Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy bitcoin using my local currency?  (Read 1092 times)
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 08:07:36 PM

I'm not living in USA, sometimes I sell goods to international customer and say that they can also pay bitcoin with much more easy steps, but there is no simple way for them to buy bitcoin

I think there should be one exchange for each different currency (with very low transaction fee), this will greatly increase the acceptance of bitcoin as a payment method

Seems we need market maker who have deep bitcoin/local currency reserve to play this role

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indicasteve

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 11:37:12 PM

What currency are you looking for?

As time goes on, and if there is a demand, I'm sure you will see an exchange pop up that will allow you to exchange to your own currency.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
NetTecture

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:12:44 AM

One porblem this has is that Bitcoin are not a currency.

If I were to sell bitcoin in my local market, for example, I would HAVE to add more than 20% to the price of the goods - MwST / VAT (european sales tax) like for any other good. I dont do that / have to do that for sales vdelivered out of europe, so MtGox and some other places are a goodlegal way to sell them without taking this hit (MtGox is a japanese company, the french company taking the money is just acting as agent, all sales are against the japanese entity).

This makes it hard to establish a local market legally.

It COULD work - needs a check - if one coult argue that Bitcon are not "in the country" but a certificate of ownership transfer. As long as the physical good (not existing) does not enter the EU no import / sales tax applies.

The same is with gold here.

Buy a gold bar: VAT has to be paid.
Buy a certificate for a gold bar in a swiss bank: no VAT Wink

Cleaning up this legal hurdle is significant - also as a progressing means. I Would LOVE to put up some bitcoin exchange business. Heck, I would LOVE to put up a BItCoin symbol on every of the windows of my new bitcoin mining data center Wink
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:57:05 AM

One porblem this has is that Bitcoin are not a currency.

If I were to sell bitcoin in my local market, for example, I would HAVE to add more than 20% to the price of the goods - MwST / VAT (european sales tax) like for any other good. I dont do that / have to do that for sales vdelivered out of europe, so MtGox and some other places are a goodlegal way to sell them without taking this hit (MtGox is a japanese company, the french company taking the money is just acting as agent, all sales are against the japanese entity).

This makes it hard to establish a local market legally.

It COULD work - needs a check - if one coult argue that Bitcon are not "in the country" but a certificate of ownership transfer. As long as the physical good (not existing) does not enter the EU no import / sales tax applies.

The same is with gold here.

Buy a gold bar: VAT has to be paid.
Buy a certificate for a gold bar in a swiss bank: no VAT Wink

Cleaning up this legal hurdle is significant - also as a progressing means. I Would LOVE to put up some bitcoin exchange business. Heck, I would LOVE to put up a BItCoin symbol on every of the windows of my new bitcoin mining data center Wink

This is a very good point!

I have bought bigcoin once as a gaming product. I wonder how VAT is calculated for those online digital sales like game and online game subscription?

johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 01:32:48 PM

But, is there a law that prohibit private produce of currency? Is FED a private owned organization?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: