Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling a large amount of BTC  (Read 2492 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:22:55 AM

I'm not sure yet, but I may want to sell 1000+ BTC in the next couple of weeks. If you can do this more cheaply than Bitstamp, PM me. Large US wire transfers (or similar) only. No ACH, PayPal, Western Union, etc.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 06:25:03 AM

Anyone with a clear conscientious should not trade with theymos. He is illegally selling off the forum's BTC for personal gain. People have donated to the forum for improvements, with the bitcoins sat unused and to pay to admin and moderators instead of being used to improve the forums. People did not donate so theymos can buy a new house. Please do not sell to theymos, and I hope bitstamp blocks his account
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:51:47 AM

Anyone with a clear conscientious should not trade with theymos. He is illegally selling off the forum's BTC for personal gain. People have donated to the forum for improvements, with the bitcoins sat unused and to pay to admin and moderators instead of being used to improve the forums. People did not donate so theymos can buy a new house. Please do not sell to theymos, and I hope bitstamp blocks his account

We should appreciate theymos' hard work to this community.

What the purpose of this selling? Or just because these bitcoins are your private property but not belong to this forum?

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:02:28 AM

We should appreciate theymos' hard work to this community.

What the purpose of this selling? Or just because these bitcoins are your private property but not belong to this forum?

Because asking someone on the internet is going to get a real answer
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:16:12 AM

Only ad revenue is used to pay the mods and admins, and only a portion of it.

Signature space available for rent.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:36:45 PM

This is a personal sale.

The forum is a separate entity. I am not the forum, and I do not own the forum. The forum's money is, except for very recent income, held in public cold storage addresses that you can verify the balance of. Much of the forum's BTC isn't even held by me.

Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:42:45 PM

I'm not sure yet, but I may want to sell 1000+ BTC in the next couple of weeks. If you can do this more cheaply than Bitstamp, PM me. Large US wire transfers (or similar) only. No ACH, PayPal, Western Union, etc.

Uh oh, this is a bad sign. Is something going on that you want to tell us about?
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:33:34 PM

Uh oh, this is a bad sign. Is something going on that you want to tell us about?

I doubt he has more insider knowledge like he did with GBLSE.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:03:29 PM

It's going to take a while to find a single buyer for that much BTC. Have you thought about breaking it up into smaller chunks?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:30:33 PM

It's going to take a while to find a single buyer for that much BTC. Have you thought about breaking it up into smaller chunks?

Smaller chunks are OK. PM me if you're interested in purchasing any large amount (at least 75 BTC).

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 09:42:03 PM

This is a personal sale.

The forum is a separate entity. I am not the forum, and I do not own the forum. The forum's money is, except for very recent income, held in public cold storage addresses that you can verify the balance of. Much of the forum's BTC isn't even held by me.

You say that the BTC is used to improve the forum.
Roughly, how much BTC is currently being held in cold storage, and what does the staff plan to use the money for?
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:22:29 PM

What do you mean cheaper then bitstamp?  For all the people complaining have any of you actually donated because I don't see any donator tags?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 12:50:46 AM

If you can give me a good deal I can buy up to $3,000.  I've bought BTC from a number of regulars here including Shakezula so I think I have a decent rep.  Let me know.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 12:52:25 AM

Smaller chunks are OK. PM me if you're interested in purchasing any large amount (at least 75 BTC).

Dang man, 1,000 BTC is $200,000?  Wow!

Did you mine that or are you a lucky visionary who bought in early?

Like I said, I can buy $3,000, maybe a little more if you can do a good deal.  Thanks.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 07:15:19 AM

Do you need an escrow?
I'll check with my contacts if they need big amounts from you. ttyl

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:22:13 AM

Does theymos need escrow? You pay first, he sends the bitcoins. You don't pay, he bans your account and labels you scammer instantly. Or he just ignores you until you do pay.

However, I'd be happy to do the escrow (or split it with ninjaboon and any others who can do it.) hehehe.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:20:00 PM

Dang man, 1,000 BTC is $200,000?  Wow!

Did you mine that or are you a lucky visionary who bought in early?

Like I said, I can buy $3,000, maybe a little more if you can do a good deal.  Thanks.

Vlad, lol, just so you know Theymos was one of the people behind the original Bitcoin Exchange (GLBSE) and is the person that runs this forum.  Notice the Administrator tag below his name.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:06:36 PM

I'm able to help you with this, but not at or above bitstamp prices.  PM me if you're interested.

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:03:53 AM

Hi,

I can Buy from you about 20 to 25 BTC .. Paying you PayPal & Skrill
Contact me plz Smiley

I thought OP said: 
No ACH, PayPal
GL

Dr-Exchanger

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

E-Currency Exchanger

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:04:46 AM

Hi,

I can Buy from you about 20 to 25 BTC .. Paying you PayPal & Skrill
Contact me plz Smiley

yeah.. theymos, the admin of the bitcoin forum is going to take paypal for btc... lol

Oh sorry, I didn't notice " No " Cheesy

Dr-Exchanger Shop :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308889.0

My BTC Wallet Address : 13rYGYYY82KLByaKGvUrGuqXWU5QDsc5zh

My LocalBitcoins Profile Link : https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Dr-Exchanger/

My FaceBook Profile : https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Exchanger
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: