Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:58:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldenTowns Game Is Accepting and Paying out in Bitcoins  (Read 27995 times)
globalvillage (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:29:56 PM

@Jabba...., so now you came here to stick in your paid signature...  oh boy

I think he was actually trying to defend you.

Ugh, you do seem like your posts are becoming lower quality each day. inb4yourrage.

So, you mean your posts there are higher quality: https://discussbitcoin.org/showthread.php?tid=127

ha ha ha...

Guys, if you contact me on PM with your username, I will send you 2 files, one with a town map and another with some basic tips

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:43:02 PM

A little more about the game and value of our refs there.

As you know, we get paid 10% from everything our refs produce from level 3 up
and as soon as our refs reach level 3, we can sell them for virtual gold in the affiliate market
and that gold we can exchange instantly for Euro or Bitcoins :-)

Do not sell good refs though, you will make from them much more later. 
My sponsor, kovandop, was sold when he was only at level 5 for...  guess how much?
He was sold him for 860 EURO!!! Now he is for sale for 2000 gold!
1 virtual gold is 4.75 euro when you are buying and 3.5 when you are selling, so yep, plenty of money.

Please go to the affiliate market (you find it when you click on the hand and then on Market)

and look at some prices there...  There really is a lot of money in this game...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:54:20 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 01:35:58 PM by Amph

how much cost producing gold from a level 2 gold mine?

i ask this, cuz my cost doubled after i fired one worker from the mine, to hire a new one, if that the case, then this whole thing is just a ponzy scam that force you to invest
leepsteer00

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:56:42 PM

@leepsteer00, in GoldenTown all the internal links do not open outside of our membership area. 

When you are in Press site, just go to the menu on the left side and click on the Bible, Bible is the FAQ and support

Okay, thanks !! =D
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:06:09 PM

i ask this, cuz my cost doubled after i fired one worker from the mine, to hire a new one, if that the case, then this whole thing is just a ponzy scam that force you to invest

Why would you fire a goldmine worker?

All costs go up the higher level the workplace. You get more goods for your time/energy however.

Why does everyone insist on calling this a scam? No one is forcing you to buy anything. On the contrary you can actually MAKE money - with no investment but time. Let's go over this again - you can (will) earn money every single day by clicking a few buttons. You must build up your city a bit first to get to that point.

Please, people, open your eyes and see the opportunity rather than the doubt.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:47:16 PM

@Jabba...., so now you came here to stick in your paid signature...  oh boy

I think he was actually trying to defend you.

Ugh, you do seem like your posts are becoming lower quality each day. inb4yourrage.

So, you mean your posts there are higher quality: https://discussbitcoin.org/showthread.php?tid=127

Yep, I don't fill DB with marketing shit constantly.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:05:35 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 06:19:13 AM by globalvillage

@Amph, there is a whole science ( well maybe not a science but a simple math) behind those gold prices.
Some members watch the Gold tab Activity site like hawks, allways ready to mine at the most profitable time.  

Look, the whole game market is based on real demand.  There are no fixed prices for anything, all the prices, including the price of mining gold, are based on number of sales in the last 24 hours. If there are more sales, the price increases, if less, the price gets cheaper to stimulate more sales...

When you click on the Gold tab, you will see the current price for gold, meaning how many resources it will take to mine one piece of gold.  Sometimes the price there is 1600, sometimes is only 100.  It all depends on how much gold was recently mined.  

Every hour the game fund provides maximum 3 gold for miners. In this page you can see the activity of gold mines all over the world. In order to extract the gold you need to build a gold mine. Extraction of gold requires resources. The raw material's quantity required to extract one gold is revised every hour and posted in this page.

The gold in the game, just like our bitcoin, it's a limited resource.  There  could never be more than 100,000 gold in circulation.  The game fund is constantly adjusting and controlling the amount of gold available to members.  So every hour the fund provides max 3 gold.  If the members mine more, the price to mine raises, if they mine less, the price declines.

"In the last 24 hours, miners extracted 75.22 gold. The last deposit was found 42 minutes ago"

In the last 24 hours members mined 75.22 gold, meaning they mined more then the set standard, the standard is no more than 3 gold per hour,
meaning (3x24) they mined over the limit and now, in the next hour, when the price will be adjusted, we can be sure the price will go up.

There is also one more indication, how long ego was found the last gold deposit...  and same, if it was longer then 3 hours, the price will go down, less - the price will go up.

These gold calculations are not very important at the beginning of the game, but as we progress to raw material and gold sellers, they are becoming more and more crucial... We are not playing any more, we are carefully calculating % of our profits :-)

Getting back to your issue with firing the worker.  Yep, at times, when we are low with our work force, we are pressed to do that, we fire here and hire there...  this is not a big deal, it costs us only 1 energy for each.  We can always hire our workers back.

One thing is sure, the more you play, the more variables you will find in this game and the more you will enjoy it.

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:25:56 PM

akeetlebeetle, I smile big time reading your reply. I think the same, no one is pressing anyone to invest anything there and... so many members are investing.  For, if we surely know, that we earn there without investment, then we start to calculate how much faster we would earn if we invested a little....

Please do not misunderstand me, this is not an invitation to invest, different members have different situations and different motivation, but all can try to play completely free.   When I was starting, I told my sponsor that I will give this game my very best for 2 weeks and then I would decide if I want to bother with it... The rest you know, I more then like it there and...  to tell you the truth, I am investing now in game shares and town shares, but please notice, this is strictly optional.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:29:53 PM

Why would you fire a goldmine worker?

All costs go up the higher level the workplace. You get more goods for your time/energy however.

Why does everyone insist on calling this a scam? No one is forcing you to buy anything. On the contrary you can actually MAKE money - with no investment but time. Let's go over this again - you can (will) earn money every single day by clicking a few buttons. You must build up your city a bit first to get to that point.

Please, people, open your eyes and see the opportunity rather than the doubt.

cuz he was dying
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:34:20 PM

Like akeetlebeetle told us, "All costs go up the higher level the workplace. You get more goods for your time/energy however."

Every level is more efficient, it gives us more gold per hour of production, and the cost of producing it is directly influenced by the level of our mine,
BUT it is also directly influenced by the current cost of mining, by the current cost of resources to mine 1 gold.

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:40:37 PM

cuz he was dying

Then that was super smart, bravo, you read your tutorial  Smiley

When worker lifetime is less then it would take for him to finish his production shift, our best move is to fire him.  It's cruel, but... economical  Wink

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:00:04 PM

actually i haven't read that part in the tutorial, was just common sense, to fire someone if he is dying, as i would do in real life lol
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:03:02 PM

ha ha, do not believe you about that real life part :-) 

Yep, you will build a nice city with your common sense... do not get discouraged, give yourself at least 2 weeks and then judge this game.

operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:20:58 PM

If I have gold and get attacked, do I loose some part of it ?
Or just 10% of my production (gold too) goes to the attacker as long as he occupy me?
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:51:07 PM

Or just 10% of my production (gold too) goes to the attacker as long as he occupy me?

Just the 10% of your production (until you kick the dude out).
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:00:39 PM

Town shares seem strange. It seems like you're forced to give away 10% of your profits again for no reason at all.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:16:33 AM

Town shares seem strange. It seems like you're forced to give away 10% of your profits again for no reason at all.

It's another way to share in the profits. Buy up shares from profitable town and collect when they make 100 (or 1 gold).
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:52:00 AM

Town shares are super if... you know what you are doing.

For members who do not have any reffs (my hubby for example) town shares are the main way to get free, extra resources.  They are choosing their shares carefully and treat them as a solid long term investment.

Other members, trade town shares strictly for a fast  profits.  They try to be one of the first to purchase new level 5 towns shares, then they wait till someone else buys more shares and sell their own right away.  Then they do same thing over and over, until they are ready to invest in some shares of well established, strong cities, which with their output will pay for themselves without selling.

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:59:38 AM

DC, yep, you are paying another 10% to your town fund, but then that fund is maintaining itself and paying out other members who purchased your shares. Another 10% in taxes... well you have to remember that this game is not only a town construction, but political simulator too  Wink

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:01:40 AM

Just the 10% of your production (until you kick the dude out).

Yep, another 10%, but it is not as hard (at least not yet) to defend the attacker.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: