Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter and Google joining war against crypto  (Read 477 times)
99th (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:45:36 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 09:07:10 AM by 99th

Well it looks like more great news for all of us (rolls eyes)...

In a new, unconfirmed report, Twitter will ban all crypto related ads in 2 weeks. This coming on the wake of Facebook banning crypto related ads.

Read more here: https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-cryptocurrency-ads-in-two-weeks-says-report/

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will change it's policy regarding financial services ads, and that means a ban on crypto related ads. This is going to absolutely tear the market to shreds even more than it is now. What a shame.

I hope all this shit will eventually be reversed because if this is a sign of things to come, we might end up with the blockchain, but without new cryptocurrencies/ICOs. I hate all the scams going around but some of these moves are over the top. This type of thing by Google may be too much for this infant industry to handle. This really sucks.

You can just Google this topic to find many sources, but here is a good write up to get you started:
https://medium.com/@Michael_Spencer/google-will-ban-crypto-ads-and-it-will-kill-icos-as-we-know-them-e0cb714f8d45

And the direct article from cointelegraph:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-to-ban-all-crypto-related-ads-starting-june-2018

So yeah, this could be a pretty rough entire year for crypto...not with a bull run in site. I, like many of you, wish for nothing but a turn around and optimistic future for the crypto space. I am not trying to spread fud, or create panic, I am only trying to make people aware of the news.

Possibly benefits of these bans:

- Reduction of scammy ICOs
- Reduction of paid phishing scam site ads on Google
- Increase in bounty pay for social media sites
- increase in quality crypto related content, products and services
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
m.sidorichev

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:52:21 AM

In a new, unconfirmed report, Twitter will ban all crypto related ads in 2 weeks. This coming on the wake of Facebook banning crypto related ads.

Read more here: https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-cryptocurrency-ads-in-two-weeks-says-report/

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will  hang it's policy regarding financial services ads and that means a most likely ban on crypto related ads.

You can just Google this topic to find many sources, but here is a good write up to get you started:
https://medium.com/@Michael_Spencer/google-will-ban-crypto-ads-and-it-will-kill-icos-as-we-know-them-e0cb714f8d45

https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-to-ban-all-crypto-related-ads-starting-june-2018

So yeah, this could be a pretty rough entire year for crypto...not with a bull run in site. I, like many of you, wish for nothing but a turn around and optimistic future for the crypto space. I am not trying to spread fud, or create panic, I am only trying to make people aware of the news.

And our Yandex is planning to start banning them too.
Actually I think they will only lose their money from ads.
The posts will be retwitted and reposted/shared and that sites won't earn their money Smiley
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:55:54 AM

This is all due to fraudulent ICOs. At current time 9 out of 10 ICOs are total scam. They do a fundraising and spend nothing on anything except for roaming around and spending in useless things. And it's a good move from social sites to block those ads until we have regulations of the ICOs.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:59:12 AM

It’s not war against google and Facebook doing this for less mg term benefit for cryptocurrency . If advertisement banned there will be less scammers and even it will reduce the money going out of the crypto community. So it’s all benefit crypto currency for long time.

99th (OP)

Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:59:57 AM

This is all due to fraudulent ICOs. At current time 9 out of 10 ICOs are total scam. They do a fundraising and spend nothing on anything except for roaming around and spending in useless things. And it's a good move from social sites to block those ads until we have regulations of the ICOs.

While I agree with this, I hope that Facebook, Twitter, and Google, all reverse these policies once we have some decent regulating bodies in place that can actually prevent all the fraudulent bullshit going on right now. The combination of those scams plus the bans is just a massive blow to the industry and we are all feeling the pain very heavily.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:02:08 AM

I'm tired of seeing my Twitter feed filled with ICO advertising, glad that will be over soon.

Google should've done that years ago, top ads for wallets, exchanges and other crypto related website searches were phishing, millions were lost because of these.

Pablojob

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

This is very nice,as soon as these giants banned all the cryptocurrencies ads the stakes in their social media platform would be bigger because the only way that these ICOs will be promoted is thru bounty hunters it only means hunters should be paid very well so that they will get promoted in the social media platform very well..
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:08:16 AM

It’s not war against google and Facebook doing this for less mg term benefit for cryptocurrency . If advertisement banned there will be less scammers and even it will reduce the money going out of the crypto community. So it’s all benefit crypto currency for long time.
i think so, with that way can increase ico quality so decrease scam ico. if ico have high quality so then many investor can saved their money.
we known many ico are only collecting investors fund and then dissapear
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:18:08 AM

Very true that these scam ICO did contribute of this banning but i think this move will also will favor the legit ICO in which this time they will ask the ICO of legal documents during acquiring their advertising services in which all of the fake ICO for sure cannot comply. Soon we can truly participate and join a legal projects without hesitation as this famous sites main objectives is the good welfare of their billions of users.
yomarve

Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 09:28:38 AM

Twitter or Facebook or Google are not warring against crypto. They just want to protect their users from fraudsters who spend few thousands of dollars to dupe people of their hard earned money.

Though it affects people, but then I wouldn't blame them.

https://cryptotvplus.com
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 09:29:37 AM

As much as ICOs are scam, people are stupid this is why we always lose lots of money. I think to stop them every measures must be taken immediately

onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:41:50 AM

More and more ads are being banned on a new platform every day. Seeing these news is really boring. Media is the biggest enemy of crypto money in the world Smiley
They know everybody will use crypto currencies and blockchain technology Smiley

Mallampue

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:44:48 AM

More and more ads are being banned on a new platform every day. Seeing these news is really boring. Media is the biggest enemy of crypto money in the world Smiley
They know everybody will use crypto currencies and blockchain technology Smiley

Yes, I am not worry if twitter, google or other are banned of crypto
they are scared in the future of the blockchain technology. Because Blockchain will be change the world someday.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:51:20 AM

I think this is positive. Once the ads are monitored closely, many fraudulent projects will be limited. This is good for cryptocurrency.
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 09:53:31 AM

I think this is the best response to the swindle ICO. But blockchain technology should not be ignored. Blockchain technology should be popularized in the future. It's time to supervise ICO.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 10:02:49 AM

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will change it's policy regarding financial services ads, and that means a ban on crypto related ads. This is going to absolutely tear the market to shreds even more than it is now. What a shame.

I hope all this shit will eventually be reversed because if this is a sign of things to come, we might end up with the blockchain, but without new cryptocurrencies/ICOs. I hate all the scams going around but some of these moves are over the top. This type of thing by Google may be too much for this infant industry to handle. This really sucks.

I do not think this is bad news for bounty hunters. I would compare this with the introduction of merit on bitcointalk. The participation rules for social networks will be toughened, the minimum number of subscribers to participate will increase, they will focus on whether subscribers are either bounty hunters or are interested in crypto currency. The number of participants will decrease, the amount of payments will increase, the quality of posts will increase.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:12:04 AM

The benefits quoted in the thread query speak for themselves. I fail to see the reason for such a hue and cry over a ban that just might end up helping everyone, sifting the scams into oblivion. As for useful projects, a product speaks for itself, and there are myriad other ways to reach the masses, an idea, a big name and team, and the right backing cannot be so easily stumped. I think its time we stopped stoking every fire announcing the death of crypto, creating a pyre ourselves.
andrey755

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:20:44 AM

Well, so far only advertising and not technology, and this is done for our benefit to protect against fraudulent ICO. The rules of participation will now be tightened and will become more quality participants.
travelgear17

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:20:50 AM

The bans are just another hit at Cryptos, and even though we see Bitcoin at a low, it doesn't mean the top social media platforms will stop the domino of crypto. In reality, it is going to lose when development globally builds new alternatives. For instance, ArtBit is an ICO for Artist, it means artist will not need a manager nor will they need sign up licenses with recording studios. Finally, the independent artist will get the full 100% earnings from their original content which means individualism is active for all who pursue in the arts.
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:25:03 AM

On the contrary, after Google refuses to advertise cryptocurrency, the market should grow. Mostly Google is buying traffic and scam projects.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: