Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The boat is still here  (Read 2078 times)
Inedible (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:23:03 PM

The only people on here that have any chance at making REAL money are the people who basically got their coins for less than $1000. They know who they are and they are smart. They are the ones pimping and hyping the shit out of bitcoins. I have been rebuffed for used stocks as an example but it applies to bitcoins. The people who have gotten in on the big companies and made their millions and millions are the ones who got in at the right time. Coke, microsoft, apple etc the list goes on. The ordinary joe is going to get rich on an obscure stock now? They're going to catch the boat. Opportunities come around many times in a persons life and right now at $200 the boat is still in dock. even at $100 or $50 the boat was believed to be gone! EVEN if you don't have a ton of money to begin with and my point is then moot. Can you imagine having 10 bitcoins and you paid $2000 for them? Now you have smart people scraping $1000 together to buy 5 coins. Do you see what I mean?

Now I have a question for the naysayers. Tell me there isn't an investment past or present(not a stock) that costs $200 or less that anyone could buy that made that person a millionaire. The only caveat is that the investment had/has to be a fully disseminated idea that the world knows/knew about. So in other words the person got in AFTER THE FACT and made millions off of a smart investment.

Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:28:46 PM

Fleabag won't be happy.  Cheesy

Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:39:03 PM

Fleabag won't be happy.  Cheesy

And the world shall not shed a single tear.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:59:34 PM

I'm getting tired of this boat already. I don't think I like it anyway. I'd rather have a ship, or perhaps a yacht...

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:19:27 PM

The only people on here that have any chance at making REAL money are the people who basically got their coins for less than $1000. They know who they are and they are smart. They are the ones pimping and hyping the shit out of bitcoins. I have been rebuffed for used stocks as an example but it applies to bitcoins. The people who have gotten in on the big companies and made their millions and millions are the ones who got in at the right time. Coke, microsoft, apple etc the list goes on. The ordinary joe is going to get rich on an obscure stock now? They're going to catch the boat. Opportunities come around many times in a persons life and right now at $200 the boat is still in dock. even at $100 or $50 the boat was believed to be gone! EVEN if you don't have a ton of money to begin with and my point is then moot. Can you imagine having 10 bitcoins and you paid $2000 for them? Now you have smart people scraping $1000 together to buy 5 coins. Do you see what I mean?
 Grin
*applause*
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:25:12 PM

nice boat.

(ok, probably most people here don't know where that comes from, here you go http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nice-boat)
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:51:45 PM

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

the boat may still be here, but the train has left.

choo choo .... choo choo...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:56:30 PM

I think it is worth remembering that this is not a stock and does not perform like one. Stocks have a limit on their growth based on the value of the company, bitcoin does not. Stocks have a minimum valuation below which the company becomes insolvent and collapses. No such thing in bitcoin.  Bitcoin works if coins are $10k or $1.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:02:38 PM

+1
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:19:35 PM

Now I have a question for the naysayers. Tell me there isn't an investment past or present(not a stock) that costs $200 or less that anyone could buy that made that person a millionaire. The only caveat is that the investment had/has to be a fully disseminated idea that the world knows/knew about. So in other words the person got in AFTER THE FACT and made millions off of a smart investment.

Grin

your not funny.
hlynur

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:22:40 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 07:35:04 PM by hlynur

I think it is worth remembering that this is not a stock and does not perform like one. Stocks have a limit on their growth based on the value of the company, bitcoin does not. Stocks have a minimum valuation below which the company becomes insolvent and collapses. No such thing in bitcoin.  Bitcoin works if coins are $10k or $1.
+1

btc will be used as a tool by humanity depending on the different historical stages.
right now global economy is struggling so btc is used more as a hedging commodity against the inflation of world currencies/ongoing era at the edge of next crisis.
when times are changing and everyday-use of btc is growing probably its use as a currency will evolve or its replaced by a more sophisticated successor.

your not funny.
i have to disagree, it's highly humorous. let's call it the walsorajan approach  Wink

Pruden

Activity: 496

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:15:08 PM

I'm getting tired of this boat already. I don't think I like it anyway. I'd rather have a ship, or perhaps a yacht...

It's a fourteen-carat yatch, of course!

(It's what played at bitcoinity the first time MtGox went over 200$, I had to mention it  Wink )
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:45:55 PM

mmd  Grin oh Bender

@OP: i swear i have read this post somewhere before  Huh
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:50:15 PM

The only people on here that have any chance at making REAL money are the people who basically got their coins for less than $1000.

All I needed to read. Nice try  Cheesy

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:01:48 PM

your not funny.
i have to disagree, it's highly humorous. let's call it the walsorajan approach  Wink

What happened to jaroslaw anyway?
xorglub

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:43:30 PM

Someone with the guts to hold coins bought at $30 in 2011 would fare wery well today, and by the looks of it in a few months from now the same will be said about those who bought at $266...
hlynur

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:54:45 PM

your not funny.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=101735

nobody knows...
either he turned upside down in the truest sense of the word
or he got bored seeing his controverse appearance being trolled.

the height of walsoraj performance was quoting his uneven brother  Cheesy
(can't find the post right now though)

Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:07:21 AM

your not funny.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=101735

nobody knows...
either he turned upside down in the truest sense of the word
or he got bored seeing his controverse appearance being trolled.

the height of walsoraj performance was quoting his uneven brother  Cheesy
(can't find the post right now though)

Gotta hand it to walsoraj though, f*cking brilliant. I laughed my ass off first time I saw his profile. (I wanna know if its the same guy, or a truly awesome troll)
hlynur

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:11:33 AM

Gotta hand it to walsoraj though, f*cking brilliant. I laughed my ass off first time I saw his profile. (I wanna know if its the same guy, or a truly awesome troll)
Cheesy, me too
everytime when gox was in slow-mo he made observerthread quite entertaining.
he isn't purely trolling though, sometimes he has a point.

here's one for the cult

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: