Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The boat is long gone  (Read 8584 times)
fleabag (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:34:16 PM

The only people on here that have any chance at making REAL money are the first miners who basically got their coins for pennies. They know who they are and they are smart. They are the ones pimping and hyping the shit out of bitcoins. I have been rebuffed for used stocks as an example but it applies to bitcoins. The people who have gotten in on the big companies and made their millions and millions are the ones who got in for next to nothing. Coke, microsoft, apple etc the list goes on. Do you think an ordinary joe is going to get rich on Apple stock now? They missed the boat. Opportunities come around few times in a persons life and right now at $200 the boat is gone. even at $100 or $50 the boat is GONE! UNLESS you have a ton of money to begin with and my point is then mute. Can you imagine having 10000 bitcoins and you paid $100 in electricity to get them? Now you have people scraping $1000 together to buy 5 coins. Do you see what I mean?

Now I have a question for the naysayers. Tell me an investment past or present(not a stock) that costs $200 or less that anyone could buy that made that person a millionaire. The only caveat is that the investment had/has to be a fully disseminated idea that the world knows/knew about. So in other words the person got in AFTER THE FACT and made millions off of a $200 investment.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:34:53 PM

you can easily make as much money as an early miner, you just need more money to do so
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:53:15 PM

Ya what about all the people that laughed at me when I told them all it would take is to cumulate 10000BTC to never worry about money again and no one wanted to spend $5 $10 for BTC. So you might of missed the boat but I missed it all time ago when then price moved $7 per BTC...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:59:08 PM

So lets say that people are just getting into Bitcoin now and are buying 5BTC for $1000.  You say that is not worth it?  Their $1000 investment could easily increase up to $10,000 or even more in the next 4 or 5 years.  Tell me of any stock that has ever had that great of returns!?

It is just a matter of time before people with large amounts of money realize the potential here and jump in to take advantage. 

Sure the early miners scored big time. They took a risk and are already reaping rewards today.  At that time it seemed like a long-shot though.  I think we have even more proof NOW than the miners did back then that Bitcoin is going to work.  So the risk is even less!  There is regulation in place.  There are more stable exchanges to buy and sell.  There are large companies adopting Bitcoin.  There are funds being put into place that will channel hundreds of thousands of dollars into Bitcoin. 

NOW is a fantastic time to buy and $200 per BTC is still super cheap!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:01:14 PM

ITT.  OP believes any investment that doesn't turn $200 into millions in a few years = "not worth it".

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:02:17 PM

I don't know - mining might have been profitable - but it was taking too much time. Buying was more efficient way to gather BTC.
spiral_mind

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:06:45 PM

There will be boat after boat after boat, but the room for profits on each will become smaller and smaller. The real last boat is when we have reached the saturation point and everyone knows/uses Bitcoin(then it will make about as much profit as "investing" in the US dollar aka almost none). Talk to the people you know and you'll realize how small a fraction actually are into Bitcoin already.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:07:17 PM

ITT.  OP believes any investment that doesn't turn $200 into millions in a few years = "not worth it".

That's exactly what I was thinking. Who's claiming an investment of $200 now will/should make you rich?

Still around.
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:10:18 PM

Not sure if $200 (quick rise) is a fantastic time to buy but could still be a great investment long term.

However probably lots of early miners sold off for a few bucks per coin.
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:12:56 PM

Opportunities are like buses, there will be another coming in 5 minutes

PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:19:25 PM

True. Fiat sitting in your wallet is losing it's value over time. You need to constantly invest in something, stable or not - that's your choice.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:24:01 PM

Subcribed to check back in 1, 2, and 5 years. I bet I made a "boatload" of more money by then
termhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:27:49 PM

The only people on here that have any chance at making REAL money are the first miners who basically got their coins for pennies. They know who they are and they are smart. They are the ones pimping and hyping the shit out of bitcoins. I have been rebuffed for used stocks as an example but it applies to bitcoins. The people who have gotten in on the big companies and made their millions and millions are the ones who got in for next to nothing. Coke, microsoft, apple etc the list goes on. Do you think an ordinary joe is going to get rich on Apple stock now? They missed the boat. Opportunities come around few times in a persons life and right now at $200 the boat is gone. even at $100 or $50 the boat is GONE! UNLESS you have a ton of money to begin with and my point is then mute. Can you imagine having 10000 bitcoins and you paid $100 in electricity to get them? Now you have people scraping $1000 together to buy 5 coins. Do you see what I mean?

Now I have a question for the naysayers. Tell me an investment past or present(not a stock) that costs $200 or less that anyone could buy that made that person a millionaire. The only caveat is that the investment had/has to be a fully disseminated idea that the world knows/knew about. So in other words the person got in AFTER THE FACT and made millions off of a $200 investment.
Single $200 investment? Idk about that but the forex market in general.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:30:54 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 10:41:17 PM by elux

I'm surprised this thread isn't from summer 2011,
because there were a ton of threads like this back then.
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:35:59 PM

If you are short on cash but long on confidence there is always buying on margin. Jack it up my man!
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:36:39 PM

people who bought in at 100 are doing really well and they didnt get their coins for pennies. why do you need to make millions? whats wrong with making hundreds or thousands?

furthermore the market is still tiny, there is huge room for growth. angry birds is a well polished slingshot game and its franchise is valued at 7 billion dollars, bitcoin is a revolutionary currency and payment mechanism and its valued at 2 billion dollars. there is still every possibility that people who sink a few thousand dollars in today could make millions off of that investment. m2 money supply is something like 2 trillion dollars. lets say 1/2 that wealth flowed into bitcoin and you invested 5000 dollars today, that would net you $2,495,000 in profit.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
reannypleas

Activity: 152

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:41:59 PM

Sorry, seems you thought Bitcoin if get rich quick scheme.
But maybe you will buy some new company stocks and get lucky few years later. Good luck  Wink

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:03:01 PM

Sorry, seems you thought Bitcoin if get rich quick scheme.

Bitcoin is actually a get rich slow scheme.

+1  but less slower than anything else IMO

fleabag (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:07:03 PM

Come on people you are missing the point. Tell me some success stories of investments where people made a ton of money and the idea was already set in motion? AFTER THE FACT!  You people now missed the boat and the REAL money is long gone. Give me an example of an investment that proves my point wrong. I am not denying the fact that there is money to be made yet. All I am saying is that very rarely are you going to get rich on something that has already happened.
fleabag (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:09:01 PM

Ya what about all the people that laughed at me when I told them all it would take is to cumulate 10000BTC to never worry about money again and no one wanted to spend $5 $10 for BTC. So you might of missed the boat but I missed it all time ago when then price moved $7 per BTC...

you are correct. but who had $50000-$100000 unless you were already rich and could afford to lose that money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: