Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter and Google joining war against crypto  (Read 478 times)
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:36:24 AM

Even if Twitter chose to ban any crypto ad related content in order to protect their users, I don't think that all the bounty hunters -who are also users- will be very happy with that decision.
For individuals like me that's not very important, but for teams who earn most part of their earnings from bounties (the same that we find here with multi accounts...) it is a very bad new.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:55:32 AM

I'm tired of seeing my Twitter feed filled with ICO advertising, glad that will be over soon.

Google should've done that years ago, top ads for wallets, exchanges and other crypto related website searches were phishing, millions were lost because of these.
Back then, there were not many scam ICO and exchanges in the market. The number has significantly increased when the market was in hype in previous year and all were looking towards cryptos. I think Google will ban most of the advertisements of exchanges too, but not of all.

Advertisements for websites and wallets for storing crypto currencies will surely be banned, but I doubt about exchanges. Exchanges are getting regulated nowadays and most of them ask for KYC details and other verification details and are transparent to the government. Those exchanges will surely stay and won’t be banned for advertisements.
Vinowe

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:24:46 AM

I think this will be maybe is a good thing to prevent a lot of scam and ponzi schemes to spread on the global Google platform ADs, in other way this decision is bad to the good and genuine projects that would to advertise widely.
Psalmy2cute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:30:42 AM

Mehn will crypto currency be able to survive... What's gonna happened from here is this the end of bitcoin??
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:39:22 AM

this is good news as well as bad news, finally twitter join the war too for against scammer and to protect investors from fraud.
but I think it just temporary until they find the best solution of this problem.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:21:04 AM

Well, i don't think so. If you look carefully in Twitter,crypto and blockchain has become mainstream topic and all blockchain and crypto associated user base is on the line,if they do something stupid and they will loose a high number of user,as per Google there was recent news that they are going in blockchain world , but I think they are just putting restrictions and that is good also  as it will avoid scam ICO.
juditPolgar

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:57:18 AM

My comment is This course will greatly reduce the number of frauds, but still will not solve the problem.
and they decided not to spend money on crypto education and they just want to avoid scandal letting people advertise fraud.

Gorodcoin

Activity: 264
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:01:33 AM

They are not against crypto, the run against scam projects advertising, a lot of people lose their money by "investing" in such projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: