Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:23:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldenTowns Game Is Accepting and Paying out in Bitcoins  (Read 27995 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:49:43 AM

Well, energy is always needed, but we spent it much less.  We collect our production from buildings on the 5th level every 48 hours...

I have a good news, I heard that the value of our gold and raw products will be very soon adjusted to make it more worthwhile to mine gold.  As it is at the moment, the price to mine 0. 0001 gold does not always warrant the price of spent for it raws . 
Yeah, we are mining way too many decimals on gold.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vani

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:11:27 AM

@Vani, it will get better and better with the energy.  

But an extra shot of energy, would carry you through these low levels much faster.

That is good to know. Then I will work harder to level up Wink

Thanks for all the information you give in this thread, it is really helpful and it is on my watchlist!

Eternity

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:43:51 AM

How much golds have you collected so far ?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:29:49 PM

Storage is an issue for me now. They should have specified the capacity of each level.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
globalvillage (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:09:57 PM

@Vani, thank you for reading   Smiley

@LaudaM, yes, the capacity of our warehouses were always stated in FAQ.

This is from FAQ, Building Types section:

Warehouses store raw materials.
A level 1 warehouse can store up to 600 raw material units.
Its capacity increases with 600 units / level, up to 3000 units at level 5.
The town’s storage capacity is the aggregated capacity of the warehouses.
If you have2 level 5 warehouses and a level 3 one, the storage capacity shall be 7800 raw material units.
Material warehouses use up to 5 employees.
If all the warehouses are full, you will no longer be able to store raw materials.

And if we are not able to store our materials, we simply loose them, which is painful but fair.
Every game has to be played according to its rules and although GoldenTowns it's a way to earn online money, it's a game too.

@Eternity, if you go to the Gold section, in Activity, you can see how much gold  specific members mined...

Your question is impossible for me to answer, it's a little like asking how much money I have in my wallet, ha ha

Plus, I really do not know my total, I care about how many mines I have and on what level.  I know that top players have already around 30- 35 level 5 mines,
so you can easily calculate how much gold they mine every 24 h and how much in total they have already collected ;-)

I am not even close to them yet, but I know that eventually I will get there.

Also, please notice, that small players mine at any price, big players seldom mine if the cost of gold is over 600 raws.
I know some who stay whole nights glued to their screens, to catch the right moment to produce their gold.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:12:21 PM

Storehouses are not really needed until later levels when you are upgrading/building new buildings. At the start of the game you should struggle with materials and will not keep more than 300 if you keep upgrading and building more regular.

But, I agree they should specify the capacity when hovering over it. Instead of having to look at the FAQ.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:49:37 PM

taxes are too high, also players under level 10 can't defend themselves, they should be immune to attack, another thing that force you to invest...
i will let all my town collapse instead lmao, i will not invest a single cent
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:29:48 AM

Are people under level 5 protected from wars?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
globalvillage (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:17:27 AM

Nope guys, GoldenTown considers level 3 members as full members, and from level 3, members start paying  taxes and start participating in wars and attacks.   But, those attacks would not be so frequent, for lower level members are not worth the cost of a soldier to occupy their town.  The occupant will pay more for the attack and occupation, then he will collect in taxes from lower level members.  So in reality, he will loose more than the attacked town. 

At this moment, we are not able to withdraw our forces from the occupied towns, but soon this option will be open and you will see many current occupants leaving without a fight.

Please notice the price of a soldier and calculate how many resources it would take to cover that price, many more than an average level 3-5 member produces.

As to what I wrote yesterday, the price of game gold has been already revised.  Now we can buy 1 game gold for 5.2 euro and sell it for 4.00 euro.  So according to prediction, the game gold is getting more and more valuable.

@ Amph, I am sorry but I have to strongly disagree, there is no one forcing anyone to invest, it is entirely up to you, you can keep on paying 10% taxes until you are ready to liberate yourself.  If you keep on playing and producing, eventually (even if the occupying troops would not get withdrawn or die (soldiers like workers have limited lifespan)) you will be able to purchase your soldiers from your produced gold or by training your own soldiers in the barracks.    Your town without investing would not collapse, but... you must keep on playing.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:20:00 AM

I'm only level 3 at the moment. It's a sad thing that I didn't know about taxes etc. Otherwise I could of become better prepared before levelling up so quick.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:49:22 AM

i'm paying 40% taxes now
at first they were only 20, now my country got occupied, and they rised to 40%, and i can't do nothing, cuz making troops will cost me much more than liberate myself, how stupid

i'm lucky that guizzo(the one with 900 population) belongs to the same country, tnx to him, hopefully we will make italy free again
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:33:38 PM

Also, please notice, that small players mine at any price, big players seldom mine if the cost of gold is over 600 raws.
I know some who stay whole nights glued to their screens, to catch the right moment to produce their gold.

how do they check when to mine?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:51:15 PM

i noticed , usually very soon in the morning   GMT time
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:25:31 PM

i'm paying 40% taxes now
at first they were only 20, now my country got occupied, and they rised to 40%, and i can't do nothing, cuz making troops will cost me much more than liberate myself, how stupid

i'm lucky that guizzo(the one with 900 population) belongs to the same country, tnx to him, hopefully we will make italy free again
There are some stupid aspects, I know.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:38:05 PM

This could of been a great game. But, they have too many aspects of the game which stop you from enjoying it. Such, as you come back every X amount of hours. That's not enjoyable. It's more like a routine.
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:53:15 PM

This could of been a great game. But, they have too many aspects of the game which stop you from enjoying it. Such, as you come back every X amount of hours. That's not enjoyable. It's more like a routine.

Think of it as an investment that you check a couple times a day.  Cool
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:56:33 PM

i noticed , usually very soon in the morning   GMT time

but what I have to check to know when to mine. I calculated, that if I use my lvl 1 mine, I have to pay 0.0024 (when i calculate to buy all resources on the market) gold to produce 0.0008 gold which is not worth it if I would like to produce it this way. But what are their calculations? They prefer to sell raw materials for gold instead of use it at mine or what?

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:04:33 PM

Think of it as an investment that you check a couple times a day.  Cool

Considering there is a limit to how much gold there can be and how much time I have on my hands. There isn't much money to be made on my behalf. Especially, if you have people that work from home. They can simply take a 5 minute break and do what they got to do in the game. Working a full time job, it's very hard.

Although, it takes a lot of time and effort to reach the ranks to be able to mine for gold. For example, many start mining at level 3 which is a silly idea. Unless, by that time they have all their resource buildings upgraded or they are very good at trading.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:11:44 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 04:47:53 PM by Amph

ok here the truth

1gr real gold = 703 virtual gold(it is said in the game)
there are 100K virtual gold in this game, then we have about 143gr real gold that are equal to = 4394 euro(1gr = 30.73 euro)
so the game is only backed with 4.4k euro

now i've read, that it is possible to mine only 72 virtual gold per days(3x24 hours)
this mean 1gr= 703 virtual gold = 30.73----->703:30.73=72:x----> x=(30.73x72)/703= 3.14 euro a day x 30= about 100 in one month

this mean that, even if you are the only miner, which isn't true, it's impossible to do more than 100 in one month, and someone already said that they are making 1k in one month.

but then you have that 1 virtual gold is 5 euro, something isn't right here lol
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

ok here the truth

1gr real gold = 703 virtual gold(it is said in the game)
there are 100K virtual gold in this game, then we have about 143gr real gold that are equal to = 4394 euro(1gr = 30.73 euro)
so the game is only backed with 4.4k euro

now i've read, that it is possible to mine only 72 virtual gold per days(3x24 hours)
this mean 1gr= 703 virtual gold = 30.73----->703:30.73=72:x----> x=(30.73x72)/703= 3.14 euro a day x 30= about 100 in one month

this mean that, even if you are the only miner, which isn't true, it's impossible to do more than 100 in one month, and someone already said that they are making 1k in one month.

but then you have that 1 virtual gold is 5 euro, something isn't right here lol

The game is too confusing. Their site has too many mistakes and errors. There's nothing right about this game.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: