Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Request to borrow 70 BTC, 1 month, 15%  (Read 1234 times)
eoJ (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:06:45 PM

Hi there, I'm currently a seller on localbitcoins (see my username, same as here) and have 990 users who've traded at least £50 with me. That's all I can say in regards to turnover/profit unfortunately.

I'm looking to borrow 70 bitcoins, over one month. You'll be paid 15% interest after the month is up (same day next month). For collateral, I'm willing to put up my car (worth around £2k), as well as my user account. I'm not sure how that can be done, but I'm willing to state here, that if anyone can provide evidence of me defaulting, I request to be either permanently banned from LocalBitcoins, or have my account given away to the lender/auctioned off with money split. I'm happy to provide any ID I can, as well as verify that I am who I say.

I don't mind splitting the loans across multiple people, for a minimum of 10 BTC loaned per person.

Thanks!
Joe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

I can supply up to 18 BTC of this loan for 2273 LTC collateral.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:22:46 PM

Get a log book loan on your car, problem solved.
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:25:33 PM

I can supply up to 18 BTC of this loan for 2273 LTC collateral.
Sorry, can't do that, I don't hold any litecoin, and if I did, I'd just convert it to bitcoin instead of borrowing at 15%.

Get a log book loan on your car, problem solved.
I'll look into that, but I doubt they'd give me more than like £1k for it as a loan?
Magazine

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:28:09 PM

Well it's better than nothing and it's close to a loan as you will get. No one will give you a loan without full collateral in their control like shares or alt coins.

ID doesn't really count, what can they do if you didn't repay? not very much....
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:39:47 PM

Well it's better than nothing and it's close to a loan as you will get. No one will give you a loan without full collateral in their control like shares or alt coins.

ID doesn't really count, what can they do if you didn't repay? not very much....
The account is the main collateral, I'm the largest seller on LocalBitcoins in the UK by far.

localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/eoJ/ (if anyone's interested in lending and would like an explanation for those 3 blocks, let me know. I have well over 300 people who've marked me as trusted.)
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:44:04 PM

The account is the main collateral, I'm the largest seller on LocalBitcoins in the UK by far.

localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/eoJ/

I can confirm i done 2 deals with him recently using bank account payment. Nothing worked faster.

Everything was done on localbitcoins.com

Magazine

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:48:39 PM

What do you expect people to do with the account? scam their way to getting their money back.
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:57:17 PM

I can confirm i done 2 deals with him recently using bank account payment. Nothing worked faster.

Thanks for the vouch!  Smiley

What do you expect people to do with the account? scam their way to getting their money back.
Auction it, use it themselves to sell (I regularly see people having to offer low prices in order to try and build feedback, an account with feedback like that is invaluable), get me banned, causing me to lose far more than 70 BTC, and stopping me from ever trading again, etc. It seems that you're not interested in loaning though. I will be happy to PM a mod to verify the value of my sales, and why it'd be a very stupid idea for me to scam anyone with my LB account at risk.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:10:44 PM

Thanks for the vouch!  Smiley

Auction it, use it themselves to sell (I regularly see people having to offer low prices in order to try and build feedback, an account with feedback like that is invaluable), get me banned, causing me to lose far more than 70 BTC, and stopping me from ever trading again, etc. It seems that you're not interested in loaning though. I will be happy to PM a mod to verify the value of my sales, and why it'd be a very stupid idea for me to scam anyone with my LB account at risk.

Your account is NOT worth +13k $
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:20:45 PM

The car is worth $3.2.

I realise it's not, that's why I'm paying 435% APR. My reputation, and my business, certainly are. As I said, I'm willing to contact a mod to verify sales etc. Also, for that kind of amount, it'd definitely be worth suing me, in which case I'm fucked for life. I'm also more than happy to provide any lenders with an SEO strategy to destroy my life Cheesy
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:24:49 PM

The car is worth $3.2.

I realise it's not, that's why I'm paying 435% APR. My reputation, and my business, certainly are. As I said, I'm willing to contact a mod to verify sales etc. Also, for that kind of amount, it'd definitely be worth suing me, in which case I'm fucked for life. I'm also more than happy to provide any lenders with an SEO strategy to destroy my life Cheesy

Lenders don't want that, they want something they can quickly and easily sell to get their money back.
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:28:59 PM

The car is worth $3.2.

Lenders don't want that, they want something they can quickly and easily sell to get their money back.
Then they'll have to compare the risk of 10 coins loaned against 435% APR and my likelihood of paying the money back, based on my reputation and previous history. I'm open to offers of staggered advance payment.
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:33:54 PM

The car is worth $3.2.

Then they'll have to compare the risk of 10 coins loaned against 435% APR and my likelihood of paying the money back, based on my reputation and previous history. I'm open to offers of staggered advance payment.

Based on your reputation I could loan you 0.01BTC, Deal?
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

Based on your reputation I could loan you 0.01BTC, Deal?
Thanks for the bump!
Magazine

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:56:19 PM

The lending section never fails to amuse me.
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:17:52 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 08:54:24 PM by eoJ

The lending section never fails to amuse me.
I'm sorry I'm not paying 435% APR for a loan that's oversecured with easily converted currency. Are you done?

For anyone that isn't in this section to raise their postcount, offer is still there. 435% APR, partially secured, staggered weekly repayment available, from someone with an excellent reputation (and just hit 1000 unique buyers of over £50 in the past hour, woot!), who's willing to verify earnings to a mod.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 09:10:53 PM

Auction it, use it themselves to sell (I regularly see people having to offer low prices in order to try and build feedback, an account with feedback like that is invaluable)

Scammers will be the 99% of people that will bid in this auction.
Besides, this account is not worth 75 BTC.
eoJ (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:38:01 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 12:34:41 AM by eoJ

Auction it, use it themselves to sell (I regularly see people having to offer low prices in order to try and build feedback, an account with feedback like that is invaluable)

Scammers will be the 99% of people that will bid in this auction.
Besides, this account is not worth 75 BTC.
RE the 75 BTC auction, something I wrote earlier in response to a troll, but then deleted to not add fuel to the fire:

APR in a loan is what can negate collateral. If you wanted to make a 20% annual APR on your money, which is similar to what a bank offers on a credit card, then at a default rate of 5%, loaning with 1% above the loan amount as collateral, that'd cover it, without taking litecoin price rises into account. Expecting to get collateral well above that and an APR like what I'm offering, from someone with a ton of feedback, is just ludicrous, to be frank.

E2A: I can assure any potential investors looking at this thread that I hold well above the 70 BTC needed in cash. I understand that by loaning to me you won't automatically receive that cash, but if you took me to court (can be done by writing) you would easily recover the amount I'm asking for, plus any expenses. Can verify if needed.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 12:38:20 AM

E2A: I can assure any potential investors looking at this thread that I hold well above the 70 BTC needed in cash. I understand that by loaning to me you won't automatically receive that cash, but if you took me to court (can be done by writing) you would easily recover the amount I'm asking for, plus any expenses. Can verify if needed.

I would take $19,000 in cash as collateral for those 80.5 bitcoins.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: