Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Plans to Remove 82 Delisted Token Wallets  (Read 163 times)
Poink (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:08:08 PM

In case anyone missed this news...

https://cryptoslate.com/bittrex-plans-remove-82-delisted-token-wallets-violating-terms-service/

The entire list of coins that will be removed include:

8BIT
    ADC
    AM
    AMS
    APEX*
    ARB
    BITS*
    BITZ*
    BLC
    BOB
    BSTY
    BTA
    CCN
    CRBIT*
    CRYPT*
    DAR
    DGC
    DRACO
    DTC
    FC2
    FRK
    FSC2*
    GEMZ
    GHC
    GP
    GRT
    HKG
    HYPER*
    HZ
    J
    KR*
    LXC*
    MAX
    MEC
    METAL
    MND
    MTR*
    MZC
    NAUT
    NET
    NEU*
    NTRN
    OC*
    ORB
    PRIME*
    PXI
    ROOT*
    SCOT
    SCRT*
    SFR*
    SLG
    SLING*
    SOON
    SPRTS
    SSD*
    STEPS*
    STV
    SWING
    TES
    TIT
    TRI
    TRK
    U*
    UFO
    UNIQ*
    UNIT
    UNO
    UTC
    VIOR*
    VIRAL*
    VPN
    WARP*
    XAUR
    XBB
    XC
    XCO
    XDQ*
    XPY*
    XQN
    XSEED*
    XTC
    YBC*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

Thanks for the Info.What to you think of the rumour that coinbase will buy Bittrex (so bittrex is starting to delist all security like tokens)?

Cheers
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:13:29 PM

Thanks for the Info.What to you think of the rumour that coinbase will buy Bittrex (so bittrex is starting to delist all security like tokens)?

Cheers

There are really good coins out there and some of them have good value actually, I've always notice UNO and its value every time I go check coins on coinmarketcap.  Bittrex had been delisting a lot of coins since time before the rumor that you mention. But it must be worth reading. Where did you get the info, can you provide us the rumor's link?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

Cheers
Wow is the info true that coinbase will buy Bittrex? Can you provide reliable reference information?

I do not understand because currently Bittrex is one of the best exchange that has security features and also very good trust. For me Bittrex is on the top level and coinbase is under it, as it is impossible. But with money everything can be bought. Try maybe someone can explain better.

Oh yes the removal of coin in Bittrex is a good move, some coins that do not have prospects are deserved to be removed from the list owned by Bittrex. It is a good move to improve the existence of Bittrex as an exchange that does have a quality coin.
Poink (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:20:52 PM

Cheers

AFAIK, they are delisting to meet SEC requirements. 

I haven't heard of that rumor and while it is possible, IMHO-unlikely.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:37:41 PM

check out coin mastery youtube channel the last episode. Hey tries to look at the bigger picture (which i like). He makes the case that coinbase wants to push in the altcoin market and bittrex would be the ideal candidate to takeover. I kind of like the idea with circle and cobinhood coming up as competition. Bittrex + coinbase Teamup=alts with fiat gateway. Although i admit its a long shot but worth to keep in mind

Cheers
Poink (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:49:59 PM

check out coin mastery youtube channel the last episode. Hey tries to look at the bigger picture (which i like). He makes the case that coinbase wants to push in the altcoin market and bittrex would be the ideal candidate to takeover. I kind of like the idea with circle and cobinhood coming up as competition. Bittrex + coinbase Teamup=alts with fiat gateway. Although i admit its a long shot but worth to keep in mind

Cheers

It is indeed a nice team-up but the reason I said unlikely is;
- Bittrex will not give up a lucrative position...unless they are in financial trouble (that we don't know about).
- Coinbase won't pay for an "expensive exchange" when they can easily create one themselves.  They already have the know-how and the customer base (most important part).

As it is, a merger is a "loss" to either party (rather a potential financial disadvantage to one) .
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:10:57 PM

And I guess coinbase will also have access to the data of bittrex, its like a good news bad news joke already.

Cheers

It is indeed a nice team-up but the reason I said unlikely is;
- Bittrex will not give up a lucrative position...unless they are in financial trouble (that we don't know about).
- Coinbase won't pay for an "expensive exchange" when they can easily create one themselves.  They already have the know-how and the customer base (most important part).

As it is, a merger is a "loss" to either party (rather a potential financial disadvantage to one) .

One advantage is that finally XRP will be listed on coinbase which most of the holders had been waiting for, they were waiting for that news and they can now thank Bittrex for it for its almost just like listing XRP on coinbase with the help of Bittrex.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:17:05 PM

I don't know if I should be happy that none of my coins are gonna be delisted. When bittrex delists coins generally they have a huge pump right before. I need that pump actually, on the other hand, they can have a huge dump.
people who are holding these coins should be really cautious. Really dangerous market... Good luck
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:07:02 PM

Cheers

I don't think bittrex has any reason to be sold to anyone, They currently the biggest crypto market. Even some people paid for bittrex account,
Coin delisting is usually because the low market cap, and I dont think there are any correlation between coin delisting and bittrex selling issue,

burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:08:45 PM

Thanks for the info. A pretty strange list, but I thought UNO was removed a long time ago, and MTL has good value on bittrex, but checking it on coinmarketcap shows that all volume moved to binance
Poink (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:13:01 PM

Thanks for the info. A pretty strange list, but I thought UNO was removed a long time ago, and MTL has good value on bittrex, but checking it on coinmarketcap shows that all volume moved to binance
Some coins may be delisted a long time ago but only now are the wallets being removed.

There are various reasons for delisting...not just low volume.  As mentioned some are due to non-compliance to SEC regulations.
kriptom

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

Projects that are both low in volume and will reverse projects that are in contradiction to USA law.
sedou

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:44:37 PM

They have to be SEC compliant so it makes sense. Good riddance too and thank you for that list.
lexodig

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:54:55 PM

Previously bittrex also removed the coins but only 2-3 coins were removed. I think this is a coin with a low trading volume that should be eliminated. Thanks for your list.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

It sucks because many people are going to get destroyed in this, but if this is what it takes towards getting more legitimate and regulated then that is what we will endure. It is tough for those who had these specific coins but it will be good long term for the space.

kulakvlad

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:22:41 PM

I do not have any of these coins and most I saw for the first time. So I do not mind.

justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:25:01 PM

It will eventually remove itself from the industry for me  Cheesy but most of the tokens to be delisted are trash coins. As it is old exchange it has many trash coins, it is right move to be good exchange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: