Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:41:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Silk Road Bust is Not as it Seems  (Read 8154 times)
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

I take it seriously and I think there are some very valid points here.
It all adds up - much more then the official story.

Thanks, @benjamindees

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 09:44:17 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 10:32:47 AM by piotr_n

And of course it was super-important for all the "n00bs" to see that it was the FBI painstakingly transferring the bullshit arbitrary 324btc amounts from address "148vsdjh5ykjdskjdtkjsj" to "1jeg939fg956iugf".
Exactly.
The alleged DPRs wallet was finally decrypted by FBI, just a day or two after these "conspiracy theories" started to leak out, thus "proving" that they are all bullshit.
What a coincidence.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 07:15:02 AM

I'm loving how the mod who moved this thread has covered their tracks by removing the "Moved:...etc etc" hyperlink from the general board. Grin

STFU, moron...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316855.0

I love how psy is not covering up for hazek and this forum by planting what Raoul has proven was missing.  Grin Grin Grin

EDIT: Boy, did I fuck up that humor! Raoul is psy, and I thought I was quoting psy responding to Raoul, recalling his avatar only. I hate it when the jokes on me.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:09:56 AM

I don't know if he was set up to take the fall for the site, or if he was even paid to; but the original DPR remains free. How do I know this? I was chatting with him on Torchat around the time of the bust of Ulbricht. A short period after the bust occurred, he said to me, "turn on the news," and logged off. Cliche, but effective. He has not been back on since, and with reason.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SilkroadUNcensored/comments/1pdlgb/i_was_a_former_top_sr_admin_ama_expose_inside/cd1e5we

No idea whether this is legit or not.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:38:01 AM

Wow, I'm gonna grab a coke to go with my popcorn.....
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:35:14 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Family friend who provided photo's. "Ross says that someone named Libertas was the original owner"

I'm just going to paste the exact quote.

"Ross is saying that a person who goes by the username "Libertas" was the one who actually got arrested for the cocaine several months ago.... When this happen, the original owner Libertas pulled the entire site down, and convinced Ross to take temporary ownership of the site until he could straighten out the case with the cocaine? Ross claims, he was never even really in control. Libertas had complete control over the wallet and even answered messages people sent to Ross on the site. He had no idea that the owner of the website was being investigated or even working under cover. The only reason Ross agreed to do it was so the police would be convinced that Libertas was not the actual owner. he told Ross that's what the police had charged him with, along with the cocaine. Ross says he went by the name inigo" and was only a helper on the site. The original owner moved down to the Libertas spot, and Ross moved into the new owner spot. Ross is the sweetest, kindest, most nerdy guy you could ever meet. The owner even forced Ross into doing that magazine interview, against much protest from Ross, and even withheld pay from ross for a week, claiming it was "punishment" for screwing up and saying he was not the original owner."

Funny. We were told that the site was under a "DDOS" when it was pulled down.

Only proof I can offer is photos the person offered that no one else have circulated in the media provided by said friend.

https://i.imgur.com/pQPKsSe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZhYwnk3.jpg

An album of ross drunk

Again, no idea whether this is legit.  Just quoting for posterity.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SilkroadUNcensored/comments/1pww9d/breaking_news_family_friend_who_provided_photos/

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:51:00 AM

He looks like he has no teeth, lol.

Either way I know there's a lot more behind the story than just the FBI caught him through Supena's. I read an interview on Forbes where he said he wasn't the first one to run the site, and someone handed it down to him awhile after he found some major security flaws. So according to DPR, the time when the posts were made that supposedly got him caught, he wasn't even the owner of Silk Road.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:59:44 AM

Obviously the whole Silk road thing was a setup from the Get-Go. Nobody from Texas that had the skills to develop such a website would EVER be dumb enough to follow through with such a ridiculous idea. In this day and age, I don't see how ANYONE would even consider buying drugs using the computer. The FBI database of SR users is most likely comprised of 90% middle school-aged boys.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:10:38 PM

I wish there were more to this story as the OP indicates, because that's some great conspiracy theory stuff! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it went down the way they said it did.

Well, this prediction seems to have some facts behind it now, at least:

The attempted murder-for-hire was probably fabricated as well

And here's another (anonymous) claim to know the "real" DPR.  Again, no idea whether it's legit:

Okay this is probably either one of the stupidest decisions of my life or it may just be the only redeeming thing I have ever done. So you all know about "Silk Road" (the defunct online drug market that was shut down in oct13). The man sentenced to life for running it (Ross Ulbricht), is not the only guy who ran it. I dont think he was too involved at all. I have since moved and the person I am about to talk about has gone ghost as well so here it goes:
I spent a few months dating this guy (considerably older) who was probably running the website for 80% of the time. He was always online logged in and many times in-front of me not only used the Dread Pirate Roberts account, but also chatted with who I now believe was the Ulbricht boy. My former SO often joked that this "kid" was essentially his robot and worshipped him. I know he had probably over 2,500 bitcoins at one point. I saw other things that he is stupid for flaunting, such as his conversations that he would decrypt and save to USB drives as "insurance" (his words) of him discussing things with police. Either he was an informant or he had them working for him. I think both. I know for a period of about 8 or 9 months that Ulbricht had not logged into the site portal because my ex-SO became paranoid that the guy might have been arrested or killed or turned informant. he pops back up and they start chatting like old buddies, supposedly he was hanging out with family and having personal problems.
I dont know the specifics and have never told a soul. When they arrested this boy, my ex took off. Said he was going to visit his parents and lay low for a bit, and then abruptly vanished. I did see him as "last online X hours ago" on Whatsapp here and there, so thankfully he's not dead or in jail.. I think.
For those who might think I could be getting him in trouble and Im being a bitch/vengeful/rat. No I aint. He's not a US citizen and is most likely not in the US.
TLDR/ELI5: Ross Ulbricht was definetly not "The Dread Pirate Roberts" as much as he was accused of. That would impossible. He sure is paying the price for it though. May God make this guys situation better one day, he's pain a price for shit he wasnt too vested in.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3b0kwl/whats_your_deep_web_story/cshrivc

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:15:00 PM

I wish there were more to this story as the OP indicates, because that's some great conspiracy theory stuff! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it went down the way they said it did.

Well, this prediction seems to have some facts behind it now, at least:

The attempted murder-for-hire was probably fabricated as well

And here's another (anonymous) claim to know the "real" DPR.  Again, no idea whether it's legit:

Okay this is probably either one of the stupidest decisions of my life or it may just be the only redeeming thing I have ever done. So you all know about "Silk Road" (the defunct online drug market that was shut down in oct13). The man sentenced to life for running it (Ross Ulbricht), is not the only guy who ran it. I dont think he was too involved at all. I have since moved and the person I am about to talk about has gone ghost as well so here it goes:
I spent a few months dating this guy (considerably older) who was probably running the website for 80% of the time. He was always online logged in and many times in-front of me not only used the Dread Pirate Roberts account, but also chatted with who I now believe was the Ulbricht boy. My former SO often joked that this "kid" was essentially his robot and worshipped him. I know he had probably over 2,500 bitcoins at one point. I saw other things that he is stupid for flaunting, such as his conversations that he would decrypt and save to USB drives as "insurance" (his words) of him discussing things with police. Either he was an informant or he had them working for him. I think both. I know for a period of about 8 or 9 months that Ulbricht had not logged into the site portal because my ex-SO became paranoid that the guy might have been arrested or killed or turned informant. he pops back up and they start chatting like old buddies, supposedly he was hanging out with family and having personal problems.
I dont know the specifics and have never told a soul. When they arrested this boy, my ex took off. Said he was going to visit his parents and lay low for a bit, and then abruptly vanished. I did see him as "last online X hours ago" on Whatsapp here and there, so thankfully he's not dead or in jail.. I think.
For those who might think I could be getting him in trouble and Im being a bitch/vengeful/rat. No I aint. He's not a US citizen and is most likely not in the US.
TLDR/ELI5: Ross Ulbricht was definetly not "The Dread Pirate Roberts" as much as he was accused of. That would impossible. He sure is paying the price for it though. May God make this guys situation better one day, he's pain a price for shit he wasnt too vested in.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3b0kwl/whats_your_deep_web_story/cshrivc

In case you're wondering which user account on this forum was Curtis Green that I uncovered: bigasic locked the thread he started to help a Silk Road mod.

I also uncovered the user name on this forum of the top forensics guy in the world. I believe him to be a cool dude though, especially when he patted me on the back via private convo for uncovering more on Brock Pierce then he had. Even Brock conveyed to me three times (once in person) echoing my Google-fu skills.

Currently, I'm connecting the dots between Sonny Vleisides and Jeff Ownby's relationship way before BFL and the former's sentencing for fleecing tens of millions mostly from the elderly with his/their lottery scheme.

One more thing: I'm almost convinced that Raoul is psy are the same person.  Grin
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:07:24 PM

In this day and age, I don't see how ANYONE would even consider buying drugs using the computer.

I don't either, but you have a vastly inflated notion of how prudent people are if you don't realize lots of people actually did just that and continue to do it even after recent events.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: