Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:01:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your prospective about short term mining coin picking?  (Read 121 times)
SelectProduce (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:02:22 PM

My prospective is that I don't rely care what to mine, I have no problem with shitcoins because I have no intention holding them for long. I am interested to mine as much as possible and then convert them to a more mature and stable coin (BTC, ETH…) or to Fiat. And can do so on daily or weekly basis.

Which means that the fundamentals (Dev team track record, real world application …) of the coin are not very important, because I am not looking for the next ETH that can potently go to the moon only a coin with very low mining difficulty and an exchange where I can trade it.

The coin can be the next BTC, a 1:1 clone of another coin, have zero innovation or a total scam, it doesn’t really matter if the holding interval is very short.
Writing this post actually helped me to formulate my thoughts better. I would love to hear why I am wrong or right and get more prospective about short term mining coin picking.

If I am totally wrong, I would be really glad to hear how you go beyond the hassle free WhatToMine level average reward mining to the next and more rewarding level at which you spend some time each day to pick the new and not yet high mining difficulty coin.

I am not expecting to be spoon feed I am just looking for some prospective. So far I came across Crypto-CoinZ which looks like a version of WhatToMine for new coins and also read to in a few threads to look at the announcement forum at bitcointalk to find out new coins. But was unable to came across anything that convinced me that there is anything beyond: "Pick newest coin possible(bitcointalk) > mine it while difficulty is low> convert to a stable coin every day> pick newest coin possible…

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:27:30 PM

Well there is spec mining. also could be argued that it is easier and takes less time to just choose something like ETH and let the rigs run rather than always having to trade the new coins.
tbum2

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:26:59 PM

I have two approaches.  I love to mine a new coin and hope when it hits the exchange it pops a bit.   Certainly, it may not and I'm forced to either dump or hodl.  ETN recent example of this working,  but I have two more new coins that i'm having currently having to hodl because there is not profit at this point.  Another method is to mine something like ETH and sell to move into other things.  Certainly the easiest and least amount of risk.  I try and steadily move minging profits from Alts to BTC.  Harder lately though with fewer profits. 
begnme

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:33:41 PM

When I started mining I did a bunch of trial and error and I learned a lot doing this. I have tired a few different approaches suggested on this forum. In my experience I have found it is best to mine the must valuable coin that you think is the best one. If the hardware you have is not up to this than mine the most valuable coin your hardware supports and convert it over to the above coin. Now if you want to speculate on something new or that you don't own buy some using your exchange balance. My two favorite coins are Bitcoin and Etherum. The speculative coins I have bought and mined are ripple, zec, and btg. I continue to mine Etherum. I have not had any reason to cash anything out. My future plan is to wait for the value to peak and then sell enough to at least recoup my initial investment and maybe take some profit to buy something nice. I will leave the rest for a rainy day. 
afaq78

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:41:43 AM

My approch is to mine that coin whos reward is high so you will mine good numbers of coin and then exchange that coins to your favourite coin (my favourite is BTC)

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:59:52 AM

Whatever you or other miners do, it's entirely nothing's wrong with what they do in the way to do mining. Every miner has own passion, consideration, research, and experience. Also has own calculation to make a decision which coins will be mined.

Even sometimes I do the same as you, but when am busy, I just pointing my Rig to solid coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: