Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal for the cleanness of the forum  (Read 118 times)
DeepChipolino (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

If this theme has already been raised, I will ask to moderator to delete this topic.

The forum, I often see strange messages. At first sight. Look.

User with a nickname Rusa132 cites messages without any comments: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2245156.msg31721750#msg31721750
If the quote one-two lines of text, maybe I did not pay attention. But the whole announce with pictures!.. Looking at this profile, you can see that user has all the messages just quotes.
Also in the completed bounty there are often such reports: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2461585.msg32692275#msg32692275
When there are several such messages in a row, we have to scroll a lot. Others laugh at the empty work (see the next post).

I have nothing against these accounts, everyone has the right to write anything. But do not disturb others. Someone can say, if you do not like — your problems. And here we can see some strange activity, it does not even look like shitposting.
Yes, you can say that there is the button "Ignore".  At this forum I am less than six months old. At the same time, I began to notice many similar situations more and more, despite the innovation with merits. This clogs the forum. Ignore button may overheat).

Is it possible to automate the search for such posts as quoting without comment and regularly quoting many reports after the end of the bounty? If such activity is detected, the user will receive a PM with a warning, ect.
Please, any suggestions.

Sorry for my English. I'm working for fixing this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:39:17 PM

I've suggested that quotes are reduced to maybe 10 lines or so, and an expand button is included at the bottom of the quote.
I've seen this on several forums, and it works well. There is nothing more annoying than seeing multiple quotes of the same long-arsed verbose post. This is especially true if the quoted poster is on ignore for verbosity.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

Since last week I've been seeing a few post which didn't include any post at all just a quoted message, but it is not a tremendous issue.
the issue they are worrying is if the words of the ICO/information is indeed spread.
But it will not become a forum issue AFAIK.

And the other one they can just edit their quote in the first comment.

they have a certain requirements to post your link for bounty in twitter, facebook, etc. it is not necessary to quote your weekly contribution.
The bounty manager can handle it with ease as long as the campaign manager is checking the day to day update in the official bounty thread.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:36:27 PM

Use the report to moderator feature with your reasons (you have options to give your reasons).

By the way it really is a good pick from you. It looks really annoying when they do it too much. I hope on the forum rules they must have some guidelines to improve it.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
DeepChipolino (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:54:37 PM

Button of the quote will not save the forum from empty quotes. Rather, on the contrary.

The report to the moderator does not clear the problem. But adds work for moders. I propose to do a script or something like that to eliminate such clogging, of course, if there is such a possibility.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: