Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garlicoin - what do you think?  (Read 499 times)
plasmodesmata

Activity: 403
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

Personaly I dodn't get the point of this coin. As it stated on the website it is a memecoin and it have to somehow revolutionize the memcoin market. Dogecoin for example had doges that are attractive by default but there is nothing interesting here. Garlicoin only have Reddit and Slack (no bitcointalk and no telegram is a bad sign). IMO there is a high chance that this coin won't be noticed by the community and its volume will get down to 0.
Where have you seen a Slack for this coin? Can you share the info? Tx!

check on reddit
elminey

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:05:00 PM

I found this on Twitter, though not from Garlicoin's official Twitter account.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPYluTwsM7JI2OIjQWB4Yvi4zEsODcyEk0Ip_6tpnD3cuiYA/viewform

I doubt if it's legit.  Undecided Undecided
renaldn

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:49:05 PM

I found this on Twitter, though not from Garlicoin's official Twitter account.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPYluTwsM7JI2OIjQWB4Yvi4zEsODcyEk0Ip_6tpnD3cuiYA/viewform

I doubt if it's legit.  Undecided Undecided
Looks completely fake!
And nothing was announced on Discord.
Stay away of that... Smiley
nicomanzin

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:01:20 PM

Hi all Smiley

I see you've been wondering what's new with Garlicoin.

The official website is www.garlicoin.io and you'll find all the info you need.

There is an airdrop ongoing right now, but you had to be in the subchannel before 01/22/2018.

The price for a GRLC is still low and going down but, hey, you never know !

You can trade GRLC on tradesatoshi and coinfalcon for what I know.

Garlicoin maybe not the cryptocurrencie of the futur, but it's fun to mine as it's fairly easy to do so.
To be honest it's a very good learning tool to get a foot in the mining stuff.

That's it Smiley
Numir

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:13:11 PM

I still have mixed feelings towards this coin. It slowly catches my eye for sure.
It wasn't attractive enough at first, but I don't know. Maybe there is something in this one.
If we look at the whole meme thing I personally think it's stupid, but lot of people like that stuff.
I'm thinking to buy some with cash. Prices now are very good for buying.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 585

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:39:46 PM

It may be worth a look as the crypto market is down across the board.  What makes this coin particularly intriguing is the amount of community support behind it, which is crucial, and the organic growth feel.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:51:03 PM

It is a joke that at no time desires to be taken seriously. But, eventually as everything related to cryptomoedas, it can be taken seriously and offer good gains for those who decided to invest. Only it appears in one of the worst moments of this new economy. So if it is resilient, it is likely that it will cost a lot more than anyone can imagine. Memes are more viral than solid and academic projects.
nicomanzin

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:03:33 PM

I'm thinking to buy some with cash. Prices now are very good for buying.

Maybe I'm wrong, but i think mining is more interesting because it's really easy to do so.
I've a R9 290x with a medium hashrate (260khs) and I mine around 5/10 Grlc a day.

With a 1080ti you can go for 50/60 grlc per day.
That's a nice amount and you won't have spend money on it.

But, then again, I'm kind of noob and maybe i'm not thinking this right Smiley
MrSlosh

Activity: 64
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:34:56 PM

If Garlicoin ever appreciates in value I would be pleasantly surprised. I don't think it was ever launched with a serious goal in mind. It started because of a reddit post on the garlicbread subreddit.

One thing it has done however is bring loads of new people into the crypto world. Many people on the subreddit have expressed that this was their first foray into the world of crypto coins and that they learned more about blockchain and mining then they had just by reading dry articles about it. If nothing else, the intrinsic value of the coin has been that it has allowed tens of thousands of people to learn about crypto by participating, even if it is just silly nonsense.
nicomanzin

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:03:53 PM

education is a good nonsense Wink
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:34:59 PM

Lol there is no real point in a memecoin about garlic.

I could just swap out PayCon onto a new Blockchain as POS only.

PayCon is/was a way better memecoin than something about garlic because it's educational about the actual work that it takes to create an Alt-coin.
jacobwoods

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:33:36 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that Garlicoin has been added to Switchain, a non-custodial exchange. This is significant news for the community and you should know about it.
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:40:21 PM

Lol garlic Cheesy I like it
ekn222

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:41:45 PM

probably another non sense coin