Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New restricted financial products policy  (Read 151 times)
jlmj (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:34:58 PM

There will be a new restricted financial products policy by Google.

In June 2018, Google will update the Financial services policy to restrict the advertisement of Contracts for Difference, rolling spot forex, and financial spread betting. In addition, ads for the following will no longer be allowed to serve:

Binary options and synonymous products
Cryptocurrencies and related content (including but not limited to initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice)
Ads for aggregators and affiliates for the following will no longer be allowed to serve:

Contracts for Difference
Rolling spot forex
Financial spread betting
Cryptocurrencies and related content.

Sources:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265
https://www.fxstreet.com/news/google-to-ban-ads-on-cryptocurrencies-related-products-rtrs-201803140550
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:17:22 PM

Google has announced this few days back and that's not a good news for the community. Because a major potion of the cryptocurrency advertising is done through Google's ad distribution service. However, on the other hand it will open up a whole new sphere of business in the online advertising field. But the market will certainly take a hit in terms of attracting new visitors, but I don't expect any hit on cryptocurrency pricing.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:59:16 PM

Google has announced this few days back and that's not a good news for the community. Because a major potion of the cryptocurrency advertising is done through Google's ad distribution service.
The majority of the sites and services that were advertising through Google were likely schemes, and outright scams. From there you can say that it's a heavy loss for the scams, but a win for the community.

If I look at the general opinion of people regarding Google's decision to prohibit all ads related to crypto, then it's clear that not many of them see it as a negative event for crypto at all.

However, on the other hand it will open up a whole new sphere of business in the online advertising field.
This forum will become one of the main platforms to advertise on due to its popularity. The lowest auction slot was sold for 0.48BTC in the previous auction, and that without ICOs inflating the bids.

I wouldn't be surprised to see auction slots will go for 1BTC a pop before the end of the year. It's just a matter of months, really.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:03:51 PM

Google seems not much positive towards crypto-currency and ICO's advertisement. This is a thing to worry. After Fb, now google banning crypto-related ad. Twitter and forum are main source of advertisement of ICO's and other crypto related world.
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

Seen this already, it probably appeared at the same time when Facebook announced banning ICO ads.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:23:04 AM

Seen this already, it probably appeared at the same time when Facebook announced banning ICO ads.
Instead of having to fight with ICO I recommend Facebook to engage in their own safety. It seems to me that after the loss of reputation and a sharp drop in the price of Facebook shares, they will run for all advertisers not to ruin. Perhaps now it is better to think about what you need to prevent all services to require and store personal data accounts?
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:59:20 PM

In June 2018, Google will update the Financial services policy to restrict the advertisement of Contracts for Difference, rolling spot forex, and financial spread betting. In addition, ads for the following will no longer be allowed to serve:

Cryptocurrencies and related content (including but not limited to initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice)
Ads for aggregators and affiliates for the following will no longer be allowed to serve:

Contracts for Difference
Rolling spot forex
Financial spread betting

Sources:
https://www.fxstreet.com/news/google-to-ban-ads-on-cryptocurrencies-related-products-rtrs-201803140550

When the news broke, I even thought it was all about ICO but including the bolded just showed that the effect will be massive. Agreed that people won't lose money because of ICOs, it then means they can't even see ads of exchange sites where they can, they can get ads of wallets to install which might propel action to know about what bitcoin is all about. The only way people would know about bitcoin is through direct advertisement through billboards, fliers and personal conviction which put a lot of responsibilities on those of us already involved. The only thing we can do is to brace up because hard times are coming.
Iggor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

Google has announced this few days back and that's not a good news for the community. Because a major potion of the cryptocurrency advertising is done through Google's ad distribution service. However, on the other hand it will open up a whole new sphere of business in the online advertising field. But the market will certainly take a hit in terms of attracting new visitors, but I don't expect any hit on cryptocurrency pricing.

Correct, advertising will be done through other services and new ones too. It is bad news, but a lot of people got scammed, so some regulations are needed. They are trying to filter out bad things, but they can't separate them all. All in all, it won't hit crypto hard.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:42:19 PM

If this is the case, we should need to build up other search engine other than google to do the advertising. Used yahoo or a much decentralized sites, this is the only way to protest such regulatory actions made by google. If the community will unite for this movement to boycott google then it would appear to them that they made a wrong thing. This is the best thing to do.

HODL
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:06:05 AM

This is actually good news for the cryptocurrency movement as the advertising money can now be focused on crypto-friendly sites and there are now many of them like this forum. This is a big loss to Google and since it is a search engine that is afraid of the government then we should be supportive of alternative sites for cryptocurrency. I am not worried at all with this development as Google does not own the internet. I am even saying that it is possible that Google will later on come up with strict guidelines for ads related to cryptocurrency instead of giving a blanket policy. 
Gadhoh

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:48:50 AM

Contracts for Difference
Rolling spot forex
Financial spread betting

Sources:
the country is afraid that when electronic currencies are more interested than their own currency their currency value will drop even lower than electronic currency, that's why the electronic currency is restricted or even forbidden to enter
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:09:03 AM

This is actually good news for the cryptocurrency movement as the advertising money can now be focused on crypto-friendly sites and there are now many of them like this forum. This is a big loss to Google and since it is a search engine that is afraid of the government then we should be supportive of alternative sites for cryptocurrency. I am not worried at all with this development as Google does not own the internet. I am even saying that it is possible that Google will later on come up with strict guidelines for ads related to cryptocurrency instead of giving a blanket policy. 

I don't see how it is good for cryptocurrencies in general. Advertising through sites like Google makes more people aware about cryptocurrencies, something which advertising on 'crypto-friendly' sites cannot do. Companies like Google and Facebook tend to be jumping the gun here - blocking advertising when there is no cryptocurrency regulation in place. Do they also imply that a non-crypto related site/scheme that advertises on Google cannot turn out to be scam.
That way, I like this forum's policy. Scams / trust is not moderated. Just ensures that users don't get a false sense of security.
Riser7

Activity: 40
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:45:43 AM

It has its good sides. Preventing people from being scammed is one of them. Google is a strong engine for advertising and it will take effect on crypto promotion. But I hope that legit projects can get their space because otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

It has its good sides. Preventing people from being scammed is one of them. Google is a strong engine for advertising and it will take effect on crypto promotion. But I hope that legit projects can get their space because otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.
No one has ever been able to protect people from scams. They exist so many years as there are people. Prohibition of advertising Google does not help to solve the problem. It seems to me that all Internet giants were bribed by oligarchs from the stock market. I don't believe these monsters voluntarily gave up a lot of money. For me, this is a signal that cryptocurrencies are on the right track.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:17:34 PM

No one has ever been able to protect people from scams. They exist so many years as there are people. Prohibition of advertising Google does not help to solve the problem. It seems to me that all Internet giants were bribed by oligarchs from the stock market. I don't believe these monsters voluntarily gave up a lot of money. For me, this is a signal that cryptocurrencies are on the right track.
Same perceptions and beliefs on where I do believe theres always a reason behind with these kind of decisions towards banning/restricting ads came from ICO and other crypto-related things.You are actually right on where there were no one would able to protect people from scams and such prohibition being made by Google doesn't only being considered on their own but there always an influence from big people/institution.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:10:00 AM

Google seems not much positive towards crypto-currency and ICO's advertisement. This is a thing to worry. After Fb, now google banning crypto-related ad. Twitter and forum are main source of advertisement of ICO's and other crypto related world.
That now seems the truth because of the recent outburst of media about this news. It has had a lot of impact on all of us as is seen from the repetitive threads being posted time n again on the forum. But yes that's for sure we have Twitter, we have this forum to serve those advertisement purposes. So right now it is not effecting us much for sure!!
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:01:27 PM

Instead of having to fight with ICO I recommend Facebook to engage in their own safety. It seems to me that after the loss of reputation and a sharp drop in the price of Facebook shares, they will run for all advertisers not to ruin. Perhaps now it is better to think about what you need to prevent all services to require and store personal data accounts?
Yes, totally agree with you.
Aresion

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

Something is good with their ban and that is scams prevention. On the other hand, it's no good for crypto. There are good projects to that needs an advertisement.
But there are rumours that Google working on its own coin. This could be possible too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: