Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:03:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relatives newbies - does BTC's behavioural history comfort you or scare you?  (Read 69 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:02:28 AM

I've been sitting around here since 2013 along with many others. Many had to lay back and let Bitcoin slowly ream us until our botties were torn to shreds. If you'd arrived near the peak you had a three year wait to break even.

Because of this I'm not so sure the more jaded members who witnessed that can really judge the sentiment all that well. We've certainly gone a lengthy way down, but it hasn't so far been a hideous and seemingly eternal grind - so far. There've been signs of life along the way. In a way that feels a little bit too easy to me, but again perhaps I'm warped.

I for one think we can easily still go down significantly but I'm less convinced things can ever feel that completely lifeless again as it did for so long. But for many an alt all consideration is out the window as they went so mental and so many are even more of an outrageous bag of hot air than they were in 2013.

So if you are reading this and you're bright and shiny and newish arrival here, does looking at that 2014/15 massacre give you some comfort believing it can never be that bad again, or are you already puckering up and expecting it to happen?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: