Can you give us the trusted sources?

Here is the link onto blog post of Scott Spencer, Google's Director of Sustainable Ads, from which most of mass media took this info:
https://www.blog.google/topics/ads/advertising-ecosystem-works-everyone/

kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:18:28 PM

Been there and wrecked my previous phone the time before I knew about crypto mining and stuffs. And now I have a debt to pay because it was an installment plan, sad to say it was those stealth miners fault and my ignorance too. Last year I have downloaded an app that was mining secretly and guess what where did it came from? Well from Facebook, someone send me a message and the moment I clicked it was installed and for some reason my PC get laggy, after 2 days the message was deleted saying it was a harmful element lol. The best part is it is automatically sending to every friends that I have in FB and they kept asking me what it was and I all I say it was virus and please don't click. Who among you have experience this? Oh I was just agreeing with LaLegiste in his idea of google being more observant on applications that have malware rather than banning crypto adds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: