Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:09:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategies to increase Bitcoin holdings using only Bitcoin  (Read 2391 times)
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:57:34 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned gambling yet. "Just-Dice" is a fair spot to play.

Other than that - Investing, Lending, 'Shorting' (converting to Fiat), and buying up Litecoin are all good examples.

Gambling will generally lose you coins, not earn you.

I mean, I suppose you could be like "ok, I'm going to martingale ONCE" and be practically assured a profit, but if you take into account the minute chance you will lose everything, your expected return is still negative.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:01:47 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned gambling yet. "Just-Dice" is a fair spot to play.

Other than that - Investing, Lending, 'Shorting' (converting to Fiat), and buying up Litecoin are all good examples.

I mean, I suppose you could be like "ok, I'm going to martingale ONCE" and be practically assured a profit, but if you take into account the minute chance you will lose everything, your expected return is still negative.

I certainly agree, but we're just talking "strategies" to increase Bitcoin holdings..of which I'd argue gambling (like investing in random Securities) fits right in. Since there's no "sure thing" in Bitcoin, that leaves both Investing and Lending open to risks that may just put them on par with gambling anyway.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:20:44 AM

I certainly agree, but we're just talking "strategies" to increase Bitcoin holdings..of which I'd argue gambling (like investing in random Securities) fits right in. Since there's no "sure thing" in Bitcoin, that leaves both Investing and Lending open to risks that may just put them on par with gambling anyway.

Gambling is a pretty good strategy to consistently lose money. It's not one to make money unless you're the house.
tomatitotarifa (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:35:09 AM

Thanks. Checking Mastercoins at the moment, but can't really understand it's benefits yet.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:22:38 AM

Thanks. Checking Mastercoins at the moment, but can't really understand it's benefits yet.

I think it's BTC blockchain SPAM.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:30:13 AM

Let's say you wanna spend 10BTC in Mastercoins.

Trade wisely the 8BTC and invest the other 2 just in case...

No need to go in depth of what it is.

Though long story short we have 2 major features with MSC:

1) Pegged currencies (risky)
2) Distributed currency/stock exchanges, distributed e-commerce

BTCT,MtGox,SilkRoad on roids!!
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:39:00 AM

great way to lose money by investing in something you don't even know what it is.
But going back to gambling, one can profit by actually creating a simple gambling site or buy one already completed and advertise it like in normal business.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:16:49 AM

great way to lose money by investing in something you don't even know what it is.
But going back to gambling, one can profit by actually creating a simple gambling site or buy one already completed and advertise it like in normal business.
Sure, I already made my initial investment back at x10 and now enjoying the ride!

FYI I am a programmer and I can tell that the devs working on it atm are some of the best, especially Tachikoma.

Compared to the shit foundation only gmaxwell is bright enough...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: