Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:16:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finextra interview with IBM architect about Bitcoin  (Read 6704 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:51:45 PM

By order of the Grand Priesthood of Satoshi I hereby call and ordain Richard Brown to the order of High Priest of Cryptocurrency Public Relations.

In all seriousness, Richard, that was probably the most eloquent interview I've seen on bitcoin and cryptocurrency.  It was a delight to listen to somebody with as deep a technical background as yourself speak so simply, and it was refreshing to hear you call attention to the novel and innovative features of cryptocurrenty beyond (obvious) economic/currency implications.  Thanks for being a part of the community, and please keep it up!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:36:18 PM

By order of the Grand Priesthood of Satoshi I hereby call and ordain Richard Brown to the order of High Priest of Cryptocurrency Public Relations.

In all seriousness, Richard, that was probably the most eloquent interview I've seen on bitcoin and cryptocurrency.  It was a delight to listen to somebody with as deep a technical background as yourself speak so simply, and it was refreshing to hear you call attention to the novel and innovative features of cryptocurrenty beyond (obvious) economic/currency implications.  Thanks for being a part of the community, and please keep it up!

proudhon! 

are you back for good?
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:38:03 PM

Very good and intriguing interview.

It's important to see on video discussions at this level.

Elizabeth Lumley did a great job, also. Congratulations to you both.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:47:23 PM

proudhon! 

are you back for good?

cypher!  I've sure missed you guys.  I'm still gonna keep out of the spec forum, but, yeah, I think I'll be hanging around here a little more.  I needed a break, and had a very busy summer.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:51:52 PM

proudhon! 

are you back for good?

cypher!  I've sure missed you guys.  I'm still gonna keep out of the spec forum, but, yeah, I think I'll be hanging around here a little more.  I needed a break, and had a very busy summer.

great to see you back; in bull's clothing (you can't hide it).

did you buy back yet?  only 1 day in BTC history where the price has closed higher than now!
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:26:06 PM

proudhon! 

are you back for good?

great to see you back; in bull's clothing (you can't hide it).

did you buy back yet?  only 1 day in BTC history where the price has closed higher than now!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'll just say that I'm happy with the decisions I've made this year.

dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:42:49 AM

is this video hosted somewhere else?  wont load for me.

thx~
kriwest

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:54:59 AM

thx~

Not loading here either.
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

Great interview, brought a tear to my eye.

I believe the foundation keeps a list of "experts" available for interviews. You need to be added to the list.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:53:31 PM

Thanks for sharing!

realitycheck

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

A credible interview - thanks.

CEX.IO  - Get yourself into bitcoin mining -no min starting point to figure out how it works while you mine.
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:27:39 PM

Outstanding job, Richard.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:59:10 PM

Wauw, an amazing interview Smiley Thanks so much Richard. People like you make it happen.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:24:23 PM

top notch!

I know IBM is a supplier for financial institutions, but do you guys by any chance also make software for law enforcement (or plan to do so)?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:02:07 AM

I don't buy the idea that companies doesn't want to be related to a currency involved with crime.
If that was the case, they would have to shy away from all currencies, especially fiat currencies.

Besides, btc is not involved in silk road, its the other way around.
StarfishPrime

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:13:48 AM

Brilliant interview. One of the best ever.

It's getting plenty of views on IBM/banking now that it's up on that channel too.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:40:51 AM

I don't buy the idea that companies doesn't want to be related to a currency involved with crime.
If that was the case, they would have to shy away from all currencies, especially fiat currencies.

It's about public opinion, which isn't always very rational.

You'll have to admit that Bitcoin still has a negative "hacker, criminal" image with many in the public.

Doesn't matter if the USD is the "most criminal currency" and the HSBC has been caught laundering billions for drug cartels.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
gendal (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:02:34 PM

thx~

It's now been posted to YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDO7TDMlxsY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYuBZVt_S82TGwoEgNqN8yg
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:09:01 PM

proudhon! 

are you back for good?

+1

Nice to see you're back.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:55:08 PM

The question is whether IBM is throwing its lot with Bitcoin, or if they are fishing for a federal contract to build a US Government-controlled Bitcoin competitor.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: