Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:37:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter and Google joining war against crypto  (Read 479 times)
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:49:34 PM

Social media sites imposed control over crypto currency ads to protect people from scams and the use of media to spread projects that will not help people as well as the economy to grow. Though this is a good thing to consider but this also make the crypto popularity decreases and might affect the current demand and market status.
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:54:39 PM

I'm tired of seeing my Twitter feed filled with ICO advertising, glad that will be over soon.

Google should've done that years ago, top ads for wallets, exchanges and other crypto related website searches were phishing, millions were lost because of these.

These major companies have their own benefits that they can not hide because of their current moves.
I don't know exactly what benefits they are getting because of their bans but it is for sure very good when they are baning the coins from their platforms.
I personally also am not happy with their moves because every investor can decide for himself if he wants to choose some project or not.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 05:26:22 AM

Well it looks like more great news for all of us (rolls eyes)...

In a new, unconfirmed report, Twitter will ban all crypto related ads in 2 weeks. This coming on the wake of Facebook banning crypto related ads.

Read more here: https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-cryptocurrency-ads-in-two-weeks-says-report/

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will change it's policy regarding financial services ads, and that means a ban on crypto related ads. This is going to absolutely tear the market to shreds even more than it is now. What a shame.

I hope all this shit will eventually be reversed because if this is a sign of things to come, we might end up with the blockchain, but without new cryptocurrencies/ICOs. I hate all the scams going around but some of these moves are over the top. This type of thing by Google may be too much for this infant industry to handle. This really sucks.

You can just Google this topic to find many sources, but here is a good write up to get you started:
https://medium.com/@Michael_Spencer/google-will-ban-crypto-ads-and-it-will-kill-icos-as-we-know-them-e0cb714f8d45

And the direct article from cointelegraph:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-to-ban-all-crypto-related-ads-starting-june-2018

So yeah, this could be a pretty rough entire year for crypto...not with a bull run in site. I, like many of you, wish for nothing but a turn around and optimistic future for the crypto space. I am not trying to spread fud, or create panic, I am only trying to make people aware of the news.

Possibly benefits of these bans:

- Reduction of scammy ICOs
- Reduction of paid phishing scam site ads on Google
- Increase in bounty pay for social media sites
- increase in quality crypto related content, products and services
The report has already been confirmed. Twitter in going to ban all crypto related ads following Google and Facebook in this decision. Google will take actions upon ads related to crypto currencies and ICO in the start of June month.

We have already seen quite big crash in the market recently due to these social media banning crypto news and due to governments of countries trying to break down on ICO’s and trying to regulate them. According to me its great that crypto ads are being banned, now people will invest in established and well know crypto assets rather than entering ICO’s and new projects.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:46:58 AM

I agree with the opinion that Google and other organizations are not against cryptocurrency but against financial fraud connected with them. After I'm sure that after these steps, the quality of crypto content in social networks and the media as a whole will improve much.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:52:09 AM

In a new, unconfirmed report, Twitter will ban all crypto related ads in 2 weeks. This coming on the wake of Facebook banning crypto related ads.

Read more here: https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-cryptocurrency-ads-in-two-weeks-says-report/

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will change it's policy regarding financial services ads, and that means a ban on crypto related ads. This is going to absolutely tear the market to shreds even more than it is now. What a shame.

I hope all this shit will eventually be reversed because if this is a sign of things to come, we might end up with the blockchain, but without new cryptocurrencies/ICOs. I hate all the scams going around but some of these moves are over the top. This type of thing by Google may be too much for this infant industry to handle. This really sucks.

You can just Google this topic to find many sources, but here is a good write up to get you started:
https://medium.com/@Michael_Spencer/google-will-ban-crypto-ads-and-it-will-kill-icos-as-we-know-them-e0cb714f8d45

https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-to-ban-all-crypto-related-ads-starting-june-2018

So yeah, this could be a pretty rough entire year for crypto...not with a bull run in site. I, like many of you, wish for nothing but a turn around and optimistic future for the crypto space. I am not trying to spread fud, or create panic, I am only trying to make people aware of the news.

The report has already been confirmed. Twitter in going to ban all crypto related ads following Google and Facebook in this decision. Google will take actions upon ads related to crypto currencies and ICO in the start of June month.

We have already seen quite big crash in the market recently due to these social media banning crypto news and due to governments of countries trying to break down on ICO’s and trying to regulate them. According to me its great that crypto ads are being banned, now people will invest in established and well know crypto assets rather than entering ICO’s and new projects.
This seems like a double edged sword to me. On one hand, the bad news is affecting the market in a bad way. On the other hand, popular cryptocurrencies will receive more attention as you said which is a good thing. I feel that this move is actually worth it since this should help the entire crypto market in the long run which is why I am not sad about these new changes by Google, Twitter etc. Some people might feel like dumping all their assets since they fear such big companies, but this will not slow down crypto in the long run and Bitcoin has proved this time and time again.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:57:22 AM

Although this is a big blow for advertise who want to gain paid traffic with their ICOs, I am totally in favor of banning them for good. You know why? It will finally reduce the chances of scammy ICOs and other fraudulent Bitcoin opportunities of getting a lot of exposure in the form of paid advertisements. However, organic search and communities would remain as ease. I don’t know if LinkedIn would be the next in line to impose a ban to crypto ads.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:57:57 AM

This is all due to fraudulent ICOs. At current time 9 out of 10 ICOs are total scam. They do a fundraising and spend nothing on anything except for roaming around and spending in useless things. And it's a good move from social sites to block those ads until we have regulations of the ICOs.
Indeed. Many ICO’s nowadays are either scam, or their project doesn’t prove strong enough after the launch. Therefore, it’s a good step taken by social media to stop promoting such ICO’s and tokens therefore securing the people that visit their site. This step helps protect the investors from fraud activities and scams. Regulation of ICO’s in recently the main aim of governments in the crypto sections. Security and protection of investors is must and necessary step from the scam and ponzi scheme ICO’s.
burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:38:31 AM

Facebook, google and twitter's direction to ban crypto ads have both positive and negative impact to the crypto world. The positive impact would me minimizing scam ICOs. Minimizing the fraudulent ICOs would help reduce misconception against the cryptocurrency. The negative impact is we lose the opportunity promoting ico projects to two of the most visited social media and one of the top search engine. It is a challenging year for bitcoin because of this, however, all we need is to adjust.

anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:46:53 AM

You are not creating Fud or panic but emphasizing the reality before all of us. Like the possible advantages of these ban  which  are, Reduction of scammy ICOs ,  Reduction of paid phishing scam site ads on Google,  Increase in bounty pay for social media sites and  increase in quality crypto related content, products and services. These are also for the good of cryptocurrency and holders.

nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:51:18 AM

Damn this is terrible, like the current market condition is not enough, and there're more things that most likely gonna make the market even fall deeper? Sighs.
Well it's both good and bad things about the ban though, but i'm worried that the more big names like google, facebook, and twitter throw something against bitcoin, the more people will think bad of bitcoin, and maybe can lead to the end. Still, it'll be nice if it can reduce scam icos and such.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:03:18 AM

For me this is no war against crypto, If you've ever been scammed by this ads then you will understand why it is necessary.
They have a right to protect their users, genuine ICOs will find legitimate means of advertising.
You've also listed the advantages of this moves to cryptocurrency.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:10:01 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 07:23:51 AM by Dheo

For me this is no war against crypto, If you've ever been scammed by this ads then you will understand why it is necessary.
They have a right to protect their users, genuine ICOs will find legitimate means of advertising.
You've also listed the advantages of this moves to cryptocurrency.

Many people victims of scam ang some of the main reason is they see it in social media but take a look at this, all of us has obligation to ourself, we don't need to believe easily on what we see in any advertise, all we need is to study about the crypto.
its our responsibility to make sure that we don't invest in scam.
jackylion

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:15:12 AM

At present, the scams have grown so much, they have taken advantage of social networking sites to reach out to investors. They cheated so many people while their coin projects were ghosts. I think the decision of Twitter, google and facebook is right; In order to prevent ICO scammers from thriving in the market.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
Bernardo lewanusa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:16:03 AM

this is good news.
because to further re-select ICO to be promoted, and also many advantages gained, for example the decimation of the ICO scam.
they forbid it because there is a certain purpose, not without cause. later also good for future ico.
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:17:40 AM

There is no name of war, it is just fake news to drop the price of cryto on the market. So far twitter, google and crypto are fine, maybe there's a bit of a problem but that's overwhelming by irresponsible people.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:05:28 AM

google should not banned ico ads, they should have a solution to overcome the phishing site and scam site, they could just regulate and perform a special verification filter for ico projects that want to advertise their ico in google ads

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:07:57 AM

It’s not war against google and Facebook doing this for less mg term benefit for cryptocurrency . If advertisement banned there will be less scammers and even it will reduce the money going out of the crypto community. So it’s all benefit crypto currency for long time.
True. Though we might experience some dip and crash in the market due to the news of government regulating ICO’s and social media banning crypto advertisements, but it will surely prove beneficiary in the future.

Once the promotion of ICO’s stop, the scams and fraud activities will reduce and people will look into pouring and investing money in those crypto coins that are already well established in the market such as BTC,ETH and XRP rather than investing in some scam ICO’s and losing money which flows out of the crypto market.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:21:40 AM

When twitter and  facebook ban crypto Ads,  it is sure  an opportunity  for other  social media platform to emerge and  a  plus  to Bitcointalk.org as  crowd  will increase, There  is  a need  for  regulators  in the  cypto  space to  reduce  scammers taking  over  the  space.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:23:22 AM

I don't think if you look carefully in Twitter,crypto and blockchain has become mainstream topic and all blockchain and crypto associated user base is on the line,if they do something stupid and they will loose a high number of user,as per Google there was recent news that they are going in blockchain world , but I think they are just putting restrictions and that is good also  as it will avoid scam ico ,
just_strange32

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:28:42 AM

The ICO market is growing fast, causing an increase in fraudulent ICO. It is not easy to detect and prevent ICO fraud and can not be made immediately. Therefore, social networking sites are heating up the issue of banning ICO ads before managers have a good ICO management approach.
I agree !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: